Author Topic: Charlie Austin loaned to QPR  (Read 160700 times)

royhan

• WBA Coach

Charlie Austin loaned to QPR
« on: August 08, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
We are in talks with Charlie Austin, Sky Is reporting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 10:38:01 PM by MarkW »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Charlie Austin
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 08:27:32 AM »
Personally think Austin would be a good goalscorer for us
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 08:28:08 AM »
Mark McCadam on Twitter - the guy who is always on the 9am transfer show.

Sky Sources:

West Brom in talks with Southampton over a deal to buy Charlie Austin.

#SaintsFC #WBA

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 08:35:20 AM »
Mark McCadam on Twitter - the guy who is always on the 9am transfer show.

Sky Sources:

West Brom in talks with Southampton over a deal to buy Charlie Austin.

#SaintsFC #WBA

Backed up in the mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7336373/Transfer-news-West-Brom-line-double-deadline-day-swoop-Charlie-Austin-Chris-Willock.html
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »
Charlie Austin is head and shoulders above any strikers we’ve been linked to over the past couple of days . Get it done

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »
Charlie Austin is head and shoulders above any strikers we’ve been linked to over the past couple of days . Get it done
Another  Ricky Lambert, keep well away!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 08:55:04 AM »
Austin doesn't do it for me. Terrible injury record, and already had the chance to come to us earlier in the window and was very dismissive, from what I recall.

The young winger from Benfica is interesting. We seem to be building a young, developing, ambitious squad with plenty of future resale value.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 09:13:42 AM »
The comparisons between Austin/lambert are a joke.

He would be a quality signing. Can't believe some wouldn't take him. Good job some aren't managers. Wed be in real trouble

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 09:18:02 AM »
Daily Mail says Austin is a loan.

Jason Burt of the Telegraph reports that it is a permanent deal. He has never been renowned for knowing much about us but he appears to be particularly close to Bilic so could be some truth in it.

I do not like the idea of Austin; a player with a record of injuries, past his peak having not been successful in recent times is the exact profile of player I prefer to steer clear of. He may prove to be a good addition but I prefer us to stay away from this profile of player. fortunately the rest of our signings this summer haven't been of this profile so one risk may be ok. He certainly will be suited to playing the lone man up front better than Gayle.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 09:18:10 AM »
Wasn't too keen on Austin but, with the amount of wingers we are bringing in, he could get an absolute hat full in this league (I think I could get 10 ). Would also replace Rodriguez as penalty taker so that would certainly be in safe hands.
QPR mate says we win the league if we get him, rates him as a beast from his time there.
If fit, this could be the 20 goal striker we need, let's not be too quick to write him off.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 09:18:31 AM »
The comparisons between Austin/lambert are a joke.

He would be a quality signing. Can't believe some wouldn't take him. Good job some aren't managers. Wed be in real trouble

I agree. Austin would be terrific in this league. Get him in.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 09:19:45 AM »
Austin doesn't do it for me. Terrible injury record, and already had the chance to come to us earlier in the window and was very dismissive, from what I recall.

The young winger from Benfica is interesting. We seem to be building a young, developing, ambitious squad with plenty of future resale value.

Nonsense.  His injury record last season was fine. He either started or was on the bench for more than 30 games.   Yes he turned us down earlier - didn’t want to leave Saints and didn’t want to drop down a division.  Nothing wrong with wanting to play in the PL.

Would be an excellent signing and would soon be a cult hero here.

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 09:21:12 AM »
Matt Wilson
@mattwilson_star
·
2m
As reported elsewhere, #wba are trying to sign Charlie Austin on a permanent deal from Southampton. Striker is travelling to the Midlands this morning for talks

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »

I agree. Austin would be terrific in this league. Get him in.

Only comparison I can see is that both played for Southampton. Nothing else .

As you say, get him In

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »
Matt Wilson
@mattwilson_star
·
2m
As reported elsewhere, #wba are trying to sign Charlie Austin on a permanent deal from Southampton. Striker is travelling to the Midlands this morning for talks

Charlie Austin on a perm deal is very confusing.

If you compare it to us signing Gayle, you would argue that its very similar.

Austin is older
Austin and Gayle would probably be offered the same wages
Austin may cost a few million less

Overall the deals would be very similar, high wages, no sell on value. Makes the whole comments about not signing Gayle very bizzare.

That being said, a fully fit Charlie Austin in a championship team with Sawyers, Krovonovic, Phillips, Edwards, Pereria all supplying him, you would hope he would hit 20 goals.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 09:25:20 AM »
Austin, subject to the medical, would be a great signing. I do worry about his fitness, but at this level he will score goals for fun as he has done previously.

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 09:26:43 AM »

Austin is older

Overall the deals would be very similar, high wages, no sell on value. Makes the whole comments about not signing Gayle very bizzare.

That being said, a fully fit Charlie Austin in a championship team with Sawyers, Krovonovic, Phillips, Edwards, Pereria all supplying him, you would hope he would hit 20 goals.
Think Southampton are desperate to get rid of him so the fee could be a lot cheaper than we think compared to Gayle’s reported £15-20million

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 09:27:36 AM »
Austin is the wrong side of 30 and hasn't got into double figures since 2015. If it's a loan, then fine; if it's a permanent signing with any significant fee, it's bad business. I also hope he's not the only striker we plan to bring in. If he is, we could be in trouble.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 09:30:31 AM »

Austin is older

I would suggest that his wages would be less, the transfer fee obviously would be less and also the Austin deal would probably be a two-year contract, maybe even a 1+1 but Gayle will be seeking his last big deal and would want a 4-year deal I would imagine. The Gayle deal would cost the club far more. Finally, Austin will suit the 4231 we played on the weekend better than Gayle.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 09:37:25 AM »

Austin is older

Offered the same wages doesn't necessarily mean they'd be accepting it. Gayle reportedly on huge wages.

I think Austin is a good shout, i'd be happy. I think with the injury record a young under study could be needed.

Talking about it on SSN now.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 09:59:10 AM »
Austin went all of last season uninjured didn't he? I think it is a bit of an obvious signing and also one that could have been done earlier in the window, but if he stays fit he has the track record at this level to get between 15 and 20 goals.

Decent option, even if i'd prefer us to have unearthed a bitnof a gem from abroad.
Boing Boing

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 10:08:44 AM »
Austin, subject to the medical, would be a great signing. I do worry about his fitness, but at this level he will score goals for fun as he has done previously.

Austin has rejected us in a previous transfer window and earlier on in this.
He's getting desperate.  Is he  likely to come in get himself on the treatment table as much as possible and pick up his pay checks?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2019, 10:23:05 AM »
Charlie Austin. Well past his best. 2 goals in 25 appearances last season. Wrong side of 30. If previous reports are to be believed, not especially motivated to come here. Would he be a good signing? I don't think so. Those advocating signing him are remembering the Austin of a few years ago, not the current one.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 10:25:09 AM »
Charlie Austin would be a great signing for me....wrong side of 30?? hes turned 30 a month ago!!

He wills score a lot of goals...exactly what we need

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 10:26:02 AM »
I would be happy with Austin, with the strength we will have on the wings (assuming the Perreira and Diangana deals come through) he will bury the crosses.

However I would like a 2nd striker (either a loan for a youngster from a  big club or someone like this Buksa) to give more options should we get injuries.