Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 300352 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #950 on: August 12, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »
Still expect them to come good but glad to see them struggling so far. They have spent a fair bit of money on players who have proven to be not quite good enough to be solid premier league players.

I'm hoping that they have bought too many of that type of player. Maybe if they all come together, their mediocrity will take over.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:36:36 AM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #951 on: August 12, 2018, 10:44:19 PM »
they (the fans) have seen through McLean pretty quickly.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #952 on: August 13, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »
they (the fans) have seen through McLean pretty quickly.

They’ve had years of us saying the same thing to help them

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #953 on: August 13, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »
They’ve had years of us saying the same thing to help them

as we did with Saido and Fletcher but they just don't listen.... ;D
MAGA!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #954 on: August 19, 2018, 08:22:23 AM »
just having my usual mooch round the Oatcake and very surprised to see a thread about how the PNE police on duty at their game used pepper spray on them in the concourse at half time. Whatever the reason using pepper spray in a confined space like that surely can't be how it should be used? http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/281768/pepper-spray-incident?page=1
I know Stoke still have a goodly selection of nutters but then so do we as do most if not all footie clubs but the idea of us visiting grounds we haven't been near for many years and them thinking its OK to pepper spray the ex prem upstarts is a trifle disturbing especially for the safety youngsters at games with parents. If I end up in a concourse at half time it's because I need access to a urinal not because I'm thinking of kicking a door open to go out for a fag
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #955 on: August 22, 2018, 09:23:29 PM »
Ooer...Losin 3-0 at home.  ;D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #956 on: August 22, 2018, 09:28:47 PM »
They’ve swapped from plan “B” to plan “C” and still no joy
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #957 on: August 22, 2018, 09:46:35 PM »
I'm enjoying this, I won't even lie.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #958 on: August 22, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »
losing 3-0 at home to Wigan is a hilarious result

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #959 on: August 22, 2018, 10:04:52 PM »
The Oatcake is worth a read right now thats for sure

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #960 on: August 22, 2018, 10:08:04 PM »

Was just going to say the same. . . Meltdown time.. Rowett out... McLean the worst stoke player of all time hs ha ha... Going down etc. ..
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #961 on: August 22, 2018, 10:56:59 PM »
lmao there's a thread about Berahino being their best player today, that really is GOLD.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #962 on: August 22, 2018, 11:11:24 PM »
Lost 0-3, Berahino substituted, Fletcher substituted, McClean booked. We really have taken them to the cleaners when it comes to transfers.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #963 on: August 22, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »
Had a quick glance as I'm bored. Best comment was that McClean makes dog sh** look like fillet steak  :D

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #964 on: August 23, 2018, 12:01:34 AM »
Rowett is a woeful manager, of all the young English managers coming through they've ended up with the biggest dinosaur of the generation. May as well have gone back down the Pulis/Lambert route, it really is a carbon copy: 

Heavily reliant on British-based signings (something that I worry about Moore)
Foreign players not trusted (Etebo, Bojan)
Old school 442 with central midfielders not suited to it (Fletcher-Allen)
Zero consideration of the age of the squad and players being signed

I thought they'd get promoted in spite of Rowett because their squad is easily the strongest in the league, thankfully I can't see that being the case anymore because he's frozen out all of their best foreign players and is persisting with the 'ard working British plodders.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #965 on: August 23, 2018, 12:32:46 AM »
lmao there's a thread about Berahino being their best player today, that really is GOLD.

Didn't watch the game personally but according to co commentator radio reports and comments posted online he had a decent game.

When he was taken off the Stokies started chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' to Rowett as they thought Afobe should have come off instead.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #966 on: August 23, 2018, 04:07:44 AM »
Rowett also admitted there had been a bust-up at half-time between goalkeeper Jack Butland, captain Ryan Shawcross and James McClean

Oh dear

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #967 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:58 AM »
Bambino, Fletcher and McClean we've certainly done a job on stoke  :D.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #968 on: August 23, 2018, 08:02:53 AM »
It says something when according to many Saido was the best one in their team last night. He is going to score soon........:)
MAGA!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #969 on: August 23, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
I do worry they will get a good result just in time to play us though, once the confidence starts for them they will pick up  :(

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #970 on: August 23, 2018, 08:19:08 AM »
Odds on him bagging his first Stoke goal against us ...  ::)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #971 on: August 23, 2018, 08:45:58 AM »
Stoke seem to be having the issue that I dreaded us having, in that a lot of their players seems to think they are still Premier league players and haven't been able to mentally adjust to playing in a league where everyone scraps for every point and there are very few weak teams. Being, virtually, every pundits pick for the title seems to have played into this ego trip as well. 

It's interesting reading comments on the Oatcake about Rowett. Most are unhappy with him from a tactics/team selection/recruitment angle whereas a smaller number are pointing the finger firmly at the players. Some fans are saying that they should have kept Lambert, some want Allardyce, some Pulis and even Moyes....all this while berating Rowett for being a dinosaur or a poor mans Pulis!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #972 on: August 23, 2018, 10:45:11 AM »
Stoke seem to be having the issue that I dreaded us having, in that a lot of their players seems to think they are still Premier league players and haven't been able to mentally adjust to playing in a league where everyone scraps for every point and there are very few weak teams. Being, virtually, every pundits pick for the title seems to have played into this ego trip as well. 

It's interesting reading comments on the Oatcake about Rowett. Most are unhappy with him from a tactics/team selection/recruitment angle whereas a smaller number are pointing the finger firmly at the players. Some fans are saying that they should have kept Lambert, some want Allardyce, some Pulis and even Moyes....all this while berating Rowett for being a dinosaur or a poor mans Pulis!

Wouldn't it be l;ovely to see them back where they were before the Coates cash appeared, non-entities !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #973 on: August 23, 2018, 12:01:17 PM »

I'll be perfectly honest here.

I've never wholly understood the fuss surrounding Mr Rowett's managerial talents.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #974 on: August 23, 2018, 12:11:00 PM »
Don't worry if bera  dared to score against us we would score more,because were better than them and we will beat them,they're still in the shadow of Pulis and have a young Pulis as manager