Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637061 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2375 on: February 01, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »
I don't believe a word this sociopath says anymore.

It's clearly all about him all the time and whatever he does he is pure as the driven snow. Your glib charm doesn't hide you anymore Pete.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:07:56 PM by GrGr »

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #2376 on: February 01, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »
Iam sure fans would welcome him back into the team if we were fighting it out at the bottom of the league lol.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2377 on: February 01, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
Iam sure fans would welcome him back into the team if we were fighting it out at the bottom of the league lol.
I'd rather have Steve Bull up front, that is all.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

jsam

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2378 on: February 01, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »
I've tried to be measured in making up my mind about all this - after all, no employee should be forced to stay in their job if they want to move to another employer.

BUT. Football ain't like that, and by any standard, Odemwingie has been an absolute idiot in the last three or four days. Whoever has been advising him wants shooting.

What's clear is that the man has made himself a total laughing stock in his chosen profession and among his fellow pros.

He should not, and will not, wear the sacred blue and white stripes again.

Remember the past - learn from it

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2379 on: February 01, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »

I wouldn't. To be honest I didn't mind our time in the championship and our yoyoing. It was fun to have a clear POSITIVE goal to play for (promotion) rather than the negative goal of avoiding relegation, and the greed league stinks. There are other values than playing PL football at any cost. Life goes on anyway whichever league we play in. 

albionpete92

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2380 on: February 01, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
I'd rather get relegated than stay up and have the club tainted by this money grabber
Boing! Boing!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2381 on: February 01, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
Sick of people saying the guy has bad advisors, there's a certain amount of common sense needed from him, even if he was advised badly. There must be a point where he thinks 'this is pretty stupid, why am I doing this?'
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:46:31 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2382 on: February 01, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
So who was actually in the car with PO when he did his interview at Loftus Road?
this struck me as strange at the time...........he seemed to be on his own,certainly he was in the drivers seat and from what i could see no sign of an entourage.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2383 on: February 01, 2013, 01:35:37 PM »
this struck me as strange at the time...........he seemed to be on his own,certainly he was in the drivers seat and from what i could see no sign of an entourage.

There was a black guy in the front passenger seat, possibly his agent.
Baggie in Southampton

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2384 on: February 01, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »
There was a black guy in the front passenger seat, possibly his agent.

That would be his minder - I have seen him before - goes nowhere without his minder.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2385 on: February 01, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
That would be his minder - I have seen him before - goes nowhere without his minder.

Does he really need one :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Statham4england

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2386 on: February 01, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »
He might need one now

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2387 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
Tweet from that bastion of common sense and doyen of all things sensible

If you woke up this morning thinking 'I don't want to go to work', just think, it could be worse, you could be Peter Odemwingie.!!

Mario Balotelli!!! ;D ;D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2388 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:47 PM »
Anyone still laughing ;D   He made a complete fool of himself and the whole nation is currently still laughing at him. What the hell what he thinking ?  There is no way back now. I would send him on loan to a Championship club or send him back to Russia. But after yesterdays events then I feel many clubs will be put off by the arrogant tw*t.
BOING BOING

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2389 on: February 01, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »

Does he really need one :D

In order to not fall down wells or put his tongue in electrical outlets or set himself on fire whilst cooking, I think whatever his minder helps him with, he's not being paid enough. He can't stop him doing ALL stupid things, but the fact he's not been killed in a Bear attack means Ol' Mental Pete can thank his carer.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2390 on: February 01, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,18305_8460243,00.html

For those who haven't heard this mornings outburst.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2391 on: February 01, 2013, 02:24:39 PM »
I'd rather get relegated than stay up and have the club tainted by this money grabber

That's just foolish, you'd risk the long term health of West Bromwich Albion because you don't like a certain player?  Frankly, that's insane.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2392 on: February 01, 2013, 02:28:49 PM »
Well its took him all night but he's finally got in the ground! :)

12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2393 on: February 01, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »
Let's be honest, the only real 'winners' here are QPR. Not really sure why that Bill Bailey chap has come on here to have a whinge because if I were a fan of theirs, I'd be extremely thankful that this deal hasn't gone through. I sincerely hope that they are punished for their role in this whole affair but I'm not holding my breath.

As for us, I am proud of the club for not bowing down to the disgraceful actions of Odemwingie, and I do believe that it was 100% the right thing to do as QPR never met our valuation. BUT we are stuck with a guy who many hope will never play for us again (myself included btw) and yet whose salary for the remainder of his contract adds up to roughly £3 million. On top of that who knows how damaging he may be for team morale.

My only hope now is that he manages to attract some interest from somewhere where the transfer window is still open, but who in their right mind would want him after this?

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2394 on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
I have just heard his interview with Sky and it is quite clear that he has no interest in playing for this Club again. The sooner we can ship him out - to one of the overseas clubs whose transfer window is open or to a Championship club - the better. He is a total bigoted waste of space and a very bad influence on the Club. I don't envy JP trying to sort out this mess he has got us into. At the end of the day the biggest losers financially are WBA.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:07:09 PM by royhan »

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2395 on: February 01, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
It is clearly obvious that PO & his advisers/agent and QPR - rubber face and Fernandes tried to manipulate the situation in getting him down to Loftus Road so they would think that JP would cave in and accept their offer. Wrong if you play hardball with JP there is only one winner, take note Odemgreedy! 

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2396 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »
Probably the least convincing, most poorly informed account of all. Poor attempt by QPR fan (and allegedly professional journalist) to blame West Brom for the outcome of Odemwingie's antics.

Apparently if we didn't want to lose him we shouldn't have even tried to negotiate.  So having unsuccessfully unsettled one of our players we are then not even entitled to try and get a decent deal to suit West Brom if he does go. The words cake and eat it come to mind. Truly blinkered and appalling. Full of assumptions of what happened, taking Odemwingie and Redknapp's word as gospel.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/queensparkrangers/id/657?cc=5739#

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2397 on: February 01, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »
Just put him on the bench for a home game so the fans can tell him how they feel. I would be disappointed if we never got the chance to.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2398 on: February 01, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
Probably the least convincing, most poorly informed account of all. Poor attempt by QPR fan (and allegedly professional journalist) to blame West Brom for the outcome of Odemwingie's antics.

Apparently if we didn't want to lose him we shouldn't have even tried to negotiate.  So having unsuccessfully unsettled one of our players we are then not even entitled to try and get a decent deal to suit West Brom if he does go. The words cake and eat it come to mind. Truly blinkered and appalling. Full of assumptions of what happened, taking Odemwingie and Redknapp's word as gospel.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/queensparkrangers/id/657?cc=5739#

Wow, that guy has done really well to produce such a pathetic article. At one point he accuses us of making the debacle too public, then pretending to be saints. Sorry mate, but no, that's Arry and Pete you need to be looking at you blinkered t***.

harrowbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2399 on: February 01, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »
just saw paul lamberts interview on sky,
he`s gone up in my esteem,
he reckons,  its ridiculous and " the dressing will room sort it out" !

Dare I say it , I`d rather QPR go down than Villa this year ?