Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2550619 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »
He's got plenty of developing left to do yet, he's had a promising start and he's riding the crest of a wave so far this season but lets not get ahead of ourselves here with talk of 15 goals and World Cup squads.

He seems a pretty grounded young man and certainly deserves a new deal to reward him for his progress so far.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2013, 01:22:25 PM »
Of all our kids this is the big one for me, his record at age group levels is phenomenal, I think he'll score for fun in the lower leagues.

Bump  8)

Keep it up Saido you'll be an absolute star if you keep your feet on the ground.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #327 on: October 05, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »
Reading his latest interview its very encouraging a player with humility but also a realism of his ambitions . We need more players who have the drive to play for a top 5 club.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #328 on: October 05, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »
Bump  8)

Keep it up Saido you'll be an absolute star if you keep your feet on the ground.

"I think he'll score for fun in the lower leagues" very intuitive!  ::) 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #329 on: October 05, 2013, 04:18:37 PM »
Who said the academy was pointless and a waste of money  ;D
Gera, Gera, Gera

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
Who said the academy was pointless and a waste of money  ;D

We just need to hide the lads till they've signed pro contracts! Talking of which, I'd be happy to hear Saido has signed a new one soon
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Reddiebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »
Romelu lukaku's situation is the prime reason why any young striker should not look at Chelsea to further their career, Saido is at least a year behind Rom if not more so why would you go there if not for the money which he has stated on Twitter is of very little importance to him.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
http://footylatest.com/chelsea-set-their-sights-on-5-million-west-brom-sensation/49988

Chelsea set their sights on £5 million West Brom sensation

Chelsea are reportedly making plans of pillaging the Hawthorns this winter. According to reports in The Metro, the Blues have become interested in acquiring the services of West Brom forward Saido Berahino and may make a move for him when the transfer window reopens in January.

The 20 year old has proven to be a revelation for the Baggies this season, going on to score five goals in six appearances for the club. Berahino has emerged as one of the brightest young talents on the English circuit recently and has consequently attracted the attention of a number of clubs.

It is believed that West Brom are keen on prolonging the youngster’s stay at the Hawthorns by offering him a new contract soon. However, Chelsea would be looking to test the Baggies’ resolve by offering around £5 million for Berahino, with additional offers of boosting his £850-a –week wages significantly.

The former Burundi refugee has already made it clear that he would immediately grab a chance to represent England in next year’s World Cup, should he receive a call up for the first team. That being said, a move to Chelsea would greatly enhance his prospect of playing for the Three Lions with the Blues capable of providing him with crucial big-stage experience.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2013, 12:40:55 PM »
New topic created in the Transfer Forum for rumours on Saido, this one we'll try to keep for general discussion

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=12311.msg261601#new
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #334 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
Absolute rubbish.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #335 on: October 06, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
Chelsea can't even find a place in the squad for Lukaku, no chance they're going to be after Berahino (for that amount of money anyway) surely.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #336 on: October 06, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »
Absolute rubbish.

My thoughts exactly. How the writer of the article can deduce that Berahino has a better chance of being called up for the World Cup with Chelsea is beyond me. I wonder how much Saido's agent has had to do with this "story"?

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #337 on: October 06, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »
My thoughts exactly. How the writer of the article can deduce that Berahino has a better chance of being called up for the World Cup with Chelsea is beyond me. I wonder how much Saido's agent has had to do with this "story"?
I doubt its even his agent just the complete idiots at metro wanting to put a story together!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #338 on: October 06, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »
I doubt its even his agent just the complete idiots at metro wanting to put a story together!
Then why not use Everton or Arsenal? teams actually linked to him?

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
Then why not use Everton or Arsenal? teams actually linked to him?

Because with Chelsea you get the stigma of Izzy Brown and Clarkes links to Chelsea. Its just poor journalism trying to sensationalise nothing.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2013, 02:59:31 PM »
His agents are Key Sports Management who are also the agents for amongst others Theo Walcott, Jordan Henderson and  Phil Jones. All of whom suffered from getting a "big" move a little bit too early in their careers and then failing to deliver up to the well orchestrated media hype surrounding them.  Closer to home they are the agents for James Morrison ,Chris Brunt and now ex- Baggie Izzy Brown. I sincerely hope Sadio has other sources of advice and the lad himself seems to be well grounded but I do fear the worse even if we do persuade him to sign a new contract. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:40:50 AM by standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #341 on: October 06, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
Yes Key Sports Management do like to get young players a move to the big clubs early on in their careers.

Its worrying but lets hope, for a change, that common sense prevails and he signs a new contract with us and does well and consistently scores goals and then gets the move away that he deserves with all of our blessings.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #342 on: October 06, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »

"I think he'll score for fun in the lower leagues" very intuitive!  ::)

Was prior to his first loan... Not a prediction of his career as a whole. Context is key my friend.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: October 06, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »
Seem to remember Thorne swiftly getting an improved deal after a couple of 1st team performances - maybe we've been a bit slow with Saido if he's still on £850 / week.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »
very good performance from saido today, looks to have took to the premier league really well hopefully we can keep his feet on the ground and not let money grabbing agents turn his head, futures looking bright boingboing

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #345 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:53 AM »

Was prior to his first loan... Not a prediction of his career as a whole. Context is key my friend.

You gave yourself a big slap on the back for predicting Saido would score goals in "the lower leagues" not the Premier, context has a lot to answer for mukka
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2013, 05:56:21 AM »
Seem to remember Thorne swiftly getting an improved deal after a couple of 1st team performances - maybe we've been a bit slow with Saido if he's still on £850 / week.

After the last few weeks it is easy to forget that at the start of the season particularly after the deadline day signings Berhahino was a long way down the pecking order. There was probably more chance of him being loaned out rather than breaking through into the first team in that context with two years left to run on his current deal there was no pressing need to throw money at a player whose chances of making it at Premier League level were no better than 50:50.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2013, 06:18:59 AM »
Listening to Clarkes pre match interview yesterday he was les than impressed by Berahino's agent and more or less said so.
I'm sure the club are well aware of what they need to do here and will act accordingly.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »
How much do you think he should be on a week? I'm hearing Man U are going to offer that Januzaj 50k after one good game, crazy!!

I'd say Berahino's now is first team player, maybe not starting 11 although if he carries on he soon will be. Thinking on what first team players are on for example I'd say 20-25k is fair enough considering he's only on £850 a week! He must be in dreamland
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »
10k per week maybe. Rising towards 20k depending on appearances and goals.