Author Topic: 7 Dec 2018 Albion 2 Aston Villa 2  (Read 64696 times)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2018, 10:08:54 PM »
And 6 points from these 2 games would have put us top...

So you expect us to win 6 games in a row and because we haven’t, against the form team in the league and a very capable Brentford side, let alone a run that includes Leeds, it’s unacceptable?

Laughable.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2018, 10:10:14 PM »
So you expect us to win 6 games in a row and because we haven’t, against the form team in the league and a very capable Brentford side, let alone a run that includes Leeds, it’s unacceptable?

Laughable.
Yes I'm afraid you are...

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2018, 10:10:15 PM »
About time we had some luck against that lot. The hand of rod as it shall go down in folklore.

We were pretty poor overall in that game we had a spell before and just after half time but not much else.

Subs were baffling. Barry and brunt axis is even more of a regression than brunt and Livermore.barry did well first hour than he needed switching. Bar his handball at the end jrod was abysmal we need Gayle through the middle.

Burke was terrible when he came on and we were largely at sea in the second half, if Abraham could finish we would have been put to bed.

We haven't lost and we fought back twice and the way we equalised will have that lot moaning for quite a while so can't argue with that.
O Albion we love you

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2018, 10:12:07 PM »
Yes I'm afraid you are...

So to clarify, you expected us to win every single one of the last six fixtures?  Just want to check. Please, please reply.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2018, 10:12:39 PM »
Missed Mozza and HRK badly but still took a worldie and a huge deflection to get anything from us. Brunt superb when he came on as was Barnes throughout. Shame Gayle couldn't make more of his chances.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2018, 10:13:28 PM »
 Hate this match so only tuned in at half time and with about 10 minutes to go so am relieved  we didn't lose to the scum onwards to the next match.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2018, 10:14:36 PM »
I stated that 6 points would have put us top in reply to your 6 points from the last 2 games...i never said I expected us to win the games it was just a statement.. ..i also didn't put a derogatory comment like your "laughable"..

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »
2-2 a good result considering our performance.

Lets crack on now

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2018, 10:15:23 PM »
We had pace, or pace and  power and young talent with fresh legs on the bench. None of it used. We got 2 now slow old guys and got a lucky draw. I thought  villa got away with some pretty nasty tackles early on when we looked as if we were going to break out, but got the deserved break with the handball. I have tried to stop criticising refs but I do wish the same rules were made to apply to both sides. As each villa player got tackled their first move was a dive and a screech like virgin in a brothel. This meant that we were never allowed to challenge for the ball with any purpose and had to let them run. Stlll they scored a lucky goal and a very good one and so did we. Missed goal chances and general errors apart they should have won. But so should we against Brentford.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2018, 10:16:18 PM »
About time we had some luck against that lot. The hand of rod as it shall go down in folklore.

We were pretty poor overall in that game we had a spell before and just after half time but not much else.

Subs were baffling. Barry and brunt axis is even more of a regression than brunt and Livermore.barry did well first hour than he needed switching. Bar his handball at the end jrod was abysmal we need Gayle through the middle.

Burke was terrible when he came on and we were largely at sea in the second half, if Abraham could finish we would have been put to bed.

We haven't lost and we fought back twice and the way we equalised will have that lot moaning for quite a while so can't argue with that.

Agree with much of what you say. I thought JRod was better than you suggest but he had a heavy touch which robbed him of a great chance in the second half which was frustrating. I agree Gayle should have played in the centre as he often left Tosin with little option out wide.

We do need a future in centre midfield and we know that three of the four centre midfielders aren’t the future. We also need a right back as despite Tosins obvious talent, he’s not a right back.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2018, 10:17:37 PM »
Missed Mozza and HRK badly but still took a worldie and a huge deflection to get anything from us. Brunt superb when he came on as was Barnes throughout. Shame Gayle couldn't make more of his chances.
really liked his corner at the death that went sailing over everybody.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »
Jrod did nothing all game, was like playing with a man down. I'd go with HRK playing deeper and Gayle through the middle.

