Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 3205 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« on: April 09, 2024, 05:00:30 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday 27th April 2024 15.00pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 05:45:07 PM »
Not for me , been there 6 times and lost the lot , including a semi-final and one of Bomber's favourite moments.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 07:39:38 PM »
Not for me , been there 6 times and lost the lot , including a semi-final and one of Bomber's favourite moments.

You’re unlucky then Brian. You obviously weren’t there when we thrashed them 4-0 under Di Mateo. Now that was a good away day. :o

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 09:19:07 PM »
You’re unlucky then Brian. You obviously weren’t there when we thrashed them 4-0 under Di Mateo. Now that was a good away day. :o
I had forgotten that one Keith, but unfortunately missed it. Just as well i'm not going ! ;)
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 09:43:29 PM »
Only time I went, Jason Roberts scored the winner for us in a 1-0 I think

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 10:35:29 PM »
I had forgotten that one Keith, but unfortunately missed it. Just as well i'm not going ! ;)

Yes, I think it’s probably wise 😉

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 11:07:37 PM »

Thank you and most considerate. I just wish more Jonahs had followed your suit over the years. Nothing personal given you 'was there in 68' of course. COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 09:08:49 PM »
New stadium for me, looking forward to it.

I havent seen us win away since Jan 2020 and I go a handful a season, i just tend to choose the bad ones.

Hopefully my streak ends Saturday if if Hull draw midweek i'd take a point!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 08:10:44 AM »
New stadium for me, looking forward to it.

I havent seen us win away since Jan 2020 and I go a handful a season, i just tend to choose the bad ones.

Hopefully my streak ends Saturday if if Hull draw midweek i'd take a point!

There's always one, shakes head glumly to self.........

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2024, 10:12:05 AM »
Can’t believe I’m going to post this but based on his performances, Townsend should be dropped and replaced by Reach!  😱

The only other alternative would be Pipa who can play in both right and left back positions but, for some reason, CC doesn’t fancy him although he must be an improvement on Townsend.

Also, wasn’t impressed with M’Villa who seemed headstrong and a multiple yellow card candidate. Diangana was yet again poor - losing possession time and time again when he tried beat ten opponents rather than a simple obvious lay-off to a team colleague, plus, the most disappointing of all, the easy chances he missed were dreadful.

Not an easy choice for CC and I suspect he will name the same starting eleven injuries permitting.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 04:33:25 PM by TheBaggieMan »
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2024, 10:35:13 AM »
Can’t believe I’m going to post this but based on his performances, Townsend should be dropped and replaced by Reach! 

The only other alternative would be Pipa who can play in both right and left back positions but, for some reason, CC doesn’t fancy him although he must be an improvement on Townsend.

Also, wasn’t impressed with M’Villa who seemed headstrong and a multiple yellow card candidate. Diangana was yet again poor - losing possession time and time again when he tried beat ten opponents rather than a simple obvious lay-off to a team colleague, plus, the most disappointing of all, the easy chances he missed were dreadful.

Not an easy choice for CC and I suspect he will name the same starting eleven injuries permitting.

earlier in the season we switched to 5 at the back and played phillips at LWB, i thought we played excellent during that period and i'd like to see it again.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 10:45:52 AM »
Townsend cannot start for us again this season if we want to get promoted. Think everyone can see what I’ve said for a long time now; he’s terrible

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2024, 04:38:59 PM »
Just hope we play like yesterday against Leicester but put the chances away but with us you just never know  ;D ;D ;D

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 04:45:56 PM »
Sheffield have had a great result at Blackburn today. Just worry that they’ll be too determined for us at their place. They are really battling and I’m not convinced we have that sort of character in our team.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2024, 05:05:08 PM »
If Wednesday win it wont be good for Blues, never mind us, but I think we'll have enough in us to reach the play offs where we'll have a punchers chance at best imho
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2024, 05:31:32 PM »
Townsend cannot start for us again this season if we want to get promoted. Think everyone can see what I’ve said for a long time now; he’s terrible

I agree with this. He has had no real competition for as long as i can remember and i think that shows.
Smethwick..

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2024, 05:59:46 PM »
I agree with this. He has had no real competition for as long as i can remember and i think that shows.
Oh for a left wing back in the mould of the great Graham Williams who captained our side in the 1968 FA Cup winning final and the 1966 League Cup final.
‘I was there in 68’ will also remember him being a great leader along with being a hard tough defender.
West Brom 2023/24

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2024, 06:12:38 PM »
Amazing winning result for Wednesday today and just hope it isn’t the same for Wednesday on Wednesday!  Now out of the bottom three at the expense of Birmingham, their confidence will be sky high.
West Brom 2023/24

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2024, 12:31:22 PM »
Amazing winning result for Wednesday today and just hope it isn’t the same for Wednesday on Wednesday!  Now out of the bottom three at the expense of Birmingham, their confidence will be sky high.

Why  on Wednesday? We play them on Saturday.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2024, 12:56:35 PM »
Why  on Wednesday? We play them on Saturday.

Didn't like to say. I was playing the long game and waiting for a follow-up post up on Wednesday asking where everyone else is  :D .

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2024, 01:58:39 PM »
Palmer

Furlong   Ajayi   Kipre   Reach

M'Vila   Yokuslu   Mowatt

Fellows   Wallace   Johnston

Would be my choice for this one. Dominate the midfield again with those three as we did for large parts at the weekend and hope to take the chances this time against inferior opposition.

Townsend I have made my views known on previously and he is unselectable because he is so poor so it is a toss up between Reach and Pipa. Bartley seems to have reverted to his usual self instead of the inspired version he was prior to that injury so I would give Semi a run out and Fellows in for Diangana who was poor on Saturday and missed a couple of sitters.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2024, 02:06:37 PM »
Is Townsend responsible for all our faults? He wasn't the player that missed any of the 4/5 chances saturday, he didn't concede the penalty or leave the smallest player on the pitch to  have a free header for Leicesters second goal.
We know he isn't great but our faults are collectively not singular.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2024, 02:14:12 PM »
Is Townsend responsible for all our faults? He wasn't the player that missed any of the 4/5 chances saturday, he didn't concede the penalty or leave the smallest player on the pitch to  have a free header for Leicesters second goal.
We know he isn't great but our faults are collectively not singular.

Never claimed he is responsible for all our faults, he's just a particularly poor footballer and proves it week in week out. The second Leicester goal came about because of his shocking defending and he played their bloke on for the first goal by being in no mans land at the far post, yet again. Ergo, in my very humble opinion, he needs to be dropped.

As an aside, I was also advocating Diangana and Bartley missing out because of poor performance, but feel free to just focus on Townsend  ;)

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2024, 02:21:38 PM »
We really need to go in with some momentum look at what happened to Boro last season, think we need to win last 2 games. Obviously the job isn't done yet too

An early goal is key here, quite the crowd down

I've wanted Reach at LB for a while glad others getting on board I feel like he's better than Townsend defensively and going forward he is okay but Townsend isn't that good going forward so no loss at all

Furlong has deffo been most improved recently, Grady is inconsistent 1st half poor, 2nd half was much better 

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2024, 03:06:05 PM »
Boy, will they be up for this.  I watched their comeback against Norwich, I expect them them to really go for us physically.