Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 779321 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #2100 on: September 27, 2016, 07:37:18 PM »
Gone, Southgate offered role on a temporary basis...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2101 on: September 27, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »
Gone. Southgate for the short term
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2102 on: September 27, 2016, 07:52:01 PM »
FA confirm by mutual consent,another FA whitewash

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2103 on: September 27, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »
I'm sticking £10 on Bruce to be made manager .. Which would be a disaster.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2104 on: September 27, 2016, 08:02:32 PM »
I'm sticking £10 on Bruce to be made manager .. Which would be a disaster.

Might prevent him from getting our job though.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2105 on: September 27, 2016, 08:19:12 PM »
Talksport full of numpties wanting Rednapp as Manager..

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2106 on: September 27, 2016, 08:21:12 PM »
I feel desperately sorry for Allardyce, naive yes,certainly let his guard down, but straight talking and honest and certainly not guilty of anything other than probably 80-90% of people in similar positions in the game are guilty of. Where there is seriously big money at stake then corruption is everywhere, regardless of the sport or industry in question. Fine, get rid of corrupt/potentially corrupt individuals but then f**k SKY off and all the TV money, f**k off the obscene wages and millionaire players and we might have an honest game again. Until then we have to accept that this is the nature of our once great sport and that these revelations are not in the slightest bit unexpected.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2107 on: September 27, 2016, 08:28:07 PM »
Not shocked really, he has made a right mess of this for himself.

Heres a link anyway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37483344

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2108 on: September 27, 2016, 08:29:13 PM »
I feel desperately sorry for Allardyce, naive yes,certainly let his guard down, but straight talking and honest and certainly not guilty of anything other than probably 80-90% of people in similar positions in the game are guilty of. Where there is seriously big money at stake then corruption is everywhere, regardless of the sport or industry in question. Fine, get rid of corrupt/potentially corrupt individuals but then f**k SKY off and all the TV money, f**k off the obscene wages and millionaire players and we might have an honest game again. Until then we have to accept that this is the nature of our once great sport and that these revelations are not in the slightest bit unexpected.
Why feel sorry for him? He should have learned his lesson ten years ago along with his son in the panarama bribes/ bungs scandal,some folk never learn because of GREED

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #2109 on: September 27, 2016, 08:32:00 PM »
Spot on its hardly the first time is it.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2110 on: September 27, 2016, 08:35:30 PM »
Think that will possibly end his managerial career now...

Absolutely no credibility for him now whatsoever

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2111 on: September 27, 2016, 08:39:52 PM »
Why feel sorry for him? He should have learned his lesson ten years ago along with his son in the panarama bribes/ bungs scandal,some folk never learn because of GREED

He isn't the only one though is he. He is probably in the MAJORITY! Yes, as position as England manager that makes his position untenable I suppose, but like I say, there are probably a large number of managers at the higher levels of the game who are taking full advantage of the money flying around in the game in this era. Where there is serious wealth in a particular sport/game/industry, there will ALWAYS be greed and ALWAYS be corruption. That's the nature of the beast that the game in the SKY generation has created.

Galahad

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2112 on: September 27, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »
Could be very guilty of putting two + two together........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37489071

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2113 on: September 27, 2016, 08:58:23 PM »
Could be very guilty of putting two + two together........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37489071

Tweeted CL earlier, he thinks if there was a connection with Pearson and the Telegraph the other journo's would have been all over it by now.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2114 on: September 27, 2016, 09:02:31 PM »
 It has been reported he Pearson has had a big bust up with the owner/chairman, dont think its been reported what it was over, seems slightly strange they have just suspended him and not straight out sackrd him
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2115 on: September 27, 2016, 09:23:18 PM »
Does this mean the Eric Cantona video campaign is game on again?  ;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2116 on: September 27, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »
He isn't the only one though is he. He is probably in the MAJORITY! Yes, as position as England manager that makes his position untenable I suppose, but like I say, there are probably a large number of managers at the higher levels of the game who are taking full advantage of the money flying around in the game in this era. Where there is serious wealth in a particular sport/game/industry, there will ALWAYS be greed and ALWAYS be corruption. That's the nature of the beast that the game in the SKY generation has created.
Never said that he's the only one,but I did say he had previous.other big name coaches must be bricking it ATM as the telegraph have others to out

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2117 on: September 27, 2016, 09:29:20 PM »

Sky didn't create anything that wasn't already there. Allardyce is in the classic vain of English dodgy dealer managers. They've always been around. If anything you'd think the money they get these days would negate the need for corruption. The guys given away his dream job for what is for him a fairly trivial amount of money.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2118 on: September 27, 2016, 09:31:51 PM »
Never said that he's the only one,but I did say he had previous.other big name coaches must be bricking it ATM as the telegraph have others to out

Absolutely, which could seriously reduce the shortlist for the next manager! My guess is that only someone like Southgate or Hoddle, due to the fact of having been out of the club managerial game for some time, would be squeaky clean enough in the respect of bungs and corruption to satisfy the FA. As sorry a state of affairs as it is, I can't imagine there are too many top coaches who have NOT received some form of financial incentive/bung over multi-million pound transfer deals.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2119 on: September 27, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
Sky didn't create anything that wasn't already there. Allardyce is in the classic vain of English dodgy dealer managers. They've always been around. If anything you'd think the money they get these days would negate the need for corruption. The guys given away his dream job for what is for him a fairly trivial amount of money.

Fair point. I suppose greed is quite addictive though, especially as these type of 'sweeteners' are more than likely common practice and on a plate.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2120 on: September 27, 2016, 10:26:56 PM »
Telegraph have withheld the 8 names for tonight/tomorrow at least...

Curious.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2121 on: September 27, 2016, 10:48:30 PM »
And as a reminder - if those names do not have any connection with the national team then they will need a new thread

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2122 on: September 27, 2016, 10:50:00 PM »
There is no way that someone in his position should be sitting down with some random "business men" to talk about "consultancy". It is simple he employs an agent they talk if there is some basis for a deal heads of agreement are drafted submitted to the FA for approval. If they are happy go ahead if not thanks but no thanks.

It is that bloody simple but of course there is always the possibility that the FA might say no and bang goes the £400k. So off team Allardyce goes out for a little chat but even then Sam could have been a little less forthcoming rather than running his mouth like  a half drunk sales manager  in a Holiday Inn bar.

It is debatable as to what is greater the man's stupidity or his greed.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2123 on: September 27, 2016, 10:53:44 PM »
And as a reminder - if those names do not have any connection with the national team then they will need a new thread

Of course, but as it was a case of "no news" I couldn't be bothered starting one  ;D

Loughborough Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2124 on: September 27, 2016, 11:13:50 PM »
You are right about Human nature and greed but Alladyce makes me 100% sick.  He did this as England manager on a contract of £3m.  For over the last decade I have given freely of my time to coach junior players in local clubs.  I deserve better.  Many many others do the same week in week out.  They deserve better.  Local FA officials work hard with us to improve the game.  They deserve better.  An incredibly stupid, selfish & arrogant act by Alladyce.