Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 284846 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
rejected the seals have i read somewhere
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »
Welcome to Albion. :)

Really a surprising signing, credit to the club officials who keep the deal quiet behind the scenes.

Just watched his highlights on youtube. Quick, strong and raw, hope it will turn out to be a good signing.
The PRIDE of midlands

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2017, 02:22:50 PM »
Welcome to the Albion Oliver :D

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2017, 02:32:00 PM »
Welcome Ollie.
Very interesting and potentially exciting signing.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »
Just watched his interview, Very well spoken, But highly impressive physical specimen stands out. Friends have told me about him from his time at Forest but i wasn't aware of who he is, Looking forward to see him taking players on, Hopefully has an end product which McLean seems to fail a few times on.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »
The championship and the Bundesliga...hardly a walkover!

really ?

the championship is one of the hardest leagues now as our 'big club' neighbours found out last season

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
Welcome Oliver delighted to see you at the club, hope you make your debut against clay heads

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »
really ?

the championship is one of the hardest leagues now as our 'big club' neighbours found out last season

I'm agreeing with you...
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »
This is a very good signing, the club deserves a lot of credit for pulling this one off. He's a hugely exciting talent who should fit us perfectly. The clubs actually bought well this summer so far, though I do fear for the centre back situation if Evans leaves.

I agree with this but to be honest how the club has performed this window so far has filled me with confidence they seem to be making the right choices. Couple more in would be ideal.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2017, 03:47:40 PM »
really ?

The Bundesliga is probably the 2nd best league in the world after the Premier League, or at least the third best - it's not a joke by any means.
To be fair I agree with the Championship too, I read somewhere it's the 8th best league in the world which may also be true.

Regardless, he looks a talent and is a very promising singing from the club, something which is a bit of a rarity so well done for getting it complete.
Does anyone know if he will be available against Stoke?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »
The Bundesliga is probably the 2nd best league in the world after the Premier League, or at least the third best - it's not a joke by any means.
To be fair I agree with the Championship too, I read somewhere it's the 8th best league in the world which may also be true.

Regardless, he looks a talent and is a very promising singing from the club, something which is a bit of a rarity so well done for getting it complete.

I'll wait to see his initiation video before deciding on that  :P

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »

Yes he's available for selection on Sunday against Stoke

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
Welcome to the Albion Oliver 👍🏻

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2017, 04:57:12 PM »
I remember him catching the eye in a match I watched, he played very well, but his ears helped make him very noticeable.
Baggie in Southampton

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2017, 05:24:37 PM »
Says he wants to be first name on team sheet and hopes to bring the fans on their feet,love him already.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2017, 06:06:05 PM »
Fantastic signing in my opinion. Ambitious signing by the club bringing in a very exciting prospect who is more than capable of making an immediate impact.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2017, 09:19:35 PM »
Potentially an excellent signing. Remember being impressed with him when he was at Forest from the little bits I saw.

It's the kind of signing we need though imo. The squad is too old and this kid will give us the mobility I think we lack.

Very happy with this signing. Good luck to him and hope he becomes an Albion legend.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »
Potentially an excellent signing. Remember being impressed with him when he was at Forest from the little bits I saw.

It's the kind of signing we need though imo. The squad is too old and this kid will give us the mobility I think we lack.

Very happy with this signing. Good luck to him and hope he becomes an Albion legend.

The mobility point is key. We play pretty deep and in order to transition into attack mobility is key. Hence why Rodriguez, Burke and Phillips as a front three bring that in bucket loads.

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »
Okay, so whilst Pulis ball at times has me very much wanting to pull my hair out I respect he achieves results, so I put up with that and hope the club will get strong enough in the long term that this period will be worth it.

But the club... oh the club kills me and has be seriously on the verge of no longer following the sport.
This though.. regardless of whether he achieves what he might... This signing excites me.
The club coming in for 15 million on a young exciting kid.. This is what I have been DYING for as a supporter.

I hope he comes on and achieves what he was touted to when he left for Leipzig.

Bring on the rest of the window and WELCOME Oliver!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2017, 11:22:41 PM »
Excited about this signing. Good luck

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2017, 11:23:43 PM »
With Ollly coming in, this will allow Pulis to adopt a more attacking side (as per against Accrington Stanley) which seemed to please most of us.

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2017, 12:51:03 AM »
With Ollly coming in, this will allow Pulis to adopt a more attacking side (as per against Accrington Stanley) which seemed to please most of us.
I think so more like Palace when he coach them and got manager of the year

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »

I have my doubts he will do this too often. Tony is just very conservative in his approach.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2017, 10:37:42 AM »
I have my doubts he will do this too often. Tony is just very conservative in his approach.
Don't forget we played Phillips, Chadli and McLean/Brunt as a 3 behind Rondon in our best spell last season....it's not drastically different.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2017, 11:45:18 PM »
Post match comments from Pulis today that Burke is "not ready"... "will require a lot of work" and "allow Leko to go out on loan" - that being Leko who never got a look in. I don't think were going to be seeing from Burke save for 5-10 minute cameos from the bench, probably when were losing.