Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123463 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2015, 09:24:18 AM »
Is this definitely a done deal? Pulis talking about Saido and Lambert in today's mail, without a single mention for Rondon? In fact there's not a mention anywhere.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
Is this definitely a done deal? Pulis talking about Saido and Lambert in today's mail, without a single mention for Rondon? In fact there's not a mention anywhere.

Everyone who I would normally trust with Baggies news says so. Remember that Pulis would be talking about the Man City game and Rondon will obviously not feature regardless so the focus will be on Lambert and Berahino who will.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2015, 10:01:57 AM »
Everyone who I would normally trust with Baggies news says so. Remember that Pulis would be talking about the Man City game and Rondon will obviously not feature regardless so the focus will be on Lambert and Berahino who will.
Nice one, cheers.
Couldn't believe it when I heard on Saturday, thought it was a wind up, this bloke is top notch.
Bit of a risk, as he's never played in the Prem, but he looks made for it! Real coup if we get him in, shame he can't play tonight, might have ruffled their feathers!
Not sure how Lambert will feel though.

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2015, 10:02:06 AM »
Has more bullsh?? prevailed?

If jp had spent his pr men would be hiring planes with banners to fly around the midlands to spread the news in order to sell last minute seasons tickets and match tickets for the city game and his "half time" welcome.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »
Has more bullsh?? prevailed?

If jp had spent his pr men would be hiring planes with banners to fly around the midlands to spread the news in order to sell last minute seasons tickets and match tickets for the city game and his "half time" welcome.

getting a bit pathetic isn't it  >:(

It will be announced when it is finalised...  or not..

no conspiracy other than in a few deluded peoples heads
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »
The deal is done is pretty much our player. He is a major big player in Venezuela and the club know this. They are waiting for Venezuela to be live to the news.  Announcement may still happen today wehave nothing to fear he is a baggie.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2015, 10:44:36 AM »
The deal is done is pretty much our player. He is a major big player in Venezuela and the club know this. They are waiting for Venezuela to be live to the news.  Announcement may still happen today wehave nothing to fear he is a baggie.

I am sure that is the reason...   ???

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: August 10, 2015, 10:51:02 AM »
I am sure that is the reason...   ???

It actually is that's what I'm told. I'm guessing the club is thinking of publicity overseas shirt sales etc.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2015, 11:07:26 AM »
It actually is that's what I'm told. I'm guessing the club is thinking of publicity overseas shirt sales etc.
I'd imagine it's more down the the time difference as opposed to an attempt to gain publicity. We need international clearance which presumably has to be granted by some form of authority in Venezuela. They are 5 hours behind so if you assuming they have normal working hours no one will be at work until about mid afternoon time here.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2015, 11:12:30 AM »

Maybe he wan't to tell his Mum first and she is in South America?  ;D
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2015, 11:16:22 AM »
Must admit I have been refreshing everything every 5 mins as I'm so excited about this potential signing!

From the sounds of the ITK posts it is a done deal and I do trust them, but I will be forever paranoid until I see him holding a shirt on the club website!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »
I wonder if they will announce it on the day of a big home game, it might prove to be a distraction for everyone that may have an adverse effect.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #337 on: August 10, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »
I wonder if they will announce it on the day of a big home game, it might prove to be a distraction for everyone that may have an adverse effect.

From what people have been saying, he's trained with the first team on Saturday, and I believe Friday too, so the players won't care. And I doubt it will distract the fans - heck, we'll probably be in a better mood because of it!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #338 on: August 10, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »

I tend to take the contrary view, announce this before kick off, get the crowd up and loud?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #339 on: August 10, 2015, 11:26:06 AM »
Twitter/Mirror sport reporting he has signed a five year deal on around £50,000 a week and just waiting International clearance to rubber stamp the move.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-6225685

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #340 on: August 10, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »
Just to let you all know I've been told that there's a good chance they may introduce him to the crowd tonight.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:35:29 AM by baggie38 »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2015, 11:29:57 AM »
Just to let you all know I've been told that there's a good chance they may introduce him to the crows tonight.

i hope they dont stone them :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »
Twitter/Mirror sport reporting he has signed a five year deal on around £50,000 a week and just waiting International clearance to rubber stamp the move.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-6225685
Hoping it will go official, until then there is always a potential snag  :-[

Savvas78

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »
Just to let you all know I've been told that there's a good chance they may introduce him to the crows tonight.

A big welcome to the newest recruit of the Night's Watch... Ser Salomon!
We've gone on holiday by mistake!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2015, 12:00:41 PM »
I, like a few others on here, am not exactly familiar with him. It is exciting though judging from his record at Malaga and in Russia and his general playing manner and style. I do really hope though that this doesn't mean reduced game time for Lambert as I think without doubt Lambert is the best natural finisher we have available to us. If Saido does stay, which personally I think he will until at least January, then I would hope that TP will find a way to play Saido just behind a front two of Lambert and Rondon. With two wingers too, I know this will leave us with a very attacking line up so it would need Yacob and Gardner/Morrison to play a very disciplined holding role. I'm a firm believer that the best form of defence is attack so I hope this is the way Pulis goes.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »
Lambert , rondon and berahino with 2 wingers makes 5 offensive players . 2 in midfield makes 7 . 3 in defence I don't think so .

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2015, 12:15:35 PM »
I think its a case of Saido plus one of Lambert / Rondon at home

Away from home, any ones guess, likely dependant on oppo.

Vic / Ideye will have to get used to more warming the bench / cup games IMO.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2015, 12:31:26 PM »
Lambert , rondon and berahino with 2 wingers makes 5 offensive players . 2 in midfield makes 7 . 3 in defence I don't think so .

Whatever the formation, with Rondon appearing to be and Lambert to a lesser extent both somewhat target men, Berahino would be more effective playing slightly off them. I'd hate to see Lambert missing out because his signing has given me more confidence than any other, including Rondon.

easyrider

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
competition for places should make it very interesting i think.

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »
It's done, just be patient. We'll all know by the game tonight so just concentrate on that for a few hours