Author Topic: 11 May 2019 Aston Villa 2 Albion 1 (Play Off 1st Leg)  (Read 95916 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Graham Scott
« Reply #575 on: May 13, 2019, 11:48:39 AM »
Gayle had been warned previously a couple of times about time wasting which was then followed up by his first booking. The 2nd although harsh was the result of persistent fouling, he could have picked up a 2nd yellow just before when he fouled a villa player on the halfway line. I really dont think Scott was as bad as some are making out.

Gayle was walking towards the ball at all times to take the throw ins. Nowhere in the rules does it say you have to run. He didn't stop, he didn't reach the ball then wait and give it to someone else to take the throw or anything like that.

Neither was a booking the first, nor the second.

The ref was abysmal.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #576 on: May 13, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »

Gayle was walking towards the ball at all times to take the throw ins. Nowhere in the rules does it say you have to run. He didn't stop, he didn't reach the ball then wait and give it to someone else to take the throw or anything like that.

Neither was a booking the first, nor the second.

The ref was abysmal.

The referee was well with in his right to give both bookings. 
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #577 on: May 13, 2019, 11:56:20 AM »
Gayle had been warned previously a couple of times about time wasting which was then followed up by his first booking. The 2nd although harsh was the result of persistent fouling, he could have picked up a 2nd yellow just before when he fouled a villa player on the halfway line. I really dont think Scott was as bad as some are making out.

As mentioned Gayle didn't waste time, he just didn't run 40 yards to take a throw in.  Nowhere does it say you need to jog off the pitch.  What makes it worse is that the Villa player prevented us taking a quick throw.  Once we couldn't then we wanted Gayle to launch it.  Pretty much every game will have subs walk off the pitch, or players go down injured right over the other side so they can stroll off it slowly.  Are they getting penalised for time wasting?  No.

As for the persistant foul, that's usually when they have made 5 or so niggly fouls, even then you very rarely (if ever) see a ref produce a second yellow for a very minor foul if it results in a red.

There was nothing he could do about the foul, he HAS to go for that ball, it was 50-50.  He also HAS to commit to the cross early.  When he realised it was the keepers ball then he pulled out but momentum carried him into the player.  He can't work against physics.  If he had not gone for the ball and the keeper hadn't reached it we would be crucifying him.

The reaction of the players\crowd\bench and a ref easily persuaded are what got him sent off.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #578 on: May 13, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »
As mentioned Gayle didn't waste time, he just didn't run 40 yards to take a throw in.  Nowhere does it say you need to jog off the pitch.  What makes it worse is that the Villa player prevented us taking a quick throw.  Once we couldn't then we wanted Gayle to launch it.  Pretty much every game will have subs walk off the pitch, or players go down injured right over the other side so they can stroll off it slowly.  Are they getting penalised for time wasting?  No.

As for the persistant foul, that's usually when they have made 5 or so niggly fouls, even then you very rarely (if ever) see a ref produce a second yellow for a very minor foul if it results in a red.

There was nothing he could do about the foul, he HAS to go for that ball, it was 50-50.  He also HAS to commit to the cross early.  When he realised it was the keepers ball then he pulled out but momentum carried him into the player.  He can't work against physics.  If he had not gone for the ball and the keeper hadn't reached it we would be crucifying him.

The reaction of the players\crowd\bench and a ref easily persuaded are what got him sent off.

I've already said i think the 2nd booking was harsh, but the referee obviously felt Gayle had used force against the GK.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #579 on: May 13, 2019, 11:59:09 AM »
The referee was well with in his right to give both bookings.

Sure, he could argue they were yellow but what we didn't see was any kind of consistancy.  By all means say that 26 seconds is too long to take a throw in, or that players need to jog to get the game going again, or that any kind of tackle where momentum causes a collision is a yellow, or that barging through an attacker to try and head the ball is ok, or that a hand in the face is not worthy of a foul, but do it consistantly. 

You see both of those things that Gayle did up and down the country every weekend, how many result in yellows?  I bet the answer is near enough 0.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #580 on: May 13, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »
I've already said i think the 2nd booking was harsh, but the referee obviously felt Gayle had used force against the GK.

Yeah, I'm saying that he didn't use any kind of excessive force, he went for a ball that was there to be won and momentum caused a collision.  Gayle did what he could to ensure there was minimum of danger to both players.  If he'd gone in and left his studs up then I'd agree with the yellow, as it was he pulled out of the challange as soon as he could.  A foul, not a yellow, again, you see these every week.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #581 on: May 13, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »
Penalty decision to Villa was NOT correct at all.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #582 on: May 13, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
The one on the halfway line was a nothing challenge, Dean Smith was a disgrace and his reaction was possibly what got Gayle the second yellow not long after.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #583 on: May 13, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »
Words alone cannot express the sheer contempt in which I hold Graham Scott, Gammon Smith and Jack Grealish et.al.

I'll leave it there for now as we have a second leg to concentrate on.

COYB and SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #584 on: May 13, 2019, 02:26:11 PM »
Penalty decision to Villa was NOT correct at all.

Yes it was.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #585 on: May 13, 2019, 02:27:50 PM »
Yes it was.

It really wasn't, he didn't get either penalty decision right.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #586 on: May 13, 2019, 02:29:02 PM »
Yes it was.

There was the slightest bit of contact so it can be given.  Poor tackle from Gibbs but Grealish has dragged his left leg into it, a slight brush and thrown himself to the ground.  Gayle should have done the same against Forest.

Disgusting part of the game mind, there was nowhere near enough contact to bring him down and Grealish was looking for it and made an absolute meal of it.  Does that count as deceiving the ref?  It should do imo.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #587 on: May 13, 2019, 02:38:45 PM »
It really wasn't, he didn't get either penalty decision right.

We should have had a pen, i agree.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #589 on: May 13, 2019, 05:09:03 PM »
Nice to see what Danny Murphy thinks about it

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pathetic-former-liverpool-man-blasts-16267521?fbclid=IwAR39AzQVorSbzLhs8HTX-sStDbEVQjq1bp58OVe3XYtJ3nWOYy16ATkt7ls

That's refreshing.

However it's those clowns at the FA that need to be thinking that. Hell they probably are thinking just that, but they won't come out and say it now will they? Idiots, the lot of them.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »
Remember this guy tomorrow night if you need anything to get the adrenaline pumped up pre match; the fools at the FA.....deluded arrogant Vile idiots.
Tomorrow let’s get payback.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #591 on: May 13, 2019, 06:22:14 PM »
Its a pity every one seems to agree he's just an incompetent idiot I was desperately hoping there would be a good conspiracy theory that he'd been 'got at' or bunged in some way as that seems the only way to explain his performance Saturday
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #592 on: May 13, 2019, 06:25:22 PM »
Remember this guy tomorrow night if you need anything to get the adrenaline pumped up pre match; the fools at the FA.....deluded arrogant Vile idiots.
Tomorrow let’s get payback.

What with? we have but blank bullets!
What the hell! let's get our pitchforks to the ready and charge them with an almighty BOING!!