Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 467039 times)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #975 on: January 03, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »
Any news if Livermore will be fined 2 weeks wages, because whatever play acting the Blackburn player did that was shocking discipline from him.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #976 on: January 03, 2019, 12:55:02 PM »
Jake is another Baggie that divides opinion. A great player he is not but in my view he is having a good season for us in this division. To those who say that he will not be missed can they please confirm who should replace him? No obvious candidates for me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #977 on: January 03, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »
I don't think he's outstanding in any way but when he hasn't played we've missed him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #978 on: January 03, 2019, 07:52:45 PM »
Livermore covering ground and closing down next to a more creative player works well.  I thought the combination of Livermore, Phillips and Barry workef really well.

Ask him to be the passing midfielder and in this role he would not be missed.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #979 on: February 09, 2019, 09:22:00 PM »
Extremely lucky not to get sent off again today, then later on his sportsmanship prevented Joe Allen getting a red. Thought he was his usual 4 or 5 out of 10 and would like Harper to take his place going forward. Use him from the bench to shore up games we're winning narrowly.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #980 on: February 09, 2019, 09:23:25 PM »
Thought he was poor today, his touch was awful. Would prefer to play Harper on Tuesday.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #981 on: February 10, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »
needs to lay of the weights, looks more like a body builder these days. he's squarer than boiler man.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #982 on: February 10, 2019, 10:32:47 AM »
He does look slow and cumbersome in possession

Agree he may be useful to help shore up a game - like yesterday.

I’d much rather see Harper or Phillips being used in that third midfield position alongside Barry and Johansen

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #983 on: February 10, 2019, 11:45:54 AM »
He does look slow and cumbersome in possession

Agree he may be useful to help shore up a game - like yesterday.

I’d much rather see Harper or Phillips being used in that third midfield position alongside Barry and Johansen
Until we signed johansen he was probably the only "protector" that we had
It's a funny one, he's never outstanding but when he's not there we miss him
I'd like us to go 442
  Phillips.     Harper/Barry.  Johansen/Livermore    Montero/Murphy
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #984 on: February 10, 2019, 11:51:00 AM »
Do not rate him at all, The man panics as soon as he receives the ball, Turns into the opposition too many times, Just not mobile enough and way over bulked. Harper all day over him but i feel big dave will keep playing Livermore.

His already been banned alot, Should have went yesterday as-well. Liability's don't belong in the team, That's why Brunt belongs nowhere near midfield.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #985 on: February 10, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »
Go back to the start of the thread to see my opinions on him and nothing has changed really, he is an extremely limited footballer, you coulod see that from the outset, but is a handy squad player for this level to come in and 'do a job'. If everyone were fit and available, my midfield three pecking order would be:

Starters
Phillips
Barry
Johansen

Remainder in order
Harper
Livermore
Field
Myhill
Brunt

I'm excluding Morrison entirely because, sadly, he is done as a footballer now. The decision to sign him up again looks more and more ludicrous by the day

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #986 on: February 10, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »
Go back to the start of the thread to see my opinions on him and nothing has changed really, he is an extremely limited footballer, you coulod see that from the outset, but is a handy squad player for this level to come in and 'do a job'. If everyone were fit and available, my midfield three pecking order would be:

Starters
Phillips
Barry
Johansen

Remainder in order
Harper
Livermore
Field
Myhill
Brunt

I'm excluding Morrison entirely because, sadly, he is done as a footballer now. The decision to sign him up again looks more and more ludicrous by the day

Myhill in midfield? I'd love to see that as long as he was playing for the opposing team.  ;D

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #987 on: February 10, 2019, 12:33:16 PM »

Myhill in midfield? I'd love to see that as long as he was playing for the opposing team.  ;D

Accentuation of a point  ;)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #988 on: February 10, 2019, 12:37:22 PM »
Despite his limitations in most of the games he has been suspended we have missed him, only times we didn't was when Field and Harper were alongside Barry.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #989 on: February 10, 2019, 01:00:49 PM »
I thought he played well first half vs Brighton when he played in the Barry role, ie - in front of the defence. He got the ball and passed it well, however he isnt as good as Barry in that role and i would think Field is next in that role in league games if Barry cant play

He did look off the pace yesterday as the tempo was quicker than the fa cup and he is a big powerful lad anyway so i would imagine he needs a couple of games to get upto speed which is why he cant afford to keep getting bans!

For a long time he was our legs in midfield but he does seem to be bulking up more and with the emergence of Harper and signing Johansen we arent as reliant on him as we was but we do seem to do better this season when he plays.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:02:52 PM by Albion79 »

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #990 on: February 10, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »
I don't expect us to have Barry next year, and I think and hope Brunt and Morrison are more or less finished now (with all due respect to a decade's fine contribution from each) so I would say he can keep on doing a solid if unspectacular job for us in either the champ or the Prem.  If Field, Harper and others are going to come through, we will need someone with a presence on the pitch who's been there and done it.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #991 on: February 10, 2019, 01:56:12 PM »
Despite his limitations in most of the games he has been suspended we have missed him, only times we didn't was when Field and Harper were alongside Barry.

What you’re trying to say is that we dont miss Livermore when we play round pegs in round holes !

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #992 on: February 10, 2019, 02:48:46 PM »
What you’re trying to say is that we dont miss Livermore when we play round pegs in round holes !

In a nutshell  :D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #993 on: February 10, 2019, 03:14:55 PM »
Worst CM at the club apart from Brunt. Another long term contract signee.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #994 on: February 12, 2019, 11:50:31 PM »
Won't hear a bad word said about Brunt in centre midfield after watching this guys attempt at the pivot tonight. Absolutely embarrassing, he's got multiple England caps,  one of the worst performances I've ever seen from an Albion player.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #995 on: February 12, 2019, 11:51:45 PM »
Won't hear a bad word said about Brunt in centre midfield after watching this guys attempt at the pivot tonight. Absolutely embarrassing, he's got multiple England caps,  one of the worst performances I've ever seen from an Albion player.

You won't regardless of Livermore.

Livermore was awful tonight, possibly his worst performance in an Albion shirt.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #996 on: February 12, 2019, 11:53:44 PM »
One of Moore and Jones favourites so we can't say a bad word against a pooh midfielder.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #997 on: February 13, 2019, 04:45:31 AM »
I still can't believe we have given him a new contract. We should have left it as it was and now we could be making sure we get Harper a deal.
O Albion we love you

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #998 on: February 13, 2019, 06:57:46 AM »
At the moment he's a liability from the point of view that he makes too many mistakes and in trying to rectify those mistakes he becomes reckless.
It amazes me that we let Yacob walk away and kept this Charlie
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #999 on: February 13, 2019, 07:34:50 AM »
He fouls, he gives the ball away all the time, defensively he offers nothing really other than being an athlete and going forward he's horrendous. With Harper and Barry we simply don't need him in the team.

The only use i can see for him is coming off the bench when the other team is tiring so he can run around a bit but we could sign a 100 metre runner to do that.

He's one of my least favourite players to seen in an Albion shirt and i endured the Alan Buckley days!