Author Topic: 19 May 2021 Albion 1 West Ham United 3  (Read 19877 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2021, 10:42:12 PM »
I thought for seventy odd minutes we did OK tonight. They had the extra quality to win the game. Sorry to see Sam go. The hard work starts now.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2021, 10:44:58 PM »
With this defence we have absolutely no chance of early promotion from the Championship.
Total rebuild once our star players and loans leave and that could take a season or two or even longer.

Maybe Cedric Kipre could do a job..

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2021, 10:48:35 PM »
Was that Dawson barge on Townsend a case of anywhere else on the field and a free would have been given.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2021, 11:01:56 PM »
Bartley and Ajayi are not even good enough for the Championship

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2021, 11:23:22 PM »
I was out tonight drowning the season.
Followed it on my phone, how we continue to give away leads is astonishing.

I'm ok with Sam going; change is needed.
What worries me so very much is that we seem completely rudderless - I really fear for next year...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2021, 11:24:05 PM »
It’s not often that you see a player get in the way of a teammate’s pass or shot. We did it twice tonight.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2021, 11:24:31 PM »
I thought we did well tonight - we were well on top in that second half but just could not find that final bit of quality.

3-1 flatters West Ham but Yokuslu fell asleep on the corner and then we got caught on the break.

Connor Gallagher was excellent. Absolutely everywhere.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2021, 11:25:40 PM »
Not long home and make no comment about getting in or out of the ground, however I will say that about fifteen minutes in I knew we were back for real as the smell of freshly baked bread wafted in from across the Brummie road and settled over the stadium
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2021, 11:36:21 PM »
Not long home and make no comment about getting in or out of the ground, however I will say that about fifteen minutes in I knew we were back for real as the smell of freshly baked bread wafted in from across the Brummie road and settled over the stadium

Missed that smell mmmm

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2021, 11:38:32 PM »
google maps lists the bakery as busy have no idea why you can't buy anything from there.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2021, 11:49:57 PM »
A word of praise for the stewards tonight. I had a feeling they might be a bit over fussy but they certainly weren't where I was. Thought they handled the occasion really well.

Not sure why there were one way systems when they just let everyone out of the ground together. Leaving the ground was just like normal.

To be honest apart from the kiosks not being open it was pretty much like a normal matchday.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2021, 11:53:01 PM »
Apart from the queue to get in I agree Atomic.

It was an enjoyable experience if you take away the result ;D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2021, 11:55:39 PM »
Apart from the queue to get in I agree Atomic.

It was an enjoyable experience if you take away the result ;D

The queue to get in was confusing. I ended up in the wrong one and had to sneakily push in lol. Might be something to do with me having my ear phones in and not being able to hear what was going on.

In hindsight I dont see the point in having arrival times if you are going to have queues like that.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2021, 11:57:31 PM »
The queue to get in was confusing. I ended up in the wrong one and had to sneakily push in lol. Might be something to do with me having my ear phones in and not being able to hear what was going on.

In hindsight I dont see the point in having arrival times if you are going to have queues like that.

Yeah I was queueing in a giant queue to find out that was the block F queue not the block G queue which I had to join back of

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2021, 01:09:16 AM »
Just sort of didn't even try to go for it, caught flat footed  Not sure he's massively to blame but you do expect the keeper to be at challenging it when it's that close.

How'd Okay do now you can see his movement across the entire pitch?

Looked a very good player, his performance was somewhat hampered by his early booking.

Too good for the Championship.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2021, 01:29:01 AM »
Yeah I was queueing in a giant queue to find out that was the block F queue not the block G queue which I had to join back of

You could use all ES turnstiles irrespective of what block you were in mate.

The game was good, the fans were great, it was so weird, everyone was just happy to be there, no slagging off the players, or moans and groans, just getting behind the lads.

I'm torn on Pereira I'm desperate for him to stay, but he's so much better than the rest of our lads it must be hugely frustrating for him. A pleasure to get to see him maybe one last time. The defenders and keeper I still don't think are good enough. The Cresswell freekick alone will give any potential suitors for SJ serious pause for thought. Furlong, Bartley and Townsend never really nailed down a place in the Championship defence last season and Ajayi is just not capable of stepping up. He's a poor man's Leon Barnett, such a shame because he should have all the attributes.

YokuÅŸlu was so good in tight spaces and on the ball, his early yellow card hampered the defensive side of his game but he still didn't shirk responsibility. Connor Gallagher I described as an 'at-the-ground player' you have to watch him in person to see just how much ground he covers. He's also not as bad on the ball as it seems on TV (or maybe he just raised his game tonight).

The rest don't really warrant a mention they all did okay but not great.

I've documented by thoughts on the experience in the Ballot thread, but it was handled very well. More Texas than London if you get my drift...

Wonderful to be back  ;D

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2021, 06:53:14 AM »
I agree with all of that Jacko, and the smell of the bread was wonderful. Just great to be back.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2021, 09:19:33 AM »
You could use all ES turnstiles irrespective of what block you were in mate.

Not what the head steward walking down the line told us but wish i'd known. No bother in the end though  :D

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2021, 09:20:36 AM »
Really enjoyed being back.

Thought we played well for most of the game but our lack of a real goal scorer was in the end the difference. Pereira MoM but Gallagher was really good and Townsend put in some decent crosses.
Phillips made some decent runs and HRK was busy and both were effective for about 60 mins.

Thought the subs were far too late. Should have made 3 subs with 20 to go. Diagne for HRK, Robinson for Phillips and Diangana for AMN.

Surprised a little by Allardyce's decision. Just hope it's not Wilder lined up.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2021, 09:22:27 AM »
Really enjoyed being back.

Thought we played well for most of the game but our lack of a real goal scorer was in the end the difference. Pereira MoM but Gallagher was really good and Townsend put in some decent crosses.
Phillips made some decent runs and HRK was busy and both were effective for about 60 mins.

Thought the subs were far too late. Should have made 3 subs with 20 to go. Diagne for HRK, Robinson for Phillips and Diangana for AMN.

Surprised a little by Allardyce's decision. Just hope it's not Wilder lined up.

You just know it is though don't you.......... :(
MAGA!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2021, 08:54:31 PM »
Look for a tall bloke in cricket whites sporting a man bun, there can be only one......

I'm on the fan return video the Albion have put on their socials today   ;D