Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535162 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1125 on: November 05, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »
Even if it's not true these type clubs will now at the very least be monitoring him closely. There is a good chance he will repeat Bullays claim to fame later this month and then the interest will solidify.
What??
buy a donkey and start tatting ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1126 on: November 06, 2014, 06:54:38 AM »
If he keeps improving it's common sense the kid will move on.
It's obviously in the clubs interest to facilitate that improvement whilst hanging onto him as long as they can. I think to keep him grounded they need do more than cite Izzy Brown as an example of what happens when you play for the big boys.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1127 on: November 06, 2014, 08:50:11 AM »

The thing with the doom mongers on here is that they are constantly negative and stating dour things as fact. Time and time again it's shown up as being utter bull and no one says anything.

What you mean like on the Graham Dorrans thread where somebody said he almost always passes the ball to the opposition and i posted some cold, hard facts that proved this simply wasn't true and it just got completely ignored?! I actually don't mind the doom mongers, i fall kind of in the middle i think but when people say things JUST to be negative it winds me up.

Back to Saido - set to be picked for the full England squad today, should add a few more million to his price for when he eventually leaves? Tie him down to a longer contract and we can laugh all the way to the bank when he probably leaves this summer.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1128 on: November 06, 2014, 10:28:15 AM »
No way will the club sell in January, no chance whatsoever.  In my opinion. 
"This crack is really moreish."

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1129 on: November 06, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
Been called up to the England squad! Great news for him and albion!
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1130 on: November 06, 2014, 12:38:56 PM »
Superb news, pleased for him
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1131 on: November 06, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »
Its great for him to get the recognition for his form, quite frankly if you are the highest scoring English player in the league at the time you deserve the opportunity. With any luck he will get some game time but avoid injury.

thelawyer

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1132 on: November 06, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
If you had told me at the start of the millennium that a player brought through our academy and first team regular would be in the England team I would have ordered whatever you were drinking.

A proud day whatever your thoughts about international football these days.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1133 on: November 06, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
Well done Sadio fully derserved, a great day for this football club a double celebration too.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1134 on: November 06, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
Very pleased that Saido has made the England squad.  Hopefully he'll get some game time to show what he can do.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1135 on: November 06, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
Pleased for the lad.

Great day to be a baggie with the Bomber statue being unveiled and now news of Saido getting into the squad.

Might put my bet on now for him to score the winner aganist Scotland.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1136 on: November 06, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »
I am on record as saying I didn't think he had what it takes.

More than happy to be wrong!

Well done Saido lad, congratulations.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1137 on: November 06, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »
That's £10k added to his weekly wage, £5mill added to his eventual sale and a really huge well done to the Accademy staff.

A big day for Albion, one of our own in the England team. The days of the early-mid nineties are long gone aren't they!?!  :o 8) :P
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1138 on: November 06, 2014, 12:53:28 PM »
He'll be off now in January.

And for those who think Peace will wait, I have two words... Robert Earnshaw.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1139 on: November 06, 2014, 12:54:04 PM »
Fantastic for the lad, and credit to the academy. I bet Izzy Brown is gutted  ;D
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1140 on: November 06, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »
Hope he gets some decent game time in at least 1 of the games. However more important for him will be training and being around players like Rooney for a week an hopefully feeling like he belongs at that level.

Also as cynical as it sounds a goal against Slovenia and good performance against Scotland would stick another £5m on his value straight away.

It's becoming inevitable he will leave (I can't see him going in January unless we get really stupid money though) so lets enjoy him while we can. Great news for us as a club, and this will also hopefully help us keep hold of the current crop coming through. I know Berahino is a year or 2 older but  he is now odds on to be playing for England at the Euro's next summer whilst Brown, Dhanda and Sinclair will probably have 5 first team appearances between them for their new clubs.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1141 on: November 06, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »

Peace learns from his mistakes, not a chance in hell he will go in January, I'd put everything I've got on it.

Well done Saido, richly deserved.
"This crack is really moreish."

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1142 on: November 06, 2014, 01:01:38 PM »
Fantastic for the lad, and credit to the academy. I bet Izzy Brown is gutted  ;D

Had we not suffered injuries and dallied around in the transfer market last summer then I doubt Berahino would have got his chance. Fortunately he did and took it with both hands. If Brown was still with us he wouldn't have got much game time and would have been shipped out on loan by now IMO. We still seem reluctant to blood our youngsters.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1143 on: November 06, 2014, 01:12:35 PM »
Had we not suffered injuries and dallied around in the transfer market last summer then I doubt Berahino would have got his chance. Fortunately he did and took it with both hands. If Brown was still with us he wouldn't have got much game time and would have been shipped out on loan by now IMO. We still seem reluctant to blood our youngsters.

Don't really buy this argument. Brown was the second youngest player to ever play in the PL which doesn't suggest we are not willing to blood youngsters. Yes he could of potentially played a couple more games towards the back end of that season but he was involved in the first team squad and he was barely 16 years old.

Can anyone name a player over the past 10 years that came through the youth set up and didn't get a chance and has since gone on to prove that they were good enough?

Bob

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1144 on: November 06, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »
Peace learns from his mistakes, not a chance in hell he will go in January, I'd put everything I've got on it.

Selling Earnshaw wasn't a mistake.

Not replacing him was.

If Berahino keeps on doing well until January and someone offers stupid money then he'll be off. I sincerely hope he stays though

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1145 on: November 06, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »
Don't really buy this argument. Brown was the second youngest player to ever play in the PL which doesn't suggest we are not willing to blood youngsters. Yes he could of potentially played a couple more games towards the back end of that season but he was involved in the first team squad and he was barely 16 years old.

Can anyone name a player over the past 10 years that came through the youth set up and didn't get a chance and has since gone on to prove that they were good enough?

Again it was injuries that thrust Brown into the first team squad back at that time. He appeared on the bench on many occasions but only got something like 20 mins of playing time. I agree that we haven't really had anyone of note come through the ranks. Is this really down to the fact that the players are not deemed good enough or not had their chance? It would be interesting to see where Berahino would have been now had we signed a couple of decent strikers early last summer?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1146 on: November 06, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »

I bet you're a barrel of laughs on Christmas morning.

"It's all well and good being happy now, tomorrow will be different, no presents, two words...Boxing Day"
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1147 on: November 06, 2014, 02:18:51 PM »

Well, at least if he does go in January then we have got 2 months notice to line up a replacement.  Although finding a replacement with the same likelihood of scoring 15 PL goals is one hell of a challenge even if willing to spend £15m.

We really need to keep him till next summer if we are to minimise the relegation risk from losing him.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1148 on: November 06, 2014, 02:23:15 PM »
Very well deserved and it's fantastic to have a player come through our academy and get an England call up. Hope to see him start against Scotland.
the regime don't like it man

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1149 on: November 06, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
Why are people saying he will leave ,...he has got this far because if his place in our team....cant see the appeal of sitting on the bench at Liverpool or Chelsea...