Author Topic: 29 Sept 2018 Preston 2 Albion 3  (Read 36129 times)

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
 A good 3 points,how long we can sustain our luck is anyones guess,Bartley as already mentioned anyone could do a better job,Mears looked ok but it looked like we were playing with 2 right backs,maybe try mears at rightback as we need dawson to play centre half,foster would have saved their free kick too

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »

I don't rate Bartley at all but if you think he's bad you haven't seen Howkens play. The word donkey should have a picture of him underneath it in any good dictionary.

A good dictionary doesn't have pictures ;D

Another ugly win and one that takes us top so hard to be too critical. However, we look a shadow of ourselves away. Apart from the 2nd half at Norwich we've not looked comfortable at all and even then we gave away 2 stupid goals.

We missed Phillips yesterday and Mears wasn't the right solution, he's a defender and obviously wasn't comfortable getting forward in the first half. 2nd half I thought he was better but we missed the pace and creativity that Phillips brings.

Good assist from Livermore for the Rodriguez goal but I thought he was quite poor generally as was Barry.

We have to start being more cohesive away from home, whether that's a change of shape to a flat back 4 or different personnel within the back 3 I'm not sure but we can't continue being so sloppy. We'll certainly need to be a lot stronger against Wednesday on Wednesday.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2018, 12:59:47 PM »
We were very efficient I thought. Some of our movement and passing was much sharper in the second half and to tell the truth, Preston struggled to cope with it.

First half was pretty even. Preston looked a very, very poor side.

Good to see us scoring plenty of goals however.

Agree with comments on Bartley and Mears. Both very poor.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom