Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534383 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Saido Berahino
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
Interview with the player after a England u20 training game, shows his goal as well from that game

http://www.thefa.com/video/England/Mens-U20s/2011/World%20Cup/Saido-Berahino-in-Denver
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »
One of our elite youngsters. Good to see him getting a goal - hopefully he will get a chance to impress out on loan this year.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:36:05 PM »
You have to believe he is in with a chance of getting into the side during the second half of the season. Seems to be getting bigger now and to be playing under 20's having only turned 18 this year shows he is in front in his development.
Boing Boing

kendover

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
Not 18 until next month I think  :o

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
Not 18 until next month I think  :o

Wow!

He really does seem to be developing very well. Hopefully we have a star on our hands
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 04:42:09 PM »
17 and playing in the under 20's!!! Seems like this lad has got a big future ahead of him.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:43:09 PM »
17 and playing in the under 20's!!! Seems like this lad has got a big future ahead of him.

His name sounds rather African. Are you sure he is 17?  ;)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:50:24 PM »

Take a look at this link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1227986/THE-LIST-The-50-teenage-sensations-Premier-League-history-Nos-50-41.html

At 17 if he was going to be a major force in football then you would expect him to be playing week in week out now really.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
Not necessarily BB74, being only 17/18 in a premier league side leaves him with lots of time to break in to the first team.

Admittedly, if he does not break in this season then there will be some doubts over whether he will be a top striker but you can be good enough for this level and break through in your twenties. It all depends how you develop and Berahino is coming along nicely.
Boing Boing

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 05:20:09 PM »
Been scoring loads in the reserves, and when I've seen him he's looked very impressive. What do you guys think of him?
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »
The one goal I've seen was a cracker. England U17, I think it was.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
Seems like a good prospect as does kemar roofe (apologies for spelling). Has anyone heard anything about Izzy Brown? He was a kid paraded in the hawthorns when he signed last season or season before.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »
Seems like a good prospect as does kemar roofe (apologies for spelling). Has anyone heard anything about Izzy Brown? He was a kid paraded in the hawthorns when he signed last season or season before.
I´ve gotta ask....... is he?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
I think Brown comes through next year.

As for Berahino, he has been highly thought of for a few years but im surprised he has only made the match day squad once and was not taken on the clubs pre season tour.

Players like Thorne, Mantom, Roofe etc all seem to have pushed ahead of him in the opportunity stakes and his tournament with the England u19s or 20's didnt seem to really work but hopefully this year he will get a chance to go out on loan somewhere like league 1 and we will see him start to develop.
Boing Boing

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »
He was really poor at the U20 World Cup.  Played up front on his own which is a thankless task anyway but the way we played didnt suit his game.

Hate to draw comparisons but he reminded me alot of Ellington in terms of build, demeanor and workrate.

I'm hoping he just had a poor tournament because on thatt showing theres no way he'll break into our first team any time soon.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »
What position does he play? Saw him in our squad list for the Swansea match but had no prior knowledge before that.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »
What position does he play? Saw him in our squad list for the Swansea match but had no prior knowledge before that.

He seems quite versatile. Think he has been playing on the wing the last few reserve games, and still getting some goals.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
Speaking of kids, what's up with Lateef Elford-Alliyu? Is he injured?

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:38 PM »
I remember he was quality in Football Manager after a few years!
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »
Scored again today in a 3 nil win over Sunderland,our side contained Dawson and Thorne with the latter going off injured after 68 mins.Roy was there watching too.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 12:17:42 AM »
what the hell has happened to alliyu ?

Got injured towards the end of last season when he was on loan at Tranmere, don't think he's figured at all yet this season for any of the teams including the academy so maybe still injured

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »
Speaking of youth players in general, is anyone else disappointed at the lack of players who actually become regulars in the Albion first team.?

I know it's difficult being a premier team and the reluctance to try the kids in matches, discounting the cups, but it seems like ages since anyone came through for our team.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 09:39:04 AM »
Speaking of youth players in general, is anyone else disappointed at the lack of players who actually become regulars in the Albion first team.?

I know it's difficult being a premier team and the reluctance to try the kids in matches, discounting the cups, but it seems like ages since anyone came through for our team.

I think you could say that about a lot of clubs at our level as well as Championship mate, obviously there are exceptions but i would say the majority are reluctant to blood youngsters as the stakes with money in respective divisions is too high to take a punt on younger players.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 04:11:22 PM »
And yet the 2 Manchester clubs do better than most!!?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »
The problem is simply that to compete regularly at PL level the young players have to have talent levels that are extremely rare (on the order of 1 among thousands, probably tens of thousands). There are a lot of players without extreme talent, but they have to work years to reach a proficiency that enables them to do a job for PL teams (see McAuley etc etc).