Brunt and Burke offered nothing when they came on.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19:52 PM »
I stated that 6 points would have put us top in reply to your 6 points from the last 2 games...i never said I expected us to win the games it was just a statement.. ..i also didn't put a derogatory comment like your "laughable"..

I said the comment was laughable whereas you got personal so just take a breath. You clearly expected us to win these two fixtures. This is the Championship. It’s an incredibly difficult league. We will do well to be promoted.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2018, 10:21:37 PM »
We had pace, or pace and  power and young talent with fresh legs on the bench. None of it used. We got 2 now slow old guys and got a lucky draw. I thought  villa got away with some pretty nasty tackles early on when we looked as if we were going to break out, but got the deserved break with the handball. I have tried to stop criticising refs but I do wish the same rules were made to apply to both sides. As each villa player got tackled their first move was a dive and a screech like virgin in a brothel. This meant that we were never allowed to challenge for the ball with any purpose and had to let them run. Stlll they scored a lucky goal and a very good one and so did we. Missed goal chances and general errors apart they should have won. But so should we against Brentford.

He put Burke on!!!

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:08 PM »
Putting words in my mouth again...its your problem if you misinterpreted my message...breathing easy thank you.. and after supporting the club for 45 years I don't expect anything I can assure you..

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
Awful performance, got away with murder. We have no tactics.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #266 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:36 PM »

Brunt did nothing superb at all. Not one great pass or tackle. Nothing. But he did give the ball away. He is not an impact sub.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2018, 10:23:46 PM »
Putting words in my mouth again...its your problem if you misinterpreted my message...breathing easy thank you.. and after supporting the club for 45 years I don't expect anything I can assure you..

Ok. I’m sorry. So what was your point? What did you actually mean?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2018, 10:24:49 PM »
Jrod did nothing all game, was like playing with a man down. I'd go with HRK playing deeper and Gayle through the middle.

Brunt and Burke offered nothing when they came on.

Good shout, hope we get a proper right back, left footed central defender, dynamic midfielder, striker in January window, perhaps funded by Jrod depature to Burnley :-*

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #269 on: December 07, 2018, 10:26:51 PM »
Missed Morrison massively, got away with it.

"Hand of Rod" (coined on the 74)

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #270 on: December 07, 2018, 10:29:15 PM »
No apologies needed....my point was that although we are taking good points away from home and looking a better side..we have let points slip at home...today was always going to be tough but we should have put Brentford away ..would never suggest the the Championship is a cake walk there are many sides arguably bigger than us who have been here for many years who can vouch for that..

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
Barnes ripped Hutton apart 1st half so Smith switched him to the other side, Moore should've done the same with Barnes to keep the pressure on Hutton.we lost the central driving runs from Phillips second half and pumped more high balls into the box that's not really our strength even though we scored from a cross. handball but I couldn't give a toss against them tossers.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
No apologies needed....my point was that although we are taking good points away from home and looking a better side..we have let points slip at home...today was always going to be tough but we should have put Brentford away ..would never suggest the the Championship is a cake walk there are many sides arguably bigger than us who have been here for many years who can vouch for that..

The knee jerk criticism is what gets to me. The big picture in my view is that we are doing really well.

Pulis killed us and Pardew buried us. Moore is reviving us.

We may well not go up but we are making a decent attempt and pride is restored.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »
Brunt did nothing superb at all. Not one great pass or tackle. Nothing. But he did give the ball away. He is not an impact sub.
hes not an impact sub or a first team player offers nothing at all, time to move him on and his big wages, very lucky point again get alot of luck really Darren Moore still out of his depth but sure he will say the right things again in the press

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: December 07, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
We are clearly lacking a younger / peak age forward thinking midfielder. Morrison has been decent but no better than that. We didn't miss him massively tonight. Barry was decent but no better than that. Brunt not on for long, one decent ball but not much else. Superb - No.

Hate to say it but Hutton's block from Barnes's shot was good defending and possibly a turning point. We tired again which may be expected as we are not a young team and 2 days less to recover/prepare. Overall not a bad point, but a lucky equaliser.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill