Author Topic: Zoltan Gera  (Read 172381 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Zoltan Gera
« Reply #600 on: August 01, 2011, 09:39:33 AM »
have to say i dont see the point of this signing at the moment,i think we have more urgent priorities and this is just  :-\ up more of the wages budget after all i would think most posters would agree m/f is probably the strongest area of our side and a fit Dorrans is like a new signing anyway :-\
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Sussex-Baggie

« Reply #601 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
It would be good if this deal could be confirmed today, even though we have known for quite a while now that he would almost definitely be returning to the club.

He might not be a regular starter, but an aerial presence is something which we don't really have in an attacking sense at the moment and Zoltan Gera would add this to our squad, so he would certainly be another option against certain sides.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: August 01, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »
Yes - I'd love to see him in as soon as possible to be honest.
It would be good for the team to gel, although I doubt he needs to settle too much due to his past experience.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: August 01, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
He's suspended for the first 3 games so I don't expect this transfer to be confirmed any time soon.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #604 on: August 01, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
The point of this signing is very clear, he will improve the SQUAD, just by signing him will hopefully see a new hunger and desire from the likes of Thomas, Mozza and Dorrans to keep their shirt knowing somebody as loved and respected by the fans already is waiting to take it. Gera may not be as good as before but he is still a very good player with a lot to offer and I welcome any signing of Geras quality, experience and work ethics and to top it all off we are signing him for free! Giles Barnes out, Gera in...not the worst bit of business is it!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #605 on: August 01, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »
October at the earliest before we see him on the pitch.If we sign him of course.Given up listening to some ;)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Baggiejim

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #606 on: August 01, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBZ-goFF2pw

This was one of Gera's finest performances for us, albeit being in the Championship. I'd love to see him and Brunty combine to this devastating effect again, and don't forget the sublime assist for Bednar to score our first goal.
East Stand massive!

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #607 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBZ-goFF2pw

This was one of Gera's finest performances for us, albeit being in the Championship. I'd love to see him and Brunty combine to this devastating effect again, and don't forget the sublime assist for Bednar to score our first goal.

noticed JT set up their first!
excellent combination between brunt and gera, that should be an option for goals this season!!
cant wait to have gera available, has the making of an interesting season.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #608 on: August 01, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »
have to say i dont see the point of this signing at the moment,i think we have more urgent priorities and this is just  :-\ up more of the wages budget after all i would think most posters would agree m/f is probably the strongest area of our side and a fit Dorrans is like a new signing anyway :-\
Giles Barnes was used last season on several occasions - I didnt rate him, he'll never play in the prem, a decent Championship player at best.
If we are going to establish in the prem we need a depth of premier league players - Zoltan Gera is one and is far better than GB. So he is a good addition to our squad.
Bednar, Miller and Fortune are never going to impact the Premier League and I think  we need to replace the 3 with either 1 Prem Striker or 2 decent options.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #609 on: August 01, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »
I think the point of Gera is that it allows Hodgson to play 442 while al;so having 5 midfielders on the pitch. Gera of course can play as a second striker and is a goalscoring attacking midfielder. His aerial ability would also be another factor as well as there being no fee and looking at it now, probably a deal we shouldnt throw away.
Boing Boing

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #610 on: August 01, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »
I think the point of Gera is that it allows Hodgson to play 442 while al;so having 5 midfielders on the pitch. Gera of course can play as a second striker and is a goalscoring attacking midfielder. His aerial ability would also be another factor as well as there being no fee and looking at it now, probably a deal we shouldnt throw away.

Never thought of him fitting into a 4-4-2, that's an excellent point. Gera isn't that tall but we know how well he does in the air and he can thread a needle with some of his passes so he'd make a great AM come Target man.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #611 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »
Never thought of him fitting into a 4-4-2, that's an excellent point. Gera isn't that tall but we know how well he does in the air and he can thread a needle with some of his passes so he'd make a great AM come Target man.

6 foot aint exactly small...

Gamma

« Reply #612 on: August 01, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »
6 foot aint exactly small...

Agree. Infact Gera is quite tall for a midfielder/winger.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #613 on: August 01, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »

Just how tall do you need to be to be a player for the Baggies? 6ft 2"+? May I point out to you that some of the worlds greatest footbalers ain't that tall. Vela isn't tall, Thomas likewise, what about Tevez :o

mb1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #614 on: August 01, 2011, 07:16:48 PM »
Just how tall do you need to be to be a player for the Baggies? 6ft 2"+? May I point out to you that some of the worlds greatest footbalers ain't that tall. Vela isn't tall, Thomas likewise, what about Tevez :o

World's greatest footballers - Vela and Thomas!  ;D

Ogwani

« Reply #615 on: August 01, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »
World's greatest footballers - Vela and Thomas!  ;D

I know right, Messi sortof sprang to mind for me but Vela and Thomas... :P Thomas and Vela aren't that small anyway I think, they're about 5'10.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

Zoltan Gera
« Reply #616 on: August 01, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »
Should sign tomorrow

Looks like ya was wrong mate ;D
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »
Looks like ya was wrong mate ;D

Seems that way

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #618 on: August 01, 2011, 08:43:56 PM »
Seems that way

Should always put "apparently" at the start of these things, cover yourself. :P ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #619 on: August 01, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »
Should always put "apparently" at the start of these things, cover yourself. :P ;D

Couldn't really give a s**t what anyone thinks mate to be honest. Just passing on info what id heard.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #620 on: August 01, 2011, 09:01:36 PM »
Couldn't really give a s**t what anyone thinks mate to be honest. Just passing on info what id heard.

i wasnt slating you or anything mate, just stating the obvious :). sorry if it came across that way
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #621 on: August 01, 2011, 09:01:49 PM »
Good addition if fit, is he recovering from an operation or just an injury?
Baggie in Southampton

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #622 on: August 01, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
Good addition if fit, is he recovering from an operation or just an injury?

an op. hes suspended first 3 games too.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: August 01, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »
i wasnt slating you or anything mate, just stating the obvious :). sorry if it came across that way

No I know mate was just saying in general

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #624 on: August 01, 2011, 09:12:51 PM »
No I know mate was just saying in general

okay bud, i hope he would of signed today, but imo i think he wont sign until he has almost completed his 3 match ban. I think he will be invited to train with us, and then when his ban is nearly completed we will sign him. That way we save a months wages (taking it would be around 20k per week so 80k saved)
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten