Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123445 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1450 on: February 04, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
Fancy him to get on the score sheet today

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1451 on: February 04, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »
Taken fro the Oatcake after the game

"What a performance from Rondon. That's how you play a lone centre forward role. Sometimes you hold your hands up and say well done."

I love the bloke, does not always make the right decision and he certainly isnt a predatory finisher but in our team he is excellent. Give me a player like this every day of the week over the nonsense we just got rid of.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1452 on: February 04, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »
He was absolutely superb today. Costa aside there is no one better at the role he plays.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1453 on: February 04, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »
Worked tirelessly today with too little support yet again

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1454 on: February 04, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »
As much as he had an ok game today, think he still goes down too easy for a big bloke. Also missed a few decent chances today that you'd fancy him to score.

Showed some good pace towards the end and did everything right for Livermore's chance

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1455 on: February 04, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »
Excellent performance today. Such a shame he didn't get the goal his play deserved. His hold up play was different class.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1456 on: February 04, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
He was absolutely superb today. Costa aside there is no one better at the role he plays.

Worked really hard but I thought he was poor. Other than his fantastic burst and pass to Livermore, his passing wasn't up to scratch. Still played his part in a solid team win.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1457 on: February 04, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »
He held the ball up really well today.  Even the stokies are saying the ball stuck to him like glue.

Not sure what happened with the sub but it was the right decision to keep him on. He had a few more bits of work to get through and helped ease the pressure towards the end.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1458 on: February 04, 2017, 07:01:40 PM »
Wouldn't it be beneficial to bring his family over ? Could the club help with this ?
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1459 on: February 04, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »
Worked really hard but I thought he was poor. Other than his fantastic burst and pass to Livermore, his passing wasn't up to scratch. Still played his part in a solid team win.

Not sure what game you were watching tbh pal. His hold up play and strength in protecting the balls up to him were superb. The Stoke fans are raving about him on the Oatcake and even Mark Hughes gave him a mention (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04rwyz5).

Not sure what else you want from a lone striker?

"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1460 on: February 04, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »
just needs to put the ball in the net more often , had 2 great chances today .

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1461 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »
Anyone having ago at this striker is balmy The man puts in a fantastic shift he is the perfect front man for us great team player and agree with the jacko only Costa better in the role he play`s

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1462 on: February 04, 2017, 08:47:50 PM »
Massive performance by Ron today on how the role "Lone Forward" should be played.
Can i ask if the Played onside rule still apply, i mean he was offside for the goal he scored but it came off a stokie player

What a battle he had with Shawcross to.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1463 on: February 04, 2017, 08:49:39 PM »
Anyone who doesn't rate this guy doesn't watch enough football. We won't be able to sign anyone better for the role he plays.

If he was more clinical with his feet then he wouldn't be here, the same reason why Diego Costa isn't.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1464 on: February 04, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »
Was surprised by a couple of fans around me who moaned about him throughout the game. He was being bear hugged by Shawcross and Martins-I most of the game. Sometimes it pays to look at what he does compared to the opposition central attackers....he does put in a hell of a shift and gets us into the right areas.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1465 on: February 04, 2017, 09:49:45 PM »
Was surprised by a couple of fans around me who moaned about him throughout the game. He was being bear hugged by Shawcross and Martins-I most of the game. Sometimes it pays to look at what he does compared to the opposition central attackers....he does put in a hell of a shift and gets us into the right areas.

He also brings into play his team mates

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1466 on: February 04, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »
I honestly cannot understand the criticism of Rondon by some people. He is a completete beast. I read other fans forums after we have played them, just out of interest really, but almost all of them wish they had Rondon. I love the guy

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1467 on: February 05, 2017, 12:33:57 AM »
Not sure what game you were watching tbh pal. His hold up play and strength in protecting the balls up to him were superb. The Stoke fans are raving about him on the Oatcake and even Mark Hughes gave him a mention (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04rwyz5).

Not sure what else you want from a lone striker?

Yeah, and I've read their comments on the Oatcake. He ran after every ball and gave 100% but I just felt he lacked quality in the final third. There were moments when we had great counter attack opportunities but his choice of pass let him down. I do agree though in a team where it really is a 'lone forward', it is thankless task.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1468 on: February 05, 2017, 01:18:52 AM »
Just needs a lucky break and a goal.
O Albion we love you

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1469 on: February 05, 2017, 08:34:25 AM »

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1470 on: February 05, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
Just needs a lucky break and a goal.
He had a terrifically lucky break when he got his hayrick but still didn't kick on,love the guy and his attitude but he will never be any better than what he is now but still a keeper with another forward who is a bit better and will hopefully push him on a bit more

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1471 on: February 13, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »
time to give someone else ago
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1472 on: February 13, 2017, 06:59:06 PM »

Any suggestions? :D

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1473 on: February 13, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »

Problem is we've only really got him and HRK. I still think he's better than HRK but neither are natural goal scorers so to speak

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1474 on: February 13, 2017, 07:52:41 PM »

Eh! :o Lucky to have a forward of his quality!
Baggie in Southampton