Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 760976 times)

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3525 on: September 05, 2019, 02:37:56 PM »
So just proves brunt and many others played when then wanted to play and didn't when they didn't fancy it... As we all knew they had to much say in the dressing room... Well all have gone apart from the wand and thank god its coming to an end and defiently don't miss him now... Good riddance "legend"
I don’t think it says that at all, it’s basically saying they played how they were told to but the instructions were that poor no one knew what they were doing so they spoke up when asked by the chairman.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3526 on: September 05, 2019, 02:57:43 PM »
I don’t think it says that at all, it’s basically saying they played how they were told to but the instructions were that poor no one knew what they were doing so they spoke up when asked by the chairman.

How many managers bemoan "when they cross the white line you have no control"
Well, that cuts both ways, why couldn't CB and pals do what they "knew" was right when they were on the pitch ????
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3527 on: September 05, 2019, 05:13:49 PM »
How many managers bemoan "when they cross the white line you have no control"
Well, that cuts both ways, why couldn't CB and pals do what they "knew" was right when they were on the pitch ????
Possibly the fear of being dropped. Fear of the manager. Fear of doing your own thing and being at fault for losing. The manager/coach is there for reason. To be obeyed. It’s the same in every industry.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3528 on: September 05, 2019, 05:59:31 PM »
Possibly the fear of being dropped. Fear of the manager. Fear of doing your own thing and being at fault for losing. The manager/coach is there for reason. To be obeyed. It’s the same in every industry.

yep, he even says in the interview that under Pulis you either did it his way or you were dropped.

Brunt has been a great servant to the club but his time has come and when everyone is fit and up to speed I don't even see a place for him on the bench.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3529 on: September 06, 2019, 08:56:26 AM »

I get that with one player being a maverick, BUT, when the team are struggling surely the senior players should change things in an effort to turn it around and not just blindly continue doing what is not working?

Any player or manager worth their salt (strange expression) should accept that surely ?
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3530 on: September 06, 2019, 09:01:37 AM »
The article is very much an end of career piece in that it is probably franker than it might otherwise be, Brunt knows he has this season and maybe no more there is a sense that the player wants to set the record straight.

Much of what is in the article is generally known and obviously Brunt is not going to paint himself the villain in his own story. There is quite a bit to pick at if I wanted but I am done with it. For the first time maybe since Clarke there is a proper sense of renewal at the club, the squad is younger the coach has a sense of direction and the more importantly the squad aligns with that direction and Brunt as is natural not central to it.

Yesterday has gone all we can hope that we have learned something along the way and don't repeat the mistakes of the past.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3531 on: September 06, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
I get that with one player being a maverick, BUT, when the team are struggling surely the senior players should change things in an effort to turn it around and not just blindly continue doing what is not working?

Any player or manager worth their salt (strange expression) should accept that surely ?

That assumes the managers to be logical, and not ego-driven. If a player isn't doing what they want, they will drop him - even if what he's doing is for the better.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3532 on: September 06, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »

without re-reading i think Brunt mentioned that Pardew was known for getting a bounce so were expecting it to suddenly click and work out, which it didn’t in the end.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3533 on: September 06, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »

Report to who? I thought Pardrew got the job as he was chums with someone on the board.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3534 on: September 06, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
Report to who? I thought Pardrew got the job as he was chums with someone on the board.

He worked with Hammond at Reading I believe.

I was hoping brunt would set the record straight on that trip to Barcelona as the small snippets I read suggest that Pardew was involved in some of the dramas that went on..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3535 on: September 06, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »

Sorry, I'm confused by your question, my point wasn't about reporting stuff, it was about adapting tactics on the pitch
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3536 on: September 06, 2019, 05:34:18 PM »
The article is very much an end of career piece in that it is probably franker than it might otherwise be, Brunt knows he has this season and maybe no more there is a sense that the player wants to set the record straight.

Much of what is in the article is generally known and obviously Brunt is not going to paint himself the villain in his own story. There is quite a bit to pick at if I wanted but I am done with it. For the first time maybe since Clarke there is a proper sense of renewal at the club, the squad is younger the coach has a sense of direction and the more importantly the squad aligns with that direction and Brunt as is natural not central to it.

Yesterday has gone all we can hope that we have learned something along the way and don't repeat the mistakes of the past.
Short and to the point
Damn good speech sir
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 06:32:00 PM by Dexy »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3537 on: September 12, 2019, 11:29:10 AM »
Good example of professionalism in the article linked below..........

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/september2/brunt-on-importance-of-maintaining-match-sharpness/

........ good to see, especially when compared to the attitudes of some of our former players.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3538 on: December 30, 2019, 01:17:00 PM »
Just seen he's trending on Twitter. Opta have published the top Premier League stats for the decade, and he's tenth on the assists list, leading to a bit of admiration (and some incredulity) from fans.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3539 on: December 30, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »
Just seen he's trending on Twitter. Opta have published the top Premier League stats for the decade, and he's tenth on the assists list, leading to a bit of admiration (and some incredulity) from fans.
Not suprised really when nobody else was allowed to take any set piece especially when we was playing land of the giants football most of our goals put the ball in the box and hope someone gets on the end of... Hasn't done anything for about 4 seasons and can't wait for him to leave in May.. Overrated

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3540 on: December 30, 2019, 04:39:23 PM »
Why West Brom assist king Chris Brunt is trending in the UK

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-assist-king-chris-17489428

What a servant Chris Brunt has been to our club!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3541 on: December 30, 2019, 04:53:50 PM »
Not suprised really when nobody else was allowed to take any set piece especially when we was playing land of the giants football most of our goals put the ball in the box and hope someone gets on the end of... Hasn't done anything for about 4 seasons and can't wait for him to leave in May.. Overrated

Wait until Jacko sees that  :P

In all seriousness, if you think it's just because he took the set-pieces then I think you need to go back and watch some of those games. Pulled our strings whenever we went forward.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3542 on: December 30, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »
Our plan B of late seems to involve crosses into the box looking for Austin , I think we could do a lot worse than bringing Brunt on for 30 mins and letting him swing a few in from the left.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3543 on: December 30, 2019, 06:51:39 PM »
Has been a tremendous servant and a good player. Would be a negative move to play him now in my view, other than maybe as left back when Gibbs is not available.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3544 on: December 30, 2019, 06:52:23 PM »
Our plan B of late seems to involve crosses into the box looking for Austin , I think we could do a lot worse than bringing Brunt on for 30 mins and letting him swing a few in from the left.
Certainly not the worst idea, there's no point giving him a contract extension if he's not used to our advantages.

Anyway, it's a great achievement for him. Had we stayed up he may of finished 7th on the list or so which is fantastic considering the names on the there.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3545 on: December 30, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »
Certainly not the worst idea, there's no point giving him a contract extension if he's not used to our advantages.

Anyway, it's a great achievement for him. Had we stayed up he may of finished 7th on the list or so which is fantastic considering the names on the there.

Would love to see him and GMac brought in to pass on their undoubted expertise in set piece delivery and attacking heading.  Was worth 15 goals a season in the PL and we are pretty poor in those situations now. Those two (plus Dawson) were outstanding.

If we could get our CBs to attack on the air like those two to get on the end of wicked dead balls that’s well worth having.  Brunty has so much to offer on passing on his skills.

One of the few areas where Pulis was ahead of the rest, and we should not let those skills go to waste.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3546 on: December 30, 2019, 08:31:05 PM »
There always seems to a be a big split between pro and against on here regardless of the topic

For me brunt was a fantastic left footed left sided midfielder who also adapted and gave good service as a left sided full back
He should never be allowed a place in the centre of the park because he cannot play that role, that said , recently I would quite like to have him on the left of midfield for the last 30 mins and especially to take corners/ deliver crosses
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3547 on: December 30, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »

Agreed. If we are slinging it in the box for the last 20 why the hell not. Krovonovic is very tidy and busy but he doesnt do much with regards to defence splitting passes.
O Albion we love you

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3548 on: December 30, 2019, 09:25:10 PM »
I would be interested to know how many assists he has for albion he must be close on 75. He is stuck on 48 goals as well be nice for him to get the last 2. 10/20 min cameos here a d there this season might see him hit 450 games also.

It's a disgrace that there still has been no talk of his and morrisons testimonials
O Albion we love you

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3549 on: December 31, 2019, 01:31:23 AM »
I would be interested to know how many assists he has for albion he must be close on 75. He is stuck on 48 goals as well be nice for him to get the last 2. 10/20 min cameos here a d there this season might see him hit 450 games also.

It's a disgrace that there still has been no talk of his and morrisons testimonials

Career record across clubs and career courtesy of Transfermarkt.........

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-brunt/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/36814
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.