Author Topic: Andi Weimann signs on loan official  (Read 9367 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Andi Weimann signs on loan official
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2024, 02:25:44 PM »
To old why are we signing over-the-hill players was the general shout when we signed him, early days but 2 goals and an assist already.
What he does have is that natural finishing ability that we have been lacking all season.
Already proving a shrewd addition to the squad.

It was an illogical knee jerk shout at the time. We signed a player with massive experience at this level with a strong goal record (exactly what we needed) on loan for three months, which negated the age issue entirely and did that working without any budget of note, i.e. hardly in a position to have our pick of talent. You would think from the reaction of a few when we signed him that we had given him a 3 year deal. Let's hope he can continue to chip in with a few more goals. Lot of credit to Jed Wallace for the ball in as well - perfectly direction and pace to cut out their back four and keeper. Fairly straightforward finish for Weimann but only because he has timed his run to perfection to stay onside.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Weimann signs on loan official
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2024, 02:51:24 PM »
I think he'll chip in with a few goals from the bench and offer maybe something different as he's generally done well against us over the years.

Stand by what I said at the time.

He's done what I expected.

Nice to be right for once so i'm milking it  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2024, 03:33:29 PM »
It was an illogical knee jerk shout at the time. We signed a player with massive experience at this level with a strong goal record (exactly what we needed) on loan for three months, which negated the age issue entirely and did that working without any budget of note, i.e. hardly in a position to have our pick of talent. You would think from the reaction of a few when we signed him that we had given him a 3 year deal. Let's hope he can continue to chip in with a few more goals. Lot of credit to Jed Wallace for the ball in as well - perfectly direction and pace to cut out their back four and keeper. Fairly straightforward finish for Weimann but only because he has timed his run to perfection to stay onside.
Fully agree and yes it was a great ball in by Jed but Weimann timed his run to perfection just staying onside and arriving in the right spot at the right time to just glide the ball into the net, I don't see any other Albion player doing that.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2024, 05:32:30 PM »
2 great poachers finishes from him so far, just what we have been lacking.

Fingers crossed it continues, and doesn't fall over a kids bike or something equally unfortunate.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2024, 09:16:38 PM »
Can Andi play vs Bristol on Saturday?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2024, 09:17:56 PM »

If we have him on loan then I imagine not. Presuming we sold TGH to them, he’ll be able to play against us.

Hopefully no Sam Field repeats  :-X

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2024, 09:53:02 PM »

He signed for us on loan, i checked my opening post on this thread so he will be out.

Good job BTA back as he might need to do another 90 mins already. Potential for Marshall to reappear too i guess