Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129262 times)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #300 on: August 09, 2015, 01:21:28 PM »
Don't get my apprehension regards the rondon signing as negativity.

But, look at our prvious record breakers Valero and Brown, great elsewhere average at best with us .

But, if he signs i hope be bangs in dozens and dozens of goals.

I'll be there to welcome him tomorrow night and at watford to see him come off the bench to get the winner.

Valero was played out of position, and Ideye looked quality after January. I hope Brown stays as I think he could have a good season as he seems to have settled now. Not fair to judge a player on his first season, Henry struggled in his first season and look how that one turned out in the end.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #301 on: August 09, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »
I've never bloody heard of him  ;D

Is he the long term replacement for Saido Berahino?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #302 on: August 09, 2015, 01:31:23 PM »

No mate someone to partner Saido Berahinio.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #303 on: August 09, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »

That's just pure guess work.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »

Key word being long term.

I cannot see Saido Berahino being here next season.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »

He (Rondon) isn't quick, though not slow either, and while he is a good finisher he isn't what you'd call a poacher.

His main attribute is his strength. He's a target man. Don't know what he's like in the air but I'd assume he's half decent.

If we're letting Berahino go and getting Rondon in, then it's going be a lot of "HOOF!" this season :-\

As for this:

No mate someone to partner Saido Berahino.

That is how I view the move. The only person that could partner Rondon, other than Saido, would be Ideye, and I think most would say that Ideye shouldn't be a front-line striker for us.

As Foster #1 says, it is guesswork. Berahino might leave, which would not be good. Or Pulis might want to play one up front, and Rondon would do well in that role.

We won't know about Saido until the window shuts, or maybe as soon as tomorrow. We won't know about Rondon until we see him play.

He/him

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »
He is pretty quick, agree about the finishing though although he has improved a lot.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2015, 03:08:14 PM »
That's just pure guess work.

How? That's how things are. The club are yet to receive any bids for berahinio. I very much doubt he will be sold this summer.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
How? That's how things are. The club are yet to receive any bids for berahinio. I very much doubt he will be sold this summer.

I agree! What people seem to be suggesting is that we've brought the guy to replace Saido. But we've already stated publicly we've not even had a bid in. So do people really think we've spent £13-15mill on a gamble?

Saido will be here till Jan I think. He might go then, having got 15 games and 8 goals or so.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »

£15m (if it is that, which it probably isn't anywhere near) - Austin is available for that. Another Brown Ideye on our hands if he was that good he wouldn't be coming to us.

Not convinced with this, but hopeful.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2015, 08:45:46 PM »
£15m (if it is that, which it probably isn't anywhere near) - Austin is available for that. Another Brown Ideye on our hands if he was that good he wouldn't be coming to us.

Not convinced with this, but hopeful.

Is Austin really available for that?

I don't think there is much chance of Austin coming here when you consider he is courted by numerous clubs in this division with resources greater than ours. I would imagine the longer the window drags on a bidding war will commence therefore enhancing the figures somewhat. Hasn't he asked for wages demands north of £60,000 a week?

I know nothing about Salomon Rondon but his record appears very, very good.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2015, 09:00:14 PM »
Signing of the summer if we pull it off. Has better than 1 in 2.5 games in la liga and has scored 13 in 22 games in the Europa league. Crazy stats!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #312 on: August 09, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
I see most seem pretty excited by the potential signing of Rondon. I know nothing about him myself. What makes him different to Ideye? They both have very similar experience and almost identical goalscoring records.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2015, 09:09:04 PM »
I see most seem pretty excited by the potential signing of Rondon. I know nothing about him myself. What makes him different to Ideye? They both have very similar experience and almost identical goalscoring records.

Rondon was tearing up la liga when he was there and was probably one of the biggest prospects at the time. Gone to Russia which is a much better standard than Ukraine and has a one in 2 scoring record. Also regularly scoring in Europa and has a one in 3 scoring record at international level. Much better pedigree that ideye. Rondon also is constantly mentioned in the same bracket as bacca, benteke etc in reports of targets for top teams. Miles too good for us and if he plays to his potential then he will be one of the best players had in the last 30 years.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
Will people get this straight that we cannot have Austin for the same price unless Austin wants to join us and we would have phoned his agent to find where we stood along with half of the clubs in the Division therefore I think you know what the answer was to that one.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2015, 09:39:40 PM »
Brown quality was in abundance at villa park when he missed that sitter that changed the game.

This is wba fc not arsenal record signing have to hit the ground running.

When Henry was bought for for 11m from juve i think he was winger and wenger converted him into striker.

That's totally different from brown's situation.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2015, 09:40:17 PM »
Austin a one.season wonder who I would not touch with a barge pole

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #317 on: August 09, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »
Austin a one.season wonder who I would not touch with a barge pole
I agree.  Austin is overrated.  The only team he looked good against was err us!

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »
Exciting times and a proud day for us all when he is unveiled tomorrow. Looking at striking options, Rondon, Saido, Lambert and one other (brown, victor or a new signing) will give us potentially one of he best strike forces in the league.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2015, 10:34:21 PM »
Willie Johnston never hit the ground running. As i recall his first season with us was pretty mediocre. I expect to see an improved Ideye this season providing we keep him.

As for Rondon, he too may take time to adjust,but i for one am excited about this signing.

We have too many fans today who have no patience with players and are quick to jump on their backs, even before they have actually kicked a ball.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
Exciting times and a proud day for us all when he is unveiled tomorrow. Looking at striking options, Rondon, Saido, Lambert and one other (brown, victor or a new signing) will give us potentially one of he best strike forces in the league.

Has the potential to be one of the best set of attacking options outside the top 6 defiantly.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2015, 10:55:51 PM »
Shirt Number 21

So a Club Legend can be replaced by a new one  ;D
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2015, 10:56:04 PM »
Good post. This is the hardest league in the world to play in and some take time to settle, others like Odemwingie got a goal in his first game and then hit the ground running.  At least we are filled with optimism, hopefully that will be the case come 1st Sept too

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2015, 11:18:15 PM »
Agree, I don't agree with all this talk of Saido must be on his way out if we're signing this or that player. We all know in order to sell a player we must first have a bid on the table from a club and thus far there have not been any. So even IF the club wanted to sell him to balance the books it's not going to happen if no clubs show interest much less put a bid in and we know when or even if that bid does come if it is not the price JP wants it won't won't be excepted anyway!!

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2015, 11:24:07 PM »
Just hope all the chat and speculation doesn't have a negative impact on him. Hopefully he will be excited by his new strike partner and Lambert may have a word