Author Topic: Dear Mr Hodgson.  (Read 9959 times)

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Dear Mr Hodgson.
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 03:45:49 PM »
We had 54% possession to Norwich's 46%

We created 16 chances to Norwich's 7

10 corners to Norwich's 5

Stats don't always tell the truth but come on who wants to claim those stats tell we created nothing and played defensively?

Personally I'm happy to hear a few people saying they won't be watching us anymore. Good riddance we need fans who back the boys not boo at half time when we have gone behind to a fluke counter attack when we have had more than the majority of play.

Stats mean nothing, Goals do. Norwich scored 2 we scored 1, thats all that matters in football. Simple
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 03:48:27 PM »
Stats mean nothing, Goals do. Norwich scored 2 we scored 1, thats all that matters in football. Simple

Yet you make numerous posts on the previous page moaning about 'dull, negative football' make your mind up. I bet you weren't moaning after the Man City game.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 03:51:14 PM »
Its alright having 16 'chances' but I can only really remember their 'keeper making one save of note and another was cleared off the line.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »
Yet you make numerous posts on the previous page moaning about 'dull, negative football' make your mind up. I bet you weren't moaning after the Man City game.

We are not winning games playing dull football, thats my point  >:(

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 03:56:31 PM »
No coincidence we are missing our most creative midfielder then? The one loads of fans were saying we didn't need.

Add to the mix having half the squad either trying to get match fit or recovering from injury and you can easilly see why there is a problem with balance at the moment.

How long can we continuously live on that injuries excuse? I appreciate some players are struggling but the home form has been awful since August. We're now in January and the injuries have only started occuring over the past month. Even if you look before we suffered a shed load of injuries, the balance of the team wasn't correct. The two wins at home this season are the only games where we've managed to get anything spot on and both of the opposition were poor. Even against Tottenham, we gave a valiant effort but it never proved to be good enough.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »

Stats would tend to depict whether we are playing in this boring, dull manner some fans go on about. Those stats don't. I don't think we were that boring and dull on Saturday at all in fact it was an improvement on the last few home games.

That said I couldn't care less how we play at home because I've enjoyed enough away games this season and got my moneys worth.

baggybazza

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
So in your  infinite wisdom who would you replace Roy with?. Ok so the football is not good at home atm but you boo boys and moaners should really think who is out there to replace him?.....Try going to a few away games thats what real support is we get behind the team and try to urge them on...all we get at the  hawthorns is moaners  who think we have a god given right to win just by turning up at home!I have to say i enjoy the away days so much more then home games now ,Not because of the football but real supporters back the lads from beginning to end!.
Theirs a bloke in the woodman a few rows behind me who you never hear a peep out of until were losing then all he does is slag every player off ,Guess what when we scored saturday not a word not a bloody word from him.....................then Norwich Scored and wham he,s at it again . FFS support the team not drag em down!

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
I have a home and away season ticket, and I didn’t boo once on Saturday. Please get your facts right!!!

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
How long can we continuously live on that injuries excuse? I appreciate some players are struggling but the home form has been awful since August. We're now in January and the injuries have only started occuring over the past month. Even if you look before we suffered a shed load of injuries, the balance of the team wasn't correct. The two wins at home this season are the only games where we've managed to get anything spot on and both of the opposition were poor. Even against Tottenham, we gave a valiant effort but it never proved to be good enough.

I don't care if people shoot me down for my opinion but I think we have had NO luck whatsoever in some of our home games. Stoke, Wigan and Everton were outrageous games where we left thinking how on earth did we lose that.

Winning a game like those Stoke, Wigan or Everton games would have shredded this 'rubbish at home' mentality and the stats wouldn't look as disturbing would they.

Some people say we didn't deserve to win those games but there were a few similar last season that we won and didn't deserve. Thing is if you win a game whether you deserve it or not the teams confidence shoots up and all of a sudden the negative mentality is gone and we are winning games.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »
Wow! I mean wow!

Did anyone actually think at the begining of the season we would be sitting pretty in 8th at this point? No!

The majority here said they would accept a fourth from bottom finish or higher as the second season is tough and it's all about consolidation.

Last time I looked we were 4-5 points of the bottom three, with plenty of games to go.

Someone posted a few years ago about West Brom fans doing a 'Charlton' and wanting, no, expecting us to finished beyond our means and putting needless pressure on the management to achieve this. At this point people posting on here said that West Brom fans are reasonable, and have seen enough bad to realise when were onto a good thing.

What I am starting to see is a group (not all) of Albion fans wanting to win week in, week out and it isn't realistic.

What I am seeing is the start of our own downfall and if we ain't careful we could end up playing Charlton sooner than you think.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
Wow! I mean wow!

Did anyone actually think at the begining of the season we would be sitting pretty in 8th at this point? No!

The majority here said they would accept a fourth from bottom finish or higher as the second season is tough and it's all about consolidation.

Last time I looked we were 4-5 points of the bottom three, with plenty of games to go.

Someone posted a few years ago about West Brom fans doing a 'Charlton' and wanting, no, expecting us to finished beyond our means and putting needless pressure on the management to achieve this. At this point people posting on here said that West Brom fans are reasonable, and have seen enough bad to realise when were onto a good thing.

What I am starting to see is a group (not all) of Albion fans wanting to win week in, week out and it isn't realistic.

What I am seeing is the start of our own downfall and if we ain't careful we could end up playing Charlton sooner than you think.

Spot on I couldn't agree with you more.

