Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 263737 times)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #1200 on: January 16, 2024, 11:13:39 AM »
Strange. Walsall hadn’t really been any better than Doncaster until December.

I don’t know why we allowed this to happen it when he was getting minutes for a manager who clearly liked him
im not sure what the club could do? Player wanted out and Donny weren’t going to pick him in games (manager said he didn’t even want him in training if he wasn’t committed) so right for all parties to let him go elsewhere. We could force him to stay but that risks us burning bridges with Faal/Doncaster/McCann and he won’t play anyway.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1201 on: January 16, 2024, 12:29:55 PM »
im not sure what the club could do? Player wanted out and Donny weren’t going to pick him in games (manager said he didn’t even want him in training if he wasn’t committed) so right for all parties to let him go elsewhere. We could force him to stay but that risks us burning bridges with Faal/Doncaster/McCann and he won’t play anyway.

Maybe he was just homesick, or sick of Doncaster, which is understandable frankly.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1202 on: January 16, 2024, 01:48:54 PM »

By the time he’s said he wants out I agree.

However you’d hope people at the club who know him would be talking to him before then and ascertain his happiness. Tell the lad and explain why it was important he show some mettle, knuckle down with the right attitude and use the time the manager is giving him to come back in 6 months a better player.

I can’t speak for CC, but I suspect he will be less than impressed with him and I wouldn’t be surprised if this little power play with his agent finishes him with us. I’d have big questions on his character now to be honest.

Obviously we have no idea if there is wider issues, but at face value it’s really poor from a young pro.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1203 on: January 16, 2024, 11:53:14 PM »
Bit of context on Faal as I like to follow all our loan players closely, as well as the lower leagues in general:

Doncaster were playing 2 strikers in the first half of the season and Faal had a good partnership going with Ironside, who is their star player and top scorer. Unfortunately they're awful defensively so they switched to a 433 in December, and obviously Ironside was chosen to lead the line. This left Faal stuck out of position on the left wing, where he's been, by all accounts, pretty garbage. They've just signed Waters from Wrexham who can play off the left as well so it's likely Faal would end up on the bench.

Walsall have a decent team and their new owners seem a bit more ambitious than the previous one. They play 2 up front and their top scorer has just been recalled by Lincoln. This + a move closer to home and the switch is a no-brainer. Realistically he needs another good 6 months before he's ready for League 1.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1204 on: January 17, 2024, 09:31:49 AM »
Bit of context on Faal as I like to follow all our loan players closely, as well as the lower leagues in general:

Doncaster were playing 2 strikers in the first half of the season and Faal had a good partnership going with Ironside, who is their star player and top scorer. Unfortunately they're awful defensively so they switched to a 433 in December, and obviously Ironside was chosen to lead the line. This left Faal stuck out of position on the left wing, where he's been, by all accounts, pretty garbage. They've just signed Waters from Wrexham who can play off the left as well so it's likely Faal would end up on the bench.

Walsall have a decent team and their new owners seem a bit more ambitious than the previous one. They play 2 up front and their top scorer has just been recalled by Lincoln. This + a move closer to home and the switch is a no-brainer. Realistically he needs another good 6 months before he's ready for League 1.

Thanks for this, makes more sense from a football perspective, still sounds like it was handled appallingly by the lad and his agent though, its a small industry and a poor reputation is hard to shake off sadly, lets hope the damage is limited .
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1205 on: January 17, 2024, 01:54:21 PM »
I have some sympathy for Mo Faal and his agent. He is out of contract in the summer. If he had time on his Albion contract maybe it iwould worthwhile for him to bide his time sitting on the bench at Doncaster with the occasional out of position appearance but that ain't going to be worth diddly squat in getting him a contract.

If I were a young player in his position I would expect my agent to move heaven and earth to get me somewhere that I might play and could earn a contract. Sorry Grant McCann nor West Bromwich Albion are paying his bills after May. Fans rightly complain about already rich professionals rinsing the game for another big payday but that very quickly drops away in lower divisions where contracts are short and the pay is much lower especially for up and coming players with a limited track record.

