Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535603 times)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1075 on: October 27, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »
i can't see him going to Liverpool they have Divock Origi who they loaned out to Lillie coming back next year

He looked pants from what i saw of him in the week against Everton.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1076 on: October 27, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »
If a club came in with 25million in January then I would snap their hands off.

If we reject it and Saido goes on to have a poor rest of the season then there is no way he would fetch that money in the summer.

you sound like a finance director. not a football fan.

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1077 on: October 27, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
I think we all know £25mill would be enough.
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »
I think we all know £25mill would be enough.

No we don't.

A direct replacement would be £12-15 minimum. Selling him to make a small profit would be very short sighted. Young, British, Scoring.... Worth more than money to us and I'd be very surprised at a sale this Jan.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1079 on: October 28, 2014, 12:51:09 AM »
No we don't.

A direct replacement would be £12-15 minimum. Selling him to make a small profit would be very short sighted. Young, British, Scoring.... Worth more than money to us and I'd be very surprised at a sale this Jan.

We'd definitely sell at £25 million. The direct replacement is Ideye, that's the Albion for you.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1080 on: October 28, 2014, 02:30:23 AM »
we would HAVE to sell at 25 mil because we could not possibly make him so unhappy - I'm all for fighting player power but stopping a move to Liverpool or Arsenal is going too far and is in no-ones best interest.

aside from all of that its the right thing to do anyway - sure he may kick on and score goals all his acreer but at least 30% chance he turns out to be a flash in the pan.

Does make the 10 we paid for Brown a look a bit toppytho doesnt it.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1081 on: October 28, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »
No we don't.

cant believe that anyone thinks we will actually have a choice in whether to sell or not

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1082 on: October 28, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
if he keeps this form up he'll be gone next summer. really hope he doesn't go in Jan.

if he gets 15-20 goals + couple of england caps, we should easily get £25m for him.

valleybaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1083 on: October 28, 2014, 09:38:55 AM »
Don't know if he will want to go in the summer he may have his head screwed on and at least have another season where he can develop and the fans will give him time and not be waiting for results straight away. I also doubt very much he'll leave for anyone in January has he's currently scoring freely for us and as anyone knows it won't matter how much we get for him you can't buy anyone decent in the January sales

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1084 on: October 28, 2014, 10:37:59 AM »
Definitely wouldn't sell him at all. Whatever the money, he's a goalscorer and you don't find many of those. If we haven't progressed as a club and are no where near Europe in the next couple of seasons then I won't begrudge him a move away if he has outgrown us. It would have to be a big offer though as we are in a strong position financially.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

wbatillidie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1085 on: October 28, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
Lets be honest there's no way we would turn down £25 million.
"You'll never get past Claudio"

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1086 on: October 28, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
does anyone know DEFINITAVELY what minimum % of a transfer fee a player gets?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1087 on: October 28, 2014, 02:42:23 PM »
It's easy to say we should not sell him no matter what the price but if a genuine big offer came in, it would be hard for a club of our size to turn down.

Going on the crazy prices paid for british players recently I would say £25million was about where that offer becomes tempting.

However, there isn't a club at the moment that I would say would be willing to splash that on him and that's why I think he will stay at least until the summer.

I would love him to stay, become and Albion legend and win a couple of trophies but sadly it don't work like that anymore and he'll be off as soon as a tempting offer comes his way, no matter how much he comes out and says different.

The risk of course of not selling is that he is a one season wonder or he gets injured and ends up like Ishmael Miller did.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1088 on: October 28, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »
It's easy to say we should not sell him no matter what the price but if a genuine big offer came in, it would be hard for a club of our size to turn down.

Going on the crazy prices paid for british players recently I would say £25million was about where that offer becomes tempting.

However, there isn't a club at the moment that I would say would be willing to splash that on him and that's why I think he will stay at least until the summer.

I would love him to stay, become and Albion legend and win a couple of trophies but sadly it don't work like that anymore and he'll be off as soon as a tempting offer comes his way, no matter how much he comes out and says different.

The risk of course of not selling is that he is a one season wonder or he gets injured and ends up like Ishmael Miller did.

Exactly what I think but got called a Finance Director!  ;D

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1089 on: October 28, 2014, 05:10:24 PM »

Of course it's a risk, if he was 100% going to have a similar goalscoring record over the next 12 years like Defoe for a random example, then in the modern market that's worth £30mill all day long. We risk by selling him and they risk by buying him.

If you have a guy scoring 15+ Prem goals a season in your team you'd be hard pressed to go down. You'd like to go Mowbray in the defence. He's worth more here than mere money, but if he won't sign a contract (no reason to believe he won't) then we may have to sell to be prudent.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1090 on: October 28, 2014, 05:20:57 PM »
Why would we accept £25 million from the Scousers when they were happy to pay £50 million for Andy Carroll?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1091 on: October 28, 2014, 06:26:40 PM »
Why would we accept £25 million from the Scousers when they were happy to pay £50 million for Andy Carroll?

It was £35 mil for Carroll they sold Torres for £50 mil to Chelski.

Personally think £25 mil is about right.  We'll need a good percentage of that to bring in another equivalent striker who is perhaps more proven.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1092 on: October 28, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »
Exactly what I think but got called a Finance Director!  ;D
sell sell sell sell sell!

:D

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1093 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:03 PM »

It was £35 mil for Carroll they sold Torres for £50 mil to Chelski.

Personally think £25 mil is about right.  We'll need a good percentage of that to bring in another equivalent striker who is perhaps more proven.

Ah yes that's correct, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:45:29 PM by Dexy »

edrob

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1094 on: October 31, 2014, 06:05:33 PM »
He has to do it consistently over a long period to be worth the kind of money being talked about here

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1095 on: October 31, 2014, 07:36:10 PM »
He has to do it consistently over a long period to be worth the kind of money being talked about here

That's just not true. Calum Chambers.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: November 03, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
and that bizarre panic buy of Andy Carroll

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1097 on: November 03, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
does anyone know DEFINITAVELY what minimum % of a transfer fee a player gets?

It's dependant on their contract, but common practice is 10%, unless they hand in a transfer request, in which case it's 0% (which is the whole point of the fuss behind transfer requests/plus it's a public deceleration.

As the contract he signed was a 1st proper one after being a youth, i doubt there's anything special in it.

Silver Thostle

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1098 on: November 04, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
Strong rumours around the stadium, Said could be off in Jan for £25m+, top PL teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs all sniffing, and with Brown waiting in wings, they could well accept.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1099 on: November 04, 2014, 02:55:21 PM »
Strong rumours around the stadium, Said could be off in Jan for £25m+, top PL teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs all sniffing, and with Brown waiting in wings, they could well accept.

Round the stadium? Is there a game on we don't know of?