Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535204 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #650 on: April 05, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
The saving grace in all of this is Berahino is still young enough to learn from his mistakes but he would not be the first promising youngster to scupper his career because of an attitude problem before that career had begun. The most worrying thing about this was a comment from Chris Lepowski in a Birmingham Mail podcast was that when talking to people prior to writing the article on the dressing room bust up he couldn't find anyone at the club with a good word to say for him in which case his attitude must stink.

Hopefully he can grow up but he needs to do so quickly. How long we persevere with him remains to be seen but I suspect that if the right offer were to come in this summer we might just take the money and run. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #651 on: April 05, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »
The lad has a lot of potential and its upto him what he does with it.

He has made some mistakes, and even this week seems to of carried it on with his social media stuff, but also he is a young lad earning stupid money and he has done some stupid things, when i was his age i earnt rubbish money and did stupid things!

Its part of being young and if he has any sense he will realise what he needs to do now to be the best he can be, the last week could be the making of him, hopefully its brought him down a peg or two. Form wise i think he has been poor, but again that happens to most young players at some point, its how they bounce back.

It really is upto him, he can look back and think 'okay i was a p****k, lesson learnt and make the papers for his football talent' or he can act like that idiot at Stoke, have a comment for everything and be in the news for being an idiot rather than anything you do on the football pitch!

I hope the fans dont boo him or anything, give him another chance and see what happens, if he messes up again then judge it then, but it will be interesting to see how both Berahino and James 'Rocky' Morrison do today!

Great that. :)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #652 on: April 06, 2014, 04:23:59 PM »
Did anyone catch the comments from Dean Kiely from the Beeb text commentary today?
I wonder if he had anyone particular in mind?  :-X

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Dean Kiely at Goodison ParkEverton 2-0 Arsenal

"Lukaku has detached himself from the centre-halves and has been out further wide on the right, closer to Monreal, to allow Naismith to mooch around. I couldn't help smile to myself at that goal as all of last season I saw that from him at West Brom. It was a devastating finish with the left foot. Outstanding.

"In this day and age of celebrity footballers, Romelu just wants to play football. He challenged us as coaches every day. He wants to do better. He would want to know from me each week about each goalkeeper. He will be a top-top player for many years to come."

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #653 on: April 08, 2014, 12:00:14 AM »

How long we persevere with him remains to be seen but I suspect that if the right offer were to come in this summer we might just take the money and run.

what bid do youthink we would get for him...for that golden month last year someone would have been willing to gamble 5+ but now that the truth is out what bid would we get????  What would you sell him for??  Me i'd hit a 3.5 bid IF one came in (which I doubt) . Maybe I'd live to regret it but.....

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #654 on: April 13, 2014, 08:20:43 AM »

mr taz

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #655 on: April 13, 2014, 08:26:32 AM »
Get him out the club asap

baggies_ash

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #656 on: April 13, 2014, 08:37:47 AM »
I think it's becoming more and more apparent as to why the senior players have obviously got such a problem with him. What a farce this season is turning in to.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #657 on: April 13, 2014, 08:55:46 AM »
Hopefully some stupid club will come and take him away for a stupid amount. Hate the utter tool. This is what modern day football breeds. Slowly losing my passion for what used to be a wonderful sport.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #658 on: April 13, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »
The club has become a laughing stock on and off the pitch this season
Twitter: @floydy1983

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #659 on: April 13, 2014, 09:00:20 AM »
Get him out the club asap

The problem is who will want such a player whose immaturity has seen him featured more on the front pages of the newspapers than the back pages? His ego is clearly much bigger than the ability he has shown so far,

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #660 on: April 13, 2014, 09:06:12 AM »
I agree. Get rid. Waste of a great talent. Ravel Morrison mark 2,

Whatever we get for him will be a good deal.  He'll be playing no higher than Championship for the rest of his career.

James Morrison didn't hit him hard enough.  Perhaps this is why the club didn't make more of the dressing room incident. The players clearly know what he's up to off the pitch.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #661 on: April 13, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »
It's only laughing gas they use this stuff in hospital don't they? But obviously someone in his position should know better some friend this person was to him recording him, I have no idea why he would let someone record him I know the effect only lasts 30 seconds but as a pro footballer you should have a bit more sense about you, he's going to have to hit rock bottom to realise what an idiot he's been (saying that he won't with the amount of money he's earnt now he's "made it")

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #662 on: April 13, 2014, 09:32:14 AM »
He'll probably be at QPR next season.  Barton, Morrison, he'd fit in well. 

