Author Topic: Eric Bristow  (Read 3061 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Eric Bristow
« on: December 01, 2016, 12:06:42 PM »
This bloke was a legend for me, real straight talking, take no prisoners type, but his comments about the child abuse in football are an absolute disgrace.
Can't see him working in TV again anytime soon.

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Eric Bristow
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 12:29:28 PM »
How to ruin your media career in 1 tweet   :o

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »
Both feet in mouth at the same time.
I think what he was basically saying was if that had happened to him, once he was old enough and big enough to do something about it he would take care of it himself.
Not defending him but what he said came out all wrong I believe.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »
Both feet in mouth at the same time.
I think what he was basically saying was if that had happened to him, once he was old enough and big enough to do something about it he would take care of it himself.
Not defending him but what he said came out all wrong I believe.

That was my view, but he totally misjudged the situation and audience. Likewise I am not defending him in the slightest - it was a stupid tactless thing to do. He just did not appreciate the seriousness of the matter.
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »
What did he say?   

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »
What did he say?
Basically that they should stop crying, man up and go back and sort the abusers out.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »
Basically he`s saying it`s ok to go out and abuse the abusers that would just make you a vigilante he`s a total Pratt the abusers have got to be bought to justice because there are loads of victims out there who have suffered at the hands of those vile individuals not just football but all walks of life

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »
His comments the way he worded them were nothing short of disgraceful, I would like to think he didn't mean it to come across as it did but regardless his media career is finished now because of it and rightfully so.

Loughborough Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 08:53:53 PM »
If Bristow had simply said that he couldnt understand why the abusers didnt seek physical retribution when they were older you could understand his question.  Unfortunately, being a motor mouth, he then had to jump to ill informed conclusions about the manhood of the victims.

I doubt Eric reads this webpage but if he read the following it might help to answer his question....

...I know someone who was sexually abused as a young lad who as a a result turned into the most violent and vicious person you could ever have the misfortune to meet.  Such was his level of violence that he ended up behind bars.  But he was never able to face his perpetrator.  To have had to face him would have been too much for him.  Like so many, his perpatrator is dead without facing justice.

This particular victim has an amazing story and is now a massive force for good in our community.  If you want to read his story its Prison Without Bars by Graham Swann.

What I find more shocking than Bristow's ignorant & offensive comments is the news that Chelsea football club paid hush money to someone in 2015 to cover up abuse.  2015!!!!! not 1975 or even 1995.  2015, when the extent of former child abuse in this country was well known.  Frankly they have broken every child protection rule in the book.  If they were an old peoples care home they would be shut down.  End of.  Frankly I think they should be thrown out of the league.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 12:31:00 AM »
If Bristow had simply said that he couldnt understand why the abusers didnt seek physical retribution when they were older you could understand his question.  Unfortunately, being a motor mouth, he then had to jump to ill informed conclusions about the manhood of the victims.

I doubt Eric reads this webpage but if he read the following it might help to answer his question....

...I know someone who was sexually abused as a young lad who as a a result turned into the most violent and vicious person you could ever have the misfortune to meet.  Such was his level of violence that he ended up behind bars.  But he was never able to face his perpetrator.  To have had to face him would have been too much for him.  Like so many, his perpatrator is dead without facing justice.

This particular victim has an amazing story and is now a massive force for good in our community.  If you want to read his story its Prison Without Bars by Graham Swann.

What I find more shocking than Bristow's ignorant & offensive comments is the news that Chelsea football club paid hush money to someone in 2015 to cover up abuse.  2015!!!!! not 1975 or even 1995.  2015, when the extent of former child abuse in this country was well known.  Frankly they have broken every child protection rule in the book.  If they were an old peoples care home they would be shut down.  End of.  Frankly I think they should be thrown out of the league.

Outstanding post.

I have never met him but if you get the chance please pass my best to Graham Swann.

Seen a couple of his talks online and can identify with much of what he says regarding his struggles through life.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 06:11:06 AM »
Some of these has been "sport" personalities do anything to  keep their names in the headlines.
It's a wonder he hasn't been in the jungle eating grubs and pooh with all the other Saido has been losers.
Oh, he has hasn't he? :P