Just to balance the argument I can see where people are coming from with regards to poor results at home and it's obvious we have to improve but some people are taking it WAY too far. Sack Hodgson? Good god give me strength.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 06:21:01 PM »
I think as a manager you can get away with boring football if you get decent results, we have played poorly most of the season, now results are going against us its hardly surprising people are asking questions, poor entertainment and no points equals empty seats.
Baggie in Southampton

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
I don’t think the Football Albion’s play is negative and I think what Roy is doing with what he has is ok. Albion had 17 shots on goal combined with on target and off and it took a penalty to score Norwich created 7 combined. Now to me the problem is and always will be scoring!!! Yes we could defend better but if Albion goes one down I think that’s it end of… We can’t score goals it does not matter how you analyse it and take it apart if you don’t put the ball in the back of the net you don’t win. Albion do create chances but we don’t take them other teams have chances and take them that’s the different.  I’m not convinced with our front line attack apart from Shane long the others need to go and be replaced has soon has ..With who? Now that’s the real problem

spot on kev all these roy knockers in my opinion are incapable of looking at the bigger picture. with the exception of perhaps swansea our box to box play has been as good as anyone else from stoke city down. the problem is at home and as you say we just dont convert our chances, if we did we would look a fine side. away from home we have been able to do it. villa norwich newcastle blackburn and some fantastic goals to boot. but at home our team couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo. everton was a classic example of that. the players need to show more verve take responsibilty and pull their finger out or roy might as well put some boots on and pick himself

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »
If we'd have won on saturday we'd be 12th now.  I think thast all that needs to be said.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
If we'd have won on saturday we'd be 12th now.  I think thast all that needs to be said.
Yes thats true mate but the FACT is that we didnt win, we lost and are not 12th but just outside the drop zone with teams below us picking up points faster than we are. Thats what is concerning. I'm not calling for Roy out or that nonsense but something has to change....and quickly !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »
Does it have to change though?  It was only a few weeks ago that we were beating Newcastle away and holding man City at home.  The amount of injuries also has to be taken into consideration.

I think we are at a bit of an awkward point at the moment.

We are finally good enough to just about steer clear of the bottom three, but still not quite good enough to push our self to those boring mid table positions.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »
Yes thats true mate but the FACT is that we didnt win, we lost and are not 12th but just outside the drop zone with teams below us picking up points faster than we are. Thats what is concerning. I'm not calling for Roy out or that nonsense but something has to change....and quickly !

Agree, my sentiments exactly, Hodgson has to sort it out, hopefully backed by Peace, but to sack him would be lunacy.
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »
As we a professional outfit in the higher echelons of English football, and with our outfit knowing the problems we've had most of the season you would have thought that deals would have been in place with suitable additions to the squad ready to come in earlier rather than later in the transfer window.

............waits for the usual 'you dont know whats involved in transfering players?'
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 08:29:49 PM »
Wow! I mean wow!

So winning 2, drawing 2 and loosing 7 home game is good enough for you?

Loosing to Stoke, Norwich, Wigan and Everton along the way. Teams you HAVE to beat at home to stay in this division.

Also to add that 8 home goals scored, the lowest of all 92 league teams. How can you expect people to be happy with that?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
I didn't think it was a boring negative performance on Saturday either.
I can understand complaints about the performances against Stoke, Fulham, Liverpool and Everton (thats just the home games), but Against Wigan and Norwich we did try and play, had more of the play and created more chances.
PLEASE play one of our passers (Morrison/Thorne/Dorrans) alongside Mulumbu in the middle. We may see a few more chances created then. 
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 08:49:59 PM »
So winning 2, drawing 2 and loosing 7 home game is good enough for you?

Loosing to Stoke, Norwich, Wigan and Everton along the way. Teams you HAVE to beat at home to stay in this division.

Also to add that 8 home goals scored, the lowest of all 92 league teams. How can you expect people to be happy with that?

Dispite not beating everton, Wigan, Norwich, stoke we are still out of the relegation zone.

Granted our home form is poor but we are far from relegated are we?

In answer to your top question if we stay up then yes it's good enough for me. A season is just that, a season.

I just think people need to stop with this knee jerk reaction stuff.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »
I didn't think it was a boring negative performance on Saturday either.
I can understand complaints about the performances against Stoke, Fulham, Liverpool and Everton (thats just the home games), but Against Wigan and Norwich we did try and play, had more of the play and created more chances.
PLEASE play one of our passers (Morrison/Thorne/Dorrans) alongside Mulumbu in the middle. We may see a few more chances created then.

that seems to be the general consensus of most fans. the continual shifting of particularly morrison wide seems to effect both him and the team. if we havnt got a replacement for Gera and it appears we havnt why we dont try reverting to 451 putting Dorrans back in the free attacking role where he was so effective im not really sure.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »
Im still laughing at people saying we were too defensive on Saturday.........
We could have been 4 up at half time, cut the guy some slack.

We'll be fine

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »
I think when you're missing key players it can end up having a large impact on the flow of play in the team.

We created many chances against Norwich which could have easily led to a goal; however, at times we were lacking that cutting edge and decisiveness around the penalty area - it was a bit too 'tippy-tappy' when, in some instances, it would have been in our best interest to shoot.

Nevertheless, I am confident we will come through unscathed. I have faith in Roy Hodgson - he is an experienced premier league manager and knows what he is doing. I concede that he has made errors this season, yes. But personally I think it's totally unjust to want rid of him. This is the same man who, two years ago, brought Fulham into soaring heights, helped them qualify for the europa league final and acclaimed the manager of the year award.

Have patience my friends!  8) It's these dark, depressing and cold times which truly test whether you are a true fan or not - we have to support our team to the best of our ability because they need us now more than ever!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:13:35 PM by Pseudo_Intel »

Ogwani

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »
I don't like Hodgson and don't like his style of play. His post-match interviews after a loss usually make me even more annoyed. I don't want him sacked or anything because he has been unlucky with results and injuries and I believe he will just keep us up, barely. However after this season it would be best if we parted ways in my opinion.