Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129213 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #700 on: January 12, 2016, 04:07:58 PM »
I look forward to his purple patch
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #701 on: January 12, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
All strikers need confidence and if and when he does score then perhaps he may go on a good run. However regardless of how long he takes to settle I can't see his woeful first touch improving. His hold up play for me just isn't good enough as the ball rarely sticks to him.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #702 on: January 12, 2016, 04:29:59 PM »
And West Ham which was possibly less than 6 yards out

West ham was a header though it's his shooting that needs vast improvement; doesn't hit the target.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #703 on: January 12, 2016, 04:34:34 PM »
All strikers need confidence and if and when he does score then perhaps he may go on a good run. However regardless of how long he takes to settle I can't see his woeful first touch improving. His hold up play for me just isn't good enough as the ball rarely sticks to him.

I think if we improved our passing that'd help. Our passing is diabolical.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #704 on: January 12, 2016, 05:58:07 PM »
He needs to score asap for everyone's sake i dont care if it bounces of his rse but 3 goals isnt good enough and dont tell me he doesnt get chances 1 or 2 a game over 20 games he should do better than 3 come on.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #705 on: January 12, 2016, 06:24:46 PM »
Have said previous that i would play Rondon as he is a handful and may be his donkey work creates chances for others (almost like a Heskey type) but based on his finishing, we need somebody else to weigh in with goals whether its a striker partner or goalscoring midfielder because he doesnt look a goalscorer.

Unfortunately he seems to miss at least one very good chance every game, and when he is not scoring either of course questions will be asked about his finishing. His record at other clubs isnt too bad, is so hopefully its just a barren spell and once he gets one however it comes then the goals will roll, but the fact he isnt hitting the target is the worry and maybe he just isnt a good finisher.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #706 on: January 12, 2016, 09:15:22 PM »
And herein lies the problem with fans expectations

Not many players do come to England and settle in their first season, for me you have to give a foreign player at least a season to settle in.

There are some players that have come here and settled instantly but id go as far as saying 75% need at least a full season before they show us what they really can do

Agree partially but after 6 months of playing most games, (I accept that we don't create lots of chances,)but I am struggling to remember a shot on target
Is that too much to ask?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #707 on: January 12, 2016, 09:21:42 PM »
Let's all get on Rondons back now then shall we. The same old moaners always trying to encourage and back West Brom players. OK Rondon has missed 3 or 4 relatively easy (from the stands or the computer screen at least) chances. Those of us with enough WBA supporting history saw even The King and Bomber sometimes miss one or two they would normally expect to score. Every striker struggles at some time especially when they are not getting too many opportunities or have to run their gonads off trying to make things happen for the team.
Ok , but he will still run faster than Lambert  :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #708 on: January 12, 2016, 09:27:29 PM »
I agree it is a worry that I can't remember seeing him hit the target other than with a header. With that said we simply don't create enough from midfield, although we should expect our striker to score some goals we can't expect him to always score when he has just one half decent chance every other game.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #709 on: January 12, 2016, 09:44:23 PM »
I agree it is a worry that I can't remember seeing him hit the target other than with a header. With that said we simply don't create enough from midfield, although we should expect our striker to score some goals we can't expect him to always score when he has just one half decent chance every other game.

Volley against Bournemouth forced a great save. Ask Arsenal fans what they thought of Thierry in his first season  ;)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #710 on: January 12, 2016, 10:08:16 PM »
I think he'll come good especially if we keep playing more on the front foot as of late.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #711 on: January 13, 2016, 07:05:25 PM »
I said this when he was signed and I'll say it again: Rondon will not be his most effective with his back against the goal, out on an island, and definitely not spending most of his energy running around without the ball because he has to account for being the only man up front without a lot of support.

Rondon is a goal-scorer because he works hard inside and outside the box and as a result is often in scoring position, is a load to deal with because of his strength, and is very good in the air game. Read that description over. How many EPL teams would want someone like that? He's not going to get the ball 35-40 yards out and dribble past the back 4 and score. If you feed him, he'll score, he'll be ready. But what he's being asked to do at WBA? That's not going to result on a lot of goals. However, I've seen him have a positive impact on TP's gameplan even if he only has 3 goals so far.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #712 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
Unfortunately, he has got the ball in good positions in recent games and his shooting hasn't been good enough. Could just be low confidence.

He/him

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #713 on: January 14, 2016, 11:02:40 AM »
i thought we played much better with him on the pitch last night than off it

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #714 on: January 14, 2016, 11:15:48 AM »
I said this when he was signed and I'll say it again: Rondon will not be his most effective with his back against the goal, out on an island, and definitely not spending most of his energy running around without the ball because he has to account for being the only man up front without a lot of support.

Rondon is a goal-scorer because he works hard inside and outside the box and as a result is often in scoring position, is a load to deal with because of his strength, and is very good in the air game. Read that description over. How many EPL teams would want someone like that? He's not going to get the ball 35-40 yards out and dribble past the back 4 and score. If you feed him, he'll score, he'll be ready. But what he's being asked to do at WBA? That's not going to result on a lot of goals. However, I've seen him have a positive impact on TP's gameplan even if he only has 3 goals so far.
More to a modern strikers game than goals. Who cares who scores as long as we get the performances and results that we want.
He's adapting with every game and his attitude appears superb, does need to improve his finishing, but not that bothered about the lack of goals just now.
The other positive is that if he continues to contribute without scoring too many, he won't be poached by a bigger club. Stay under the radar Sal.  ;)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #715 on: January 14, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
More to a modern strikers game than goals. Who cares who scores as long as we get the performances and results that we want.
He's adapting with every game and his attitude appears superb, does need to improve his finishing, but not that bothered about the lack of goals just now.
The other positive is that if he continues to contribute without scoring too many, he won't be poached by a bigger club. Stay under the radar Sal.  ;)

I agree with this up to a point but if he had taken the chances against Spurs and Liverpool we may have had all 3 points, so his missing could be costing us points in that respect. I like him though and appreciate his effort and really hope the goals start to come for him.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #716 on: January 14, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »
I thought he was huge last night, his defensive contribution was massive.
Yes we want our CF scoring goals and he isn't, but if he is occupying 2 defenders and creating holes for the Midfield to exploit, so be it.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #717 on: January 14, 2016, 03:46:23 PM »
Much better last night and we lost a bit of impetus when he went off. He should be hitting the target though with his shot on the turn in the first half for me. He did the hard bit with a great dummy but the finish let him down again. Watching the stream last night he was the only Albion player in the picture many times. Just proves how little support he gets.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #718 on: January 14, 2016, 03:58:38 PM »
if rondon had scored 10=12 goals so far this season every club in the prem would be after him, think he will better as well

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #719 on: January 14, 2016, 04:14:21 PM »
if rondon had scored 10=12 goals so far this season every club in the prem would be after him, think he will better as well
I think he will be better next season especially if we play to him.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #720 on: January 17, 2016, 08:38:53 PM »
Every game i look at him and think he's going to start scoring soon ....... :'(

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #721 on: January 17, 2016, 09:22:24 PM »
I think he will be better next season especially if we play to him.

That's what I'm consoling myself with as well
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #722 on: January 19, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
Brown Idye instead anyone?
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #723 on: January 19, 2016, 09:38:02 AM »
No.

Ideye has done nothing in his career.

Rondon has scored goals in Russia & at international level, he will come good. Not his fault our midfielders are clowns.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #724 on: January 19, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »
Brown Idye instead anyone?

Can't be serious?
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!