Author Topic: Jordan Hugill loan ended  (Read 86186 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Jordan Hugill joins on loan
« Reply #600 on: December 27, 2021, 10:32:01 PM »
I know which bit you mean and I watched the replay, he's just standing around as the play is going on around him.  Doesn't look like he even knows where he should be at any moment in time.  As soon as Fellows made that run he should have been busting a gut to get in the box - instead he turns around and trots in.
To be fair, its a two way thing with crosses. Its partly down to the forward anticipating where the cross is going, and partly down to the crosser to pick out someone in the middle. Sometimes the better option is to cut the ball back to a forward a little way out.
But agreed, this bloke always seems to react too late.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #601 on: December 28, 2021, 12:06:40 AM »
To be fair, its a two way thing with crosses. Its partly down to the forward anticipating where the cross is going, and partly down to the crosser to pick out someone in the middle. Sometimes the better option is to cut the ball back to a forward a little way out.
But agreed, this bloke always seems to react too late.

That’s precisely what training is for.

Either way, Hugill has no sense of appreciation so I’m not sure training would help.

He’s just cumbersome in everything he does.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #602 on: January 03, 2022, 09:21:40 AM »
🎵Goodbyeee, goodbyeee, wipe a tear Hugill dear from your eye-ee🎵
🎵it’s not sad to see you go🎵
🎵we’ll be tickled to death to death you know🎵

Probably the worst so called ‘striker’ to wear the shirt of West Bromwich Albion - book a taxi now and make it a BOGOF with including Kenneth Zohore in the package.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: January 03, 2022, 09:25:14 AM »

Probably the worst so called ‘striker’ to wear the shirt of West Bromwich Albion - book a taxi now and make it a BOGOF with including Kenneth Zohore in the package.

As disasterous loans go, this one is second only to Sturridge as far as I am concerned.
MAGA!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #604 on: January 03, 2022, 11:02:54 AM »
As disasterous loans go, this one is second only to Sturridge as far as I am concerned.

At least I could see the reasoning behind Sturridge - if he had stayed fit (lol), then it would have been a superb signing.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #605 on: January 03, 2022, 11:45:39 AM »
At least I could see the reasoning behind Sturridge - if he had stayed fit (lol), then it would have been a superb signing.

Yep if Sturridge had remained fit we would have stayed up. Was definitely worht the gamble. Hopefully he gets called back to Norwich

Lara Crofts Butler

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #606 on: January 03, 2022, 12:47:33 PM »
For me Hugill will go down as one of the least impactful loan signings I have ever witnessed, and for me the worst ever when coupled with the amount of gametime he has been given at the detriment to some of our youth players in waiting who could have done far more with the opportunity.

I'm not of the Val out persuasion, but the amount of game time Hugill has been provided given how incredibly poor he is has baffled me.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #607 on: January 03, 2022, 01:01:17 PM »

For me Sturridge is worse because it cost us £4m and we knew his fitness was questionable. May have worked, we will never know. At least Hugill did not cost that much and scored a goal.

Fine margins and all that
MAGA!

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #608 on: January 03, 2022, 01:07:55 PM »

Paul Williams worse for me...no contest  ;D

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #609 on: January 03, 2022, 01:10:43 PM »
Paul Williams worse for me...no contest  ;D
Agree about Paul Williams. I saw him away at Palace as a new signing, and he tried a fancy flick with his heel that didn't come off. It went downhill from there.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #610 on: January 04, 2022, 01:31:03 PM »
Has he gone yet!?!  :-[
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #611 on: January 04, 2022, 01:35:12 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #612 on: January 04, 2022, 06:37:04 PM »
He was signing autographs for some kids at half time - he even missed the paper  :D
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #613 on: January 06, 2022, 11:52:03 AM »
...The number of people now who have asked me to take him back after a match is getting silly.  Come on now behave....

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #614 on: January 08, 2022, 09:02:35 AM »
Valerian Ismael reveals West Brom could end Jordan Hugill's loan deal

Lets hope, for all parties concerned, this comes to fruition as I'm sure it must also be a nightmare for the player as well.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2022/01/08/valerian-ismael-reveals-west-brom-could-end-jordan-hugills-loan-deal/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #615 on: January 08, 2022, 09:07:22 AM »
Hopefully Norwich do the right thing and call him back. It's been awful for everyone.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #616 on: January 08, 2022, 11:31:05 AM »
For me Sturridge is worse because it cost us £4m and we knew his fitness was questionable. May have worked, we will never know. At least Hugill did not cost that much and scored a goal.

Fine margins and all that

Hugill is useless but at least he has a go. Sturridge couldn't even be bothered. All that talent and the heart of a slug
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: January 08, 2022, 01:41:11 PM »
Valerian Ismael reveals West Brom could end Jordan Hugill's loan deal

Lets hope, for all parties concerned, this comes to fruition as I'm sure it must also be a nightmare for the player as well.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2022/01/08/valerian-ismael-reveals-west-brom-could-end-jordan-hugills-loan-deal/
I don't see the sense unless we bring someone else in. I know he's been rubbish but we have no-one else.
An injury to Dike and we could face the rest of the season with Phillips or Zohore up top.
This is the risk with putting all our eggs in the Dike basket, which every oppo manager and defender will be aware of, he gets crocked and we are back to square one with only non-scoring strikers to choose from.
That's why I think Cleary has to start today. If he does and has a decent game, maybe bags a goal, then at least Dike has a bit of competition or, at the very least, some back up.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #618 on: January 08, 2022, 02:08:51 PM »
I don't see the sense unless we bring someone else in. I know he's been rubbish but we have no-one else.
An injury to Dike and we could face the rest of the season with Phillips or Zohore up top.
This is the risk with putting all our eggs in the Dike basket, which every oppo manager and defender will be aware of, he gets crocked and we are back to square one with only non-scoring strikers to choose from.
That's why I think Cleary has to start today. If he does and has a decent game, maybe bags a goal, then at least Dike has a bit of competition or, at the very least, some back up.
Has someone kidnapped Robinson, grant, Diangana, cleary,Castro?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #619 on: January 08, 2022, 02:13:47 PM »
Robinson is amongst the non scoring strikers I referenced, Grant plays on the left, Grady on the right, Cleary hasn’t got a kick and Castro is a midfielder.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #620 on: January 08, 2022, 02:47:12 PM »

Ignoring the kids who are unlikely to get a chance, none of them are centre forwards. We need a back up to Dioe, Hugill is that person unless Norwich ask for him back (and if they do we need somebody in).
Boing Boing

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #621 on: January 08, 2022, 04:33:04 PM »
Send him back asap. No brainer. Worst six month cameo I have ever seen from an Albion striker.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #622 on: January 08, 2022, 05:26:48 PM »
I think his absence today means we can safely say he's gone, if Norwich want him back.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: January 08, 2022, 08:50:45 PM »
Send him back. Sure there is a whole host of strikers in league one that worth a punt over Hugil. Covid devastated finances of lower leagues and European leagues plenty of deals to be had.

Hopefully his none inclusion today is a sign he is on his way back
O Albion we love you

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #624 on: January 09, 2022, 06:16:29 PM »
Yes, I have to say, I for one won't be sorry if he goes back.
Nothing personal against the lad and he works really hard but thats really not enough is it.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.