Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 150375 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2020, 10:22:14 AM »
22 year old Poland international winger Kamil Jozwiak finally signs for Derby. From everything i've read, he could be an interesting addition who, if given time, will be an exciting player for Derby.

He is the second young Polish winger to come to the championship after Przemyslaw Placheta signed for Norwich a few months ago.

It's arguably a step up from Polish football to the championship, as Joel Valencia found last season, but Poland have been producing a lot of decent young players in the last decade. Could be one to watch.
Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2020, 03:37:58 PM »
DEAL DONE: Leeds United have singed Crysencio Summerville from Feyenoord for an undisclosed fee until 2023. (Source: @LUFC)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »
Are you sure?

Blumen thal, i got that wrong didn't I ?  Heaton !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2020, 10:33:26 PM »
DEAL DONE: Leeds United have singed Crysencio Summerville from Feyenoord for an undisclosed fee until 2023. (Source: @LUFC)
Skilful, but bloke is too physically small and frail to do much damage. One of Alan Pardew's ADO Den Haag players, who wasn't able to produce the goods for Alan!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2020, 10:43:54 PM »
Villa in for Rico Henry - The Sun, in tommorows paper

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2020, 11:33:53 PM »
Villa in for Rico Henry - The Sun, in tommorows paper

Would cost them the same as Matty Cash you would imagine, if not more. With bids in for other players too, surely they hsve to fall foul of ffp at some point?
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2020, 11:48:32 PM »
I'm not sure. It seems in the PL as long as the owners are willing to put their own money in without it being a loan it doesn't matter.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2020, 12:27:16 AM »
Would cost them the same as Matty Cash you would imagine, if not more. With bids in for other players too, surely they hsve to fall foul of ffp at some point?

In the short term no across a rolling 3 year period  they can lose £105m but certain expenditure is excluded e.g. the cost of the academy so actual trading losses are probably closer to £150m It is also likely that the Premier League will give clubs some relief because of covid-19. While not suspending the rules the reporting period is likely to be adjusted so that the current circumstances are less impactful.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2020, 12:34:12 PM »
 DEAL DONE: Manchester United have sent James Garner on a season-long loan to Watford. (Source: @WatfordFC)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2020, 03:44:22 PM »
Liverpool are interested in Wolves forward Diogo Jota. (Source: The Times)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2020, 03:51:50 PM »
so thats why Nuno said he "is not available for selection"  Mendez effect starting ??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2020, 04:00:01 PM »
DEAL DONE: Liverpool have signed Thiago Alcântara from Bayern Munich for an initial £20m which could rise to £25m. He’s penned a 4-year contract and will wear the number 6 shirt. (Source: @LFC)

That's a fantastic signing for that fee
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2020, 07:05:27 PM »
BREAKING: In the last few hours, Liverpool have contacted Barcelona to enquire about the signing of Ousmane Dembélé. They're prepared to take him on loan and are willing to pay a compensation amount. Barça are yet to respond. (Source: SPORT)

I though Klopp said he wouldn’t, significantly, be involved in this transfer window?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2020, 07:26:46 PM »
Gareth Bale to cost Tottenham bargain £9m on season-long loan deal | @Matt_Law_DT leads the reporting team

I could never see Daniel paying £20m loan fee, plus picking up 50% of his wages, combined yes
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2020, 01:26:57 AM »
Interesting few days in the market.

Bale to Spurs loan with a £9m loan fee and 50% of his wages. Some outlets describing it as a bargain. Yes would be if you had the Bale that left Spurs 7 years ago but you absolutely don't have that. Question is how good is this version and how does Mourinho integrate him into the Spurs team? Definitely one on the big pile of let's wait and see how things turn out transfers.

More enthused about the Thiago deal with the midfielder joining Liverpool for £25m (including add-ons) on 4 year deal. At 29 still got enough decent years to just about justify the 4 year deal.

Jota also interesting in part because Liverpool are only paying Wolves £4m in the first year and as with all Wolves deals pay close attention to the agents fees because that is how Fosun are weeding money off the table via their partner Mendes. The Silva deal was £27m plus £9m in agents fees £6m of which went Mendes who is not the players agent but he is Jota's so I am guessing another £10m in the Mendes coffers. 

Craig Dawson linked with Fulham might be going for the relegation hat trick.

Green eyed monster corner Freiburg have just signed Baptiste Santamaria from Angers for £9m one of the best Defensive Mids from Ligue 1 for less than we might end up paying for Krovinovic. Surprised he has gone to Freiburg as I thought a team a little bit further up the food chain would be in for him.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2020, 09:21:39 AM »
Villa have confirmed Traore
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2020, 10:38:09 AM »

Diogo Jota: Liverpool agree £45m deal with Wolves for forward

John Percy
On Diogo Jota’s £45m move to #lfc: #Wolves view the deal as a calculated decision, as Nuno moves to modify the style of play for 3rd season in the PL. Emergence of Pedro Neto and Daniel Podence also key, so Jota will not necessarily be replaced. Fee represents good business #wwfc

TWO DONE DEALS.....
* #LFC sign Diogo Jota for £45m on a five-year contract. Initial fee of £41m rising to £45m.
* Ki-Jana Hoever going in the opposite direction in a £13.5m deal. £9m guaranteed/£4.5m in add-ons. #LFC have negotiated 15% sell-on clause
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 11:20:08 AM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2020, 10:49:23 AM »

Jota also interesting in part because Liverpool are only paying Wolves £4m in the first year and as with all Wolves deals pay close attention to the agents fees because that is how Fosun are weeding money off the table via their partner Mendes. The Silva deal was £27m plus £9m in agents fees £6m of which went Mendes who is not the players agent but he is Jota's so I am guessing another £10m in the Mendes coffers. 

A football club being run by a football agent.

It utterly disgusts me how low the Dingles have sunk and how compliant their ‘fans’ have been in sacrificing the very identify of their club.

Makes me sick. 🤢🤮

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »
It was either take the money or yo yo between Championship and League 1 and remain irrelevant. I don't blame them.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2020, 12:05:17 PM »
It was either take the money or yo yo between Championship and League 1 and remain irrelevant. I don't blame them.

No it absolutely wasn't the only choice available but to frame it as a choice the fans actively make is just a nonsense.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2020, 12:14:54 PM »
The fans don't actively or passively have any say. That's nonsense however put yourself in their shoes. Would you rather rummage around League 1 or have a go.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2020, 10:36:56 PM »
Leeds in for Daniel James from Man Utd for 12m

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #272 on: September 20, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »
Leeds in for Daniel James from Man Utd for 12m

Started for Man U yesterday and allegedly cost them 15 mill plus add ons so I can't see it myself!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #273 on: September 20, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »
They need the money for Sancho deal apparently.

Wolves signing Semedo from Barcelona.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: September 20, 2020, 06:11:50 PM »
A football club being run by a football agent.

It utterly disgusts me how low the Dingles have sunk and how compliant their ‘fans’ have been in sacrificing the very identify of their club.

Makes me sick. 🤢🤮

Mendes moves decent players there. His players get a shop window, while Wolves improve their team. When the player is at (or near) the top market value they think they'll get for him, they sell him. Yes, the agent gets a big payday, but so does the club. This means they are able to buy better players and improve the first team.

Case in point; they signed Mendes client Diogo Jota (initial season-long loan, permanent for approximately £12m). He was a reserve at Atletico Madrid, without a senior appearance to his name. After three years with the Dingles, he joins Liverpool for over £40m, ensuring a return of over 3 times the initial investment.

They have now used that money to buy a Liverpool reserve who could turn out to be a very good player, and a first-teamer from Barcelona who will improve the quality of the squad straight away.

It might benefit the agent, but it also benefits the club. And by the way, while they use Mendes on the vast majority of their transfers, not all of their players are his clients; he represents the club in deals which bring other players in. They scout better than a lot of teams too.