Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 773116 times)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #2125 on: August 27, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
We must move to sign cover. Myhill is not good enough for any length of time and Daniels didn't fill me with confidence in his 12 minutes on Saturday.

What did Daniels do in twelve minutes that was so terrible? He looked ok to me.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2126 on: August 27, 2013, 03:55:17 PM »
What did Daniels do in twelve minutes that was so terrible? He looked ok to me.

I agree, Daniels did fine I think. I was impressed by his save to the slight deflection off Ridgewell.

We can't go buying another keeper for the want of Ben being out for three months. If it was a season then maybe. But Boaz is ok and Luke may even step in as number 1. He does has over 100 league appearances don't forget.

Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2127 on: August 27, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
We must move to sign cover. Myhill is not good enough for any length of time and Daniels didn't fill me with confidence in his 12 minutes on Saturday.
This has to be a wind up!  ???

He made a cracking save from a deflection as well! Rushed out to clear a dangerous attack within 2 minutes of him coming on. He may be young and he may not be Foster but he is decent! I would be happy with him as cover for Foster regularly!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2128 on: August 27, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
Lets hope Myhill can replicate some of the form he showed when he stepped in last season, during one of our best spells I believe??

Hopefully this Foster injury isn't one that lingers on and on......

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2129 on: August 27, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »
The 9 games are below, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea are away games that would be absolute bonuses even with Foster in goal so really we are talking 6 games of which all are very winnable with either back up keeper in goal, no need for loans or freebie has beens IMO

Swansea
Fulham
Sunderland
Man Utd
Arsenal
Stoke
Liverpool
Palace
Chelsea
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2130 on: August 27, 2013, 04:43:47 PM »
Lets hope the fans get behind the keeper, which ever one it is and the boo boys stay in their box, although I doubt if they will. :-X
Baggie in Southampton

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2131 on: August 27, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
Myhill is a brilliant back up goalkeeper for a team like ours, he's easily the best you'll find. Even the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea have what I would say are comfortably weaker back up keepers (Turnbull and Brad Jones, both disasters waiting to happen), Myhill is a decent player who's obviously not as good as Foster but no one who is as good will be happy to sit on our bench!

Goalkeeper is just a position where unless you have a particularly good young player coming through (who will want first team football soon enough) you have to accept there will almost always be a drop off in quality with the backup as obviously there's very little opportunity for the back up keeper compared to other positions. Myhill is a perfectly capable keeper, solid in his performances, I can't recall him actually costing us anything in the games he's played, and he seems happy to be here. He was also apparently excellent for Wales against Ireland the other week (the reason they got a draw) so he comes into our games in something like good form as well.

And as for the poster writing off Daniels after 12 minutes, the mind boggles.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:47:48 PM by Dan »

rons

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2132 on: August 27, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
yeah, buts its the same bloke  who has written Dorrans off regardless of how well he plays

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2133 on: August 27, 2013, 11:34:35 PM »
9 games out is only one more than a Suarez ban!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2134 on: August 27, 2013, 11:44:45 PM »
. Daniels pulled off a great one on one save this eve against Newport early on in the match Give him a chance How can you say he fills you with no confidence is beyond me  8)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2135 on: August 28, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
Massive loss, clear he is a class or three above Myhill.

In support of Daniels he appears to have bulked up a little since the last time I saw him play but I do have my concerns about his command of his area. I would be happy to see Daniels given a few games to see how he gets on, we won't sign cover I'm sure of that.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2136 on: August 28, 2013, 10:09:36 AM »
Daniels after waiting 8 years deserves a chance. He joined as part of the kuszach deal didnt he?

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2137 on: August 28, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
Give the shirt to Daniels, if not whats the point him being here
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2138 on: August 28, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
Give the shirt to Daniels, if not whats the point him being here
Exactly

JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2139 on: August 28, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »
Daniels is the man in possesion of the shirt as far as I'm concered. Give him a run of games and only take him out if he starts to struggle.
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2140 on: August 28, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
Daniels after waiting 8 years deserves a chance. He joined as part of the kuszach deal didnt he?

No - that was Luke Steele (along with Paul McShane). Daniels was on our books before even then (since 2004). He has been a pro for 8 years, but was on youth terms prior to that.
Twitter: @floydy1983

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2141 on: August 28, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »
I wouldn't want him. Makes far too many mistakes, his kicking is poor and we don't need a great shot stopper.

Now he's England's number 1 :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2142 on: August 28, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
I haven't written him off... I said he doesn't fill me with confidence long term. When he's 30 he may be an excellent keeper. Re Everton he let a cross deceive him and nearly drop in, it hit the bar. The save from the Ridgwell deflection was going wide. Made one good save with his legs last night but looked far from comfortable on crosses. He constantly kicked the ball back to a league 2 side conceding possession at every turn. If you're happy with that in a period of the season that contains our most winnable games then that is your perogative.

:-*
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2143 on: August 28, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
I haven't written him off... I said he doesn't fill me with confidence long term. When he's 30 he may be an excellent keeper. Re Everton he let a cross deceive him and nearly drop in, it hit the bar. The save from the Ridgwell deflection was going wide. Made one good save with his legs last night but looked far from comfortable on crosses. He constantly kicked the ball back to a league 2 side conceding possession at every turn. If you're happy with that in a period of the season that contains our most winnable games then that is your perogative.

In. Fairness it could have been a bit of nerves, I said previously foster was also quite bad v Southampton.
You would hope that if we have kept him for over 8 years he should be ok?
Additionally you could say he is less risk in more winnable games?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2144 on: August 28, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »

Come on Jacko, I thought you were better then that  :o
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2145 on: August 28, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »
If it's the shot I think then it was going wide of the near post. I was right behind it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2146 on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »
If it's the shot I think then it was going wide of the near post. I was right behind it.

Maybe you should of told Daniels, it would of saved him the need to dive for it.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

sportygirlwba

« Reply #2147 on: August 29, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »
You can't really say that Luke Daniels played well or bad because he only had 12 minutes to show himself.
Hopefully Myhill will make a speedy recovery and if Luke Daniels plays well then they will compete against each
other for who should get the start. After the few blunders that Myhill dropped last season then Daniels immediately
gives me more confidence than Myhill but on the other hand Myhill is older so therefore has more experience.
I do think though that if Fosters out for 3months its going to take him a few more weeks on top of that to get back
to match fitness.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2148 on: August 29, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »

Me thinks you are looking too deep in an effort to discredit the kid.

If your going to talk about his kicking you'll have to mention the excellent save he made from a one on one against Newport and him coming quickly off his line to thwart an Everton attack about 10 seconds after coming on.

In the interests of balance and all that.
I only go for the beer.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2149 on: August 29, 2013, 08:33:30 AM »
If neither keeper are ready to step in then why are they still here? I thought Myhill did ok last season. It would be criminal to use our last loan on a keeper. Especially someone like Butland who has very little experience.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club