Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123479 times)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #600 on: November 29, 2015, 04:35:27 PM »
His biggest mistake was getting it on target.  ;)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #601 on: November 29, 2015, 04:56:54 PM »
Bad miss but overall he led the line well. Much improved when Lambert came on. He needs service!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: November 29, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »
Much like Berahino in recent weeks.  Rondon has got to score that header. Aside from that he lead the line well.

He got a solid connection and the goalkeeper did well to make himself big.

If he put those squarely in the corner every time he'd have cost 3 times more and he'd be playing for Chelsea.

I'm ahppy with him. Mozza should have scored and that would have been his 4th assist also. He's doing well, not great, but well.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: November 29, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
He should have scored but I think he played not bad today.
The PRIDE of midlands

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #604 on: November 29, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
Didn't stop running and played pretty well overall. Should have buried the header but I'm not going to crucify him for it as he made good contact and hit the target. Also great effort in the first half that was only 6 inches wide.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #605 on: November 29, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »
Bad miss , good game and much better with the physical battle today.
Settlimg in now.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #606 on: November 29, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »
I thought he worked hard today, linked up play nicely and was unlucky not to score and set one up. Good effort.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »
Bad miss , good game and much better with the physical battle today.
Settlimg in now.
It was a bad miss, a good, confident striker would have gone back across goal and given the keeper no chance.
His shot in the 1st half was a screamer though and had the keeper beat. Would like to see him have a pop more often.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »
The jury is still out for me. Yes he works hard and has good movement but he's had one or two chances since he's been here that a decent striker should bury. He looks very cumbersome at times. The ball doesn't stick to him often enough for my liking either. He needs better support from midfield and a quick striker alongside him. Had Lambert or dare I say Anichebe had as many minutes on the pitch as him this season they would have matched his goal return.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2015, 04:02:09 PM »
The jury is still out for me. Yes he works hard and has good movement but he's had one or two chances since he's been here that a decent striker should bury. He looks very cumbersome at times. The ball doesn't stick to him often enough for my liking either. He needs better support from midfield and a quick striker alongside him. Had Lambert or dare I say Anichebe had as many minutes on the pitch as him this season they would have matched his goal return.

Yeah, it is slightly worrying. May prove us wrong.

But lack of support is irrelevant when it comes to clear cut chances and that's two golden chances he's missed now. As someone else said, if Saido had have missed those chances, all hell would've broken loose on here.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #610 on: November 30, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »

But lack of support is irrelevant when it comes to clear cut chances and that's two golden chances he's missed now. As someone else said, if Saido had have missed those chances, all hell would've broken loose on here.

Rondon didn't "miss" that chance, it was on target and hard, it was saved. You simply can't compare that to the Saido miss where he totally bottled it.

Given our style I doubt a forward will get more than 12 league goals for us in a year. Lambert is fully capable, he does need to lose a stone though. Vic however needs shipping out ASAP, I'd rather give a youth team player his place.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #611 on: November 30, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »
Rondon didn't "miss" that chance, it was on target and hard, it was saved. You simply can't compare that to the Saido miss where he totally bottled it.

Given our style I doubt a forward will get more than 12 league goals for us in a year. Lambert is fully capable, he does need to lose a stone though. Vic however needs shipping out ASAP, I'd rather give a youth team player his place.

Nabi when he comes back from India? Its this month isn't it?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #612 on: November 30, 2015, 11:34:59 PM »
I think we need to give him the rest of the season to 'aclimatise' then hope he kicks on next season with some potential providers bought in
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

garlic_naan

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #613 on: December 01, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »
Nabi when he comes back from India? Its this month isn't it?

Nabi has barely featured in India. Considering the standard out there is awful-this says a lot about him. He will not have a future at this football club, or indeed at any top flight club.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #614 on: December 01, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »

No striker scores every chance though, the trouble we have is that chances are very few and far between, so misses are accentuated.
Anyone know his conversion rate, chances to goals and how it compares to others?

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #615 on: December 01, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »
Part of the problem is that Rondon is playing in a very defensive team and is a decent striker, but maybe not at the same level as an Odemwingie/Lukaku or even a thin and up for it Saido.

Although most fans know these two aspects and in theory allow for them, they then judge Rondon without allowing for those factors.

No one short of a truely world class talent would score 15+ goals a season in this team. We dont create enough and some of the forward passing is utterly awful. The Jonas "passing" to Rondon in the first half against West Ham was 20 foot too high and 40 foot too forward. It was just blind hoofing.

Dorrans17

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #616 on: December 01, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »
I really really rate this guy, enjoy the way he plays and puts himself about. Need to play him up top with Saido.

Bing boing
Baggie

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #617 on: December 01, 2015, 09:25:39 PM »
West Brom striker Salomon Rondon has led a revolt against the Venezuela Football Federation, after their team's shocking start to World Cup qualifying.
Venezuela, the only South American country never to reach the World Cup, have ended the year bottom of the 10-nation group without a point after four matches, sparking speculation that coach Noel Sanvicente would resign.
And several core players, including Rondon, have now threatened to quit unless their federation's (FVF) directors resign

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3341065/Salomon-Rondon-leads-Venezuela-revolt-players-call-FVF-directors-resign.html#ixzz3t4oa0Q7D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #618 on: December 01, 2015, 09:28:39 PM »
I'm not 100% sure about him yet.  What I like a lot about him is that he works hard for the team and never shirks a challenge.  His movement is excellent. 

What I'd like to see an improvement on is him taking up better positions in the box.  His finishing isn't great either but he needs more chances creating for him.  I don't think he is an out and out goal scorer.  More Shane Long than Odemwingie but that's not a bad thing as I was a big fan of Long.  What it means is the midfield need to chip in with more goals something only Morrison is doing a the moment.

I'd like to see a winger signed in January.  Someone who can score goals and create.  Neither Sess or McClean are pulling their weight in terms of creating or scoring.

Baggie953

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #619 on: December 02, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »
I like what I've seen so far, he comes across as a very personable player.

I wonder if he had known how isolated he would be playing whether he would have come to the Albion in the first place.

Albion are not the sort of team to create many goal scoring opportunities nor are we the sort of club to be blessed with a striker who puts away 50% of his chances. It is therefore unlikely (not impossible) he will score unless he has 2 or 3 good chances in a game.

We need to work on delivering better balls to the forward line to give the incumbent (Ricky, Sado or Rondondon) a fighting chance.

Like any striker he will improve as his confidence grows but I would stick with him for now that's for sure.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #620 on: December 02, 2015, 01:19:50 PM »
I think we will see him and Lambert in a 4-4-2 on Saturday. It should suit the 2 of them, but not sure how it will work for the team. It could go really well, with them both notching, or could go horribly wrong and we get tonked.
Personally, if it's a choice between this and bringing Gardner in to replace Claudio, then I hope Pulis gives it a go.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #621 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »
4-4-2 may work due to Yacob being suspended, it relies heavily on Brunt playing in midfield though imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: December 02, 2015, 02:32:07 PM »
4-4-2 may work due to Yacob being suspended, it relies heavily on Brunt playing in midfield though imo.
Where would you play Brunt on the left or central? If left, who are the other 3?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #623 on: December 02, 2015, 02:36:30 PM »
got to be out wide, but, for me if he is not at LB he don't play!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #624 on: December 02, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »
A 4 man midfield of Morrison Fletcher Sess and McClean is too weak. Add in Gardner for Sess and it's awful. Brunt on the right cutting inside.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.