Author Topic: Our most controversial and troubled disruptive footballers  (Read 13485 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Saido berahino, the biggest of them all. Over the years in your time what footballer do you feel having played for the Albion would have been a bad influence at the club
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Our most controversial and troubled disruptive footballers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:00:04 AM »
Peter Odemwingie........great footballer and goalscorer and I loved him as a player. But he was a bad egg and had a screw loose when driving down to see old Arry.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:07 AM »
There were a few under Robson who weren't neccessarily bad influences but say, didn't have attitudes conducive to good performances on the pitch.

Peter Odemwingie........great footballer and goalscorer and I loved him as a player. But he was a bad egg and had a screw loose when driving down to see old Arry.

Don't know whether it's cause he was good or cause I just like the bloke as he seemed alright (having that fan round for dinner etc) but I can't help but think he was just poorly advised here. There is no way he drove down there of his own accord. The club can't have been totally innocent in all that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:02:47 AM by DaveWBA »

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:09:28 AM »
Surely has to be Lee Hughes?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 09:10:36 AM »
Surely has to be Lee Hughes?

was just about to post the same thing..certainly our most controversial.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17:02 AM »
what about Fabian de freitas
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:19:54 AM by WBAinDEVON »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:34 AM »
for the old uns Our Willie

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 09:32:30 AM »
Controverisal - Lee Hughes

Troubled - Berahino just shades Odemwingie for me

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »

He was far from a bad egg. If people knew the full story behind the QPR saga then maybe they would look at things differently. He is a very intelligent guy who made a big blunder driving to the ground that day. We've all made mistakes at some point.

Koumas as much as I loved watching him caused a few problems when refusing to play for us and going out to Cardiff.

We've also had incidents with Shane Nicholson, Bednar, Hoult and Haas over the years.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »
for the old uns Our Willie
Willie was a very naughty boy.  Someone once told me about meeting him in a pub somewhere in rural Scotland and the day began and ended with whisky.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 10:18:43 AM »
He was far from a bad egg. If people knew the full story behind the QPR saga then maybe they would look at things differently. He is a very intelligent guy who made a big blunder driving to the ground that day. We've all made mistakes at some point.

Koumas as much as I loved watching him caused a few problems when refusing to play for us and going out to Cardiff.

We've also had incidents with Shane Nicholson, Bednar, Hoult and Haas over the years.
I get really fed up with comments like this. How exactly do you know that there is a "full story"? I assume what you are suggesting is that there are facts that only you and a few other select people know which would throw a different light on the Odemwingie transfer saga, and would paint the player in a better light if only we knew them. In which case, it seems reasonable to ask how exactly you know this full story and why you aren't willing to share it with the rest of us. Not that I'm holding my breath for a reply.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 10:39:31 AM »
I get really fed up with comments like this. How exactly do you know that there is a "full story"? I assume what you are suggesting is that there are facts that only you and a few other select people know which would throw a different light on the Odemwingie transfer saga, and would paint the player in a better light if only we knew them. In which case, it seems reasonable to ask how exactly you know this full story and why you aren't willing to share it with the rest of us. Not that I'm holding my breath for a reply.

You've only got to read some of the things Odemwingie has come out with since to understand there were more contributing factors than some export strength Guinness behind his drive to QPR. In terms of being disruptive in the dressing room there have been far worse.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 10:43:59 AM »

From the man himself. He was told the move was going to happen and to get himself down to London. The big mistake he made was to go directly to the ground. The club couldn't get a deal done (We apparently moved the goalposts last minute) and the deal fell through.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:42 AM »
I agree if you look at all the things Odemwingie has said and whispers from people in the club he was stitched up big time by Ashworth and Peace, it was a done deal until they tried getting more (Hoilett) I think and it was pulled at the last second and Odemwingie was left high and dry and picking up the pieces.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
I'm surprised that anyone doesn't know the Odemwingie saga.

A done deal until,as sing on our own says, we tried to get Hoillet as part of the deal while Odemwingie was on his way down to the ground...Hoillet wasn't interested in coming to us and the deal fell through.

He even said goodbye to all the players, staff etc at the Hawthorns this has been reported many times....and never denied by the club.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 11:42:20 AM »
Lee Hughes without a doubt. followed by Bednar, Saido, Odemwingie, Johnstone, McClean.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »
QuenAnelka?
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »
Was Shane Nicholson an issue at all?

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 12:14:14 PM »
Was Shane Nicholson an issue at all?

Similar situation as Bednar if memory serves me correctly? It was around the time Nicholson was knocking off that Maxine bird from Corrie.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
If we're talking bad eggs then Nigel Quashie is up there. Utterly detestable person.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
Lee Hughes got (and still gets) a free ride from a lot of Albion fans because he was one of us. But when you look at the catalogue of incidents involving him, it doesn't make for very good reading.

*Causing death by dangerous driving, and then disappearing for a couple of days afterwards;

*Moving to Coventry for £5,000,001.00, when there was a clause in his contract for any offer over £5m. Somebody tipped them off;

*Whatever that incident was on the Waterfront when he 'had a fall'.

For a man who was supposedly living his dream, he certainly didn't act like it.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 01:31:09 PM »
I'm surprised that anyone doesn't know the Odemwingie saga.

A done deal until,as sing on our own says, we tried to get Hoillet as part of the deal while Odemwingie was on his way down to the ground...Hoillet wasn't interested in coming to us and the deal fell through.

He even said goodbye to all the players, staff etc at the Hawthorns this has been reported many times....and never denied by the club.

But too many people don't have a clue, believe Twitter and lack common sense to see past the bullsh*t media and make ther own version of the situation.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 01:59:16 PM »
wasnt Russel Hoult a bit naughty
and we had ridgewell with his toilet paper scandal 

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »
Not really troubled or disruptive but didnt we get Frank Sinclair on loan and in his first game he got sent off for head butting or pushing the ref over?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 02:53:59 PM »
Lee Hughes is the most controversial...has to be!

Bendar, Saido, Nicholson and Odemwingie also courted controversy

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts