Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718258 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #450 on: March 13, 2019, 01:23:45 PM »
Cut the pathetic comments stuff please folks
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

walter baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #451 on: March 13, 2019, 02:06:17 PM »
Carvalhal and Moyes now 'serious' candidates according to it.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/13/report-west-brom-considering-carlos-carvalhal-and-david-moyes-wi/

Didn't Moyes knock us back before when his stock was higher?

Carvalhal did well at Swansea had a bit of a bounce ,but still got relegated ,but did well in this division with shelf wed !!

bangeminbob

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #452 on: March 13, 2019, 03:04:43 PM »
There’s only one in my opinion Jose moriniho see how good a manger he is with this lot.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #453 on: March 13, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »
Anyone holding their breath for an announcement prior to the game later?.....Me neither!!  :D

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #454 on: March 13, 2019, 03:54:23 PM »
Has sacking Moore in the fashion we did put off new managers? Who would want to take the poised chalice now we are nobodies preferred team to win the playoffs. According to some, we have the best team in the league so it should be dead easy to get automatic or win the playoffs especially as we have a decent run in, the susurelyny half competent manager can do this?

(Some of this may be tongue in cheek, but my point stands why are they not beating our door down)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:00:21 PM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #455 on: March 13, 2019, 04:08:26 PM »
If this report is true the board should get Moore back then all resign one by one.
What was the point in removing Moore from his duties then appointing an Academy coach as manager until the end of the season?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reliable-journalist-issues-important-update-on-west-broms-managerial-hunt/

If Smith was the issue they should have just got rid of him
I struggle to see the argument that jones was the issue, at the end of the day Moore was number 1, only he can allow his number 2 to have such an influence.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #456 on: March 13, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
It may be we are holding out for Wagner in the summer but i am not sure he would join even if we were in the premier league.

His stock is pretty high at the moment, he was linked with the Leicester job not long ago, he did miracles at Huddersfield and probably left at the right time but even if we did go up and he did join, he would be faced with a similar type job he had at Huddersfield so i am not really sure its a career progression for him.

I would be surprised if Moyes was interested, if it had been after his time at Sunderland he may of been interested it but he rebuilt his reputation at West Ham and again i would imagine could probably target better jobs than a promotion chasing club or newly promoted club (a brighton or burnley type job, not necessarily them but clubs of their standing) I would put Allardyce in the same catergory too.

We probably do need somebody who has a track record of decent football and if they come in now or if we dont go up, somebody who has a promotion pedigree, it may buy them more time than previous managers and if that is the case Jokanovic seems the standout realistic one but he doesnt stay at clubs long, often of his own accord.

The big worry is we go for a name who has struggled at numerous clubs, ie - Mark Hughes.

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #457 on: March 13, 2019, 04:24:00 PM »
What have they done to my beautiful Baggies
Sack the manager without a clue who to replace him with.
Put Shan in charge for the rest of the season.
We are the laughing stock of the league again.
Bet the Dogheads are loving this
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #458 on: March 13, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
Is he the right man for our Precious?
What would Bilbo Baggies-ins think?

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #459 on: March 13, 2019, 04:35:32 PM »
I disagreed with Moore’s sacking entirely. The only way the board could justify it was to have a replacement ready to go. The whole thing is baffling but then again it’s West Bromwich Albion. The reason given my Moore’s sacking (or implied reason) was we have to go up this season due to finances. Why take this time to mess around.
I don’t have much hope the people running the club know what they are doing. Before Moore we have had Pardew, Pulis, Pepe Mel and Alan Irvine...

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #460 on: March 13, 2019, 04:40:39 PM »
I can see Big Sam coming in till the end of the season

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #461 on: March 13, 2019, 05:00:38 PM »

I hope you're not a Clairvoyant.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #462 on: March 13, 2019, 05:13:17 PM »

I can't. I get the distinct impression that Big Sam hates us!

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #463 on: March 13, 2019, 05:15:44 PM »
Anyone holding their breath for an announcement prior to the game later?.....Me neither!!  :D

A cynic might say they will do it after to avoid any negativity in the stadium . Especially if it’s as underwhelming as an Appleton for example .

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #464 on: March 13, 2019, 06:46:17 PM »
Has Jakanovich turned us down then?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #465 on: March 13, 2019, 06:59:06 PM »
What is becoming clear is that the club had no plan in place when they sacked Moore. They could see the risk of us not getting promotion, they know we have made no steps towards long term planning, they could see that (despite the pre January results) we had rarely looked good this season or dominated a game and they could see the direction we were going in results wise, but they still haven't had a plan bubbling under the surface. Had we made a quick move for somebody, promotion may well have been a possibility, but the sideshiw we are seeing now sums us up.

This just shows how deep the clubs problems are.

There are a number of other clubs fans (and journalists) whi have said they really hope we get relegated from the championship next summer, and while i really want us to prove them wrong and show we made the right call, it's starting to look like we are a bit of a Sunderland. Worrying.
Boing Boing

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #467 on: March 13, 2019, 07:48:13 PM »
What is becoming clear is that the club had no plan in place when they sacked Moore. They could see the risk of us not getting promotion, they know we have made no steps towards long term planning, they could see that (despite the pre January results) we had rarely looked good this season or dominated a game and they could see the direction we were going in results wise, but they still haven't had a plan bubbling under the surface. Had we made a quick move for somebody, promotion may well have been a possibility, but the sideshiw we are seeing now sums us up.

This just shows how deep the clubs problems are.

There are a number of other clubs fans (and journalists) whi have said they really hope we get relegated from the championship next summer, and while i really want us to prove them wrong and show we made the right call, it's starting to look like we are a bit of a Sunderland. Worrying.

We are nothing like a Sunderland.  They went down with around £200m
of debt

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #468 on: March 13, 2019, 07:50:22 PM »
If we haven't approached him yet and he is apparently on the wanted list, it suggests we are no further forward than still thinking about who we want. If so, this is crazy! There is a chance we could do well under Shan, but it is a major gamble putting him in for crucial matches. It looks like we wont be sorting it out until the international break.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #469 on: March 13, 2019, 10:30:55 PM »
So..... what about if James Shan wins again at Brentford on Saturday ? How far-fetched would it be to let him in charge for the last 8 games ??   Not so far-fetched I would think.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #470 on: March 13, 2019, 10:33:30 PM »
So..... what about if James Shan wins again at Brentford on Saturday ? How far-fetched would it be to let him in charge for the last 8 games ??   Not so far-fetched I would think.

The club would get absolute pelters, especially if we don't win the play offs.

Still nothing would surprise me regards Jenkins.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #471 on: March 13, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »

If he wins on Saturday, I'm not sure there is much point in appointing a new manager, we may as well play to our strengths for the rest of the season, where ever that takes us.
Baggie in Southampton

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #472 on: March 13, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »
I think James Shan showed himself to be tactically astute this evening.  Whereas DM was strictly 4-3-3 and the top 3 stayed upfield all game, JRod and Murphy definitely played deeper for large chunks of the game tonight when we were defending.

And he had the good sense to swap Gayle into a central role.

He also made an noticeable tactical adjustment at half time - it was obvious during the first half the Swansea were creating havoc in the space between our midfield and back four. But that threat almost completely disappeared in the second half, due to Shan adjusting where Brunt/Livermore spent most of their time.
Well done James Shan. You played the proverbial blinder this evening.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #473 on: March 13, 2019, 11:01:59 PM »
Go and get Jokanovic. Make him the highest paid person in the club if we have too. What role is more important than the managers position? Proven track record at this level, fantastic style of football. Absolute no brainer.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #474 on: March 13, 2019, 11:04:24 PM »
Go and get Jokanovic. Make him the highest paid person in the club if we have too. What role is more important than the managers position? Proven track record at this level, fantastic style of football. Absolute no brainer.

Amen to that Scoob.  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.