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #663 on: April 13, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »
The problem is that while people at the club might have known the extent of his off field issues this now breaks it into the public domain and while we might want to sell who in their right mind would buy? I am always staggered as to how footballers with really bad off field reputations seem to find a home but most of the time they at least have some sort of on field track record to make the risk worthwhile Berahino has barely got going.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #664 on: April 13, 2014, 10:04:36 AM »
The problem is that while people at the club might have known the extent of his off field issues this now breaks it into the public domain and while we might want to sell who in their right mind would buy? I am always staggered as to how footballers with really bad off field reputations seem to find a home but most of the time they at least have some sort of on field track record to make the risk worthwhile Berahino has barely got going.

A couple of weeks back I was on here defending Saido after his mistake against Cardiff. Leaving the ground that day though I did say to someone that I don't think he'll amount to much.

This morning, after reading this stuff and seeing what he has been up to, I take back my defence and stand by my view of his future.

You're right, he has barely got his career going, and I for one will be amazed if he ever does.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:35:09 AM by Chipperfan »
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #665 on: April 13, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
Problem young players have is when they get the big contracts they start moving in different circles and attract a lot of hangers on and also get the buzz from the big wages and spending money they only dreamed of having when they were younger. Clubs need to do more to prepare young players for it.

Saying that the player is old enough himself to know what he's doing and if he wants to ruin his career before he gets to 25 or so then carry on lad you're doing it right.

Needs someone in his family or his agent/ proper friend not hanger on to sit him down and lay into him otherwise he'll be another Francis Jeffers type player struggling to get a game at the likes of Accrington.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #666 on: April 13, 2014, 11:44:21 AM »
Problem young players have is when they get the big contracts they start moving in different circles and attract a lot of hangers on and also get the buzz from the big wages and spending money they only dreamed of having when they were younger. Clubs need to do more to prepare young players for it.

Saying that the player is old enough himself to know what he's doing and if he wants to ruin his career before he gets to 25 or so then carry on lad you're doing it right.

Needs someone in his family or his agent/ proper friend not hanger on to sit him down and lay into him otherwise he'll be another Francis Jeffers type player struggling to get a game at the likes of Accrington.

I think that's justifying his behaviour - there's also lots of head strong youngsters and he's a grown man now. Sickens me that he was bought on over Anichebe. The deal has changed him, gone are his religious tweets, he's an idiot now - get rid asap he's poison.

Just looking on his twitter, who the f*** are these 'west brom' fans complimenting him?! Some people are truly pathetic.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:46:15 AM by WBArgo »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #667 on: April 13, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
I think that's justifying his behaviour - there's also lots of head strong youngsters and he's a grown man now. Sickens me that he was bought on over Anichebe. The deal has changed him, gone are his religious tweets, he's an idiot now - get rid asap he's poison.

Just looking on his twitter, who the f*** are these 'west brom' fans complimenting him?! Some people are truly pathetic.

Not justifying his behaviour at all in any way shape or form, he's turned into a dickhead but is not the first and won't be the last. I think clubs need to act more to try and avoid these problems, they're the ones paying massive wages to the kids so maybe they should do more to protect their asset. When you get more money and start moving in different circles heads get turned and hangers on appear and play a part in what were once sensible people turning into complete knobheads, then the money disappears when the career slides and the hangers on disappear leaving the person with no-one as the original proper friends have moved on after being pushed out in favour of the hangers on. If no-one sorts him out thats what will happen to Saido.

Davros1582

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #668 on: April 13, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
Time to cash in. I have viewed the footage and its utterly embarrassing for both him and the club. I thought we had unearthed a proper player when I saw the game against Newport but he has turned out to be another clown.

Is there anything else that can go wrong this season!

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #669 on: April 13, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
Get rid >:(
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #670 on: April 13, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »
Laughing gas isnt it  ???

About as harmful as a few pints and a couple of fags!

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #671 on: April 13, 2014, 12:10:09 PM »
If he's not careful he'll get a reputation and then no matter how minor an incident he's involved in, the press will keep on raking things up. He may be past that point already!
He is only a kid doing what kids do and really needs someone to help mentor him and help with his direction ... but it needs to start from Saido. Come on lad you can do better than this.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #672 on: April 13, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
Fine him two weeks wages, stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season and upto him then. Get someone like Anichebe or Cyrille to give the big rollocking he needs.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #673 on: April 13, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »
Fine him two weeks wages, stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season and upto him then. Get someone like Anichebe or Cyrille to give the big rollocking he needs.

Phil its laughing gas?

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #674 on: April 13, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »
I agree with Oldbury if he wants to mess up hes career hes going about it in the right way maybe when he looks at all hes mates going to brazil and then couple years after he ends up in league 1 he wished he done things differently.