There is very little upside for Faal to passively tow the line.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1206 on: January 17, 2024, 02:26:45 PM »
I have some sympathy for Mo Faal and his agent. He is out of contract in the summer. If he had time on his Albion contract maybe it iwould worthwhile for him to bide his time sitting on the bench at Doncaster with the occasional out of position appearance but that ain't going to be worth diddly squat in getting him a contract.

If I were a young player in his position I would expect my agent to move heaven and earth to get me somewhere that I might play and could earn a contract. Sorry Grant McCann nor West Bromwich Albion are paying his bills after May. Fans rightly complain about already rich professionals rinsing the game for another big payday but that very quickly drops away in lower divisions where contracts are short and the pay is much lower especially for up and coming players with a limited track record.

He signed a new two year deal last summer so does have a little more time. If he does well for Walsall, I’d imagine we will try and sell him to a league one club in the summer.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1207 on: January 17, 2024, 02:54:29 PM »

Great post Standaman, Fair play to him AND his agent sometimes you have to stand up for yourself . Tulloch for example has been ruled by others and will be shuffled out in the summer if not before
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1208 on: January 26, 2024, 05:15:52 PM »
Aaron Harper-Bailey has joined Kidderminster Harriers on loan

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1209 on: January 27, 2024, 09:40:26 PM »
Zac Ashworth got a goal and an assist for Bolton in their 1-4 victory away to Carlisle United today.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 09:51:59 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1210 on: February 18, 2024, 09:37:14 AM »
Ash worth played for 90+1 minutes for Bolton yesterday and provided the cross for its equiliser.

Taylor was not called from the bench.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1211 on: February 21, 2024, 10:42:47 AM »
Caleb Taylor picked up a "nasty injury" last night according to the Bolton manager. Suspecting ankle ligament damage. Does it never end?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1212 on: February 21, 2024, 12:30:12 PM »
Caleb Taylor picked up a "nasty injury" last night according to the Bolton manager. Suspecting ankle ligament damage. Does it never end?

Unreal! Hope he’s ok and can be fit and firing for us for pre season or maybe back for Bolton if they’re in the play-offs
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1213 on: February 21, 2024, 12:57:41 PM »
All of the very best for a full and speedy recovery Caleb  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1214 on: February 24, 2024, 03:38:35 PM »
Grants scored for Cardiff today, think thats 5 for the season, need about 10 more from him

GrumpyBaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1215 on: February 25, 2024, 06:29:32 PM »
Faal scored for Walsall yesterday - and missed a sitter from 3 yards....

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1216 on: February 25, 2024, 08:06:01 PM »
Cardiff bought Robinson from us for £1.5m.

Would anyone take £1.5m for Grant if Cardiff offered that at the end of his loan?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1217 on: February 25, 2024, 08:12:59 PM »
Cardiff bought Robinson from us for £1.5m.

Would anyone take £1.5m for Grant if Cardiff offered that at the end of his loan?

I think CC wants him out so wouldn't surprise me

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1218 on: February 25, 2024, 08:33:16 PM »
I think CC wants him out so wouldn't surprise me

I would take any amount of money for him provided we were no longer indebted to Huddersfield. Just one of our many awful signings over recent years

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1219 on: February 25, 2024, 09:44:54 PM »
If it means him gone , I’d let Grant go for free .

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1220 on: February 25, 2024, 09:49:11 PM »
If it means him gone , I’d let Grant go for free .

Sadly we still owe two years payments on him i think. But getting him off the payroll would be significant.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:00:13 PM by KnaveofAlbion »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1221 on: February 25, 2024, 10:20:13 PM »
Sadly we still owe two years payments on him i think. But getting him off the payroll would be significant.

Yes the fee was spread over the 6 years so we owe somewhere in the region of 4-5m on him still

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1222 on: February 25, 2024, 11:47:20 PM »
Grant really needed for this loan to go well to revive his career and dig us out of a the financial hole. It hasn't gone well or at least not well enough for someone to spend money on him. He will be farmed out on loan again next season and if we are lucky we will get half his wages paid.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1223 on: February 27, 2024, 10:26:05 PM »
Faal with an assist tonight as Walsall continue their play off charge

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1224 on: March 02, 2024, 07:24:38 PM »
Mo Faal scores for Walsall against Doncaster because he has to