Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2353871 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #8775 on: January 23, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »
Man Utd 'Fans' singing Ed Woodward is going to die. Pretty disgusting that in my opinion.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8776 on: January 23, 2020, 01:03:09 PM »
I was always a fan of JRod.

He scored goals, no matter from where, they all count.

And I would suggest that there is more pressure scoring a goal from a penalty than there is from open play, as scoring from open play is more instinctive and you have less time to think about what you are / wanting / going to do.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8777 on: January 23, 2020, 02:22:35 PM »
I thought Jay Rod was underrated by many. Obvioulsy his workrate was always there, but he was a decent finisher and could strike the ball cleanly. I think he was genuinely torn between staying with us or going to Burnley (at least that's what he said)
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8778 on: January 23, 2020, 02:49:33 PM »
Decent player and seemed like a genuine bloke. I think he would have stayed if it wasn't his boyhood club.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8779 on: January 23, 2020, 08:11:18 PM »
No Stopping Liverpool..1-0 after 8 mins..

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8780 on: January 23, 2020, 09:19:07 PM »
Wolves equaliser. Jiminez and Traore are some players.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8781 on: January 23, 2020, 09:28:36 PM »
Looks like Liverpool are hanging on, Wolves pressing hard
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8782 on: January 23, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »
At there most dangerous when on the back foot

Wolves 1-2 Liverpool
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8783 on: January 23, 2020, 09:56:04 PM »
FT

Wolves 1-2 Liverpool

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8784 on: January 24, 2020, 01:28:01 AM »
Just noticed something from the league table Liverpool have one less point than Spurs and Man United combined who sit in 6th and 5th place respectively and that is with a game in hand. Not sure what that says about the various clubs but that is quite remarkable.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8785 on: January 24, 2020, 01:59:38 AM »
No surprise that Liverpools best 2 seasons in ages coincide with the relegation of the mighty Albion!  ;D

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8786 on: January 24, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
other than liverpool its a very poor premier league this season. especially the race for top 4 its like no one wants to finish there !

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8787 on: January 24, 2020, 08:30:10 PM »
other than liverpool its a very poor premier league this season. especially the race for top 4 its like no one wants to finish there !
A bit like the championship promotion race
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #8788 on: January 24, 2020, 10:53:26 PM »
No surprise that Liverpools best 2 seasons in ages coincide with the relegation of the mighty Albion!  ;D

Silly, isn't it?
I think I'm right in saying, over the last three seasons, only Chelsea and... us... have beaten them at Anfield? :-X
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8789 on: January 24, 2020, 11:35:58 PM »
Silly, isn't it?
I think I'm right in saying, over the last three seasons, only Chelsea and... us... have beaten them at Anfield? :-X

I think we actually have the best modern record against them! Bonkers.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8790 on: January 25, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
Silly, isn't it?
When they celebrated a draw against us at Anfield....like they had won the world 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8791 on: January 27, 2020, 05:51:11 PM »
Tottenham preparing for busy transfer window finale as Christian Eriksen completes move to Inter
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8792 on: January 27, 2020, 06:15:48 PM »
When they celebrated a draw against us at Anfield....like they had won the world 😀

the 2-2 with a deflected equaliser in the 6th minute of the 4 mins added on?

I left about just after extra time had been announced as I had to get back to Lime St for the last train to Hull. I had just got to the end of the street when I heard a loud cheer and guessed that they'd equalised. Couldn't believe their celebrations when I watched MOTD 2 later that night.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8793 on: January 27, 2020, 08:05:14 PM »
the 2-2 with a deflected equaliser in the 6th minute of the 4 mins added on?

I left about just after extra time had been announced as I had to get back to Lime St for the last train to Hull. I had just got to the end of the street when I heard a loud cheer and guessed that they'd equalised. Couldn't believe their celebrations when I watched MOTD 2 later that night.
Yep,....they can’t beat us
I hope we get them in the next round..

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8794 on: January 29, 2020, 08:45:58 PM »
And this is why I no longer care about football whether we win or lose, £85m for an Everton striker....

Football at the highest level is now in the same bracket as love island, reality tv. It bares 0 resemblance to actual football that was about community and club.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8795 on: January 30, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »
How times change. Sheff Utd break there transfer record with a £22 million signing..

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8796 on: January 30, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »
How times change. Sheff Utd break there transfer record with a £22 million signing..

A fantastic one at that as well! Unfortunately if we go up these are the ‘normal’ figures we need to spend
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8797 on: January 30, 2020, 05:52:11 PM »
And this is why I no longer care about football whether we win or lose, £85m for an Everton striker....

Football at the highest level is now in the same bracket as love island, reality tv. It bares 0 resemblance to actual football that was about community and club.

If I were Richarlison I wouldn't be too pleased. The club say he's not for sale and they are going to build the team around him. Leaving it a bit late to buy 10 players...….

Barcelona or Everton??? Its a toughie...……….
MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8798 on: January 30, 2020, 07:02:36 PM »
Major coup for Sheffield United Sander Burge they have landed one of the most promising young central midfielders in Europe. I am generally of the opinion is that most prem clubs pay too much money for too little talent and don't suffer from transfer envy but boy this one really tests that. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8799 on: January 30, 2020, 10:58:47 PM »
Can't say i'd heard of Berge before yesterday. Sheff Utd have spent a hell of a lot of money this season though, not all good. £22 mil on Berge, £18 mil on McBurnie, £10 mil for Mousset, £7 mil for Robinson, £5 mil for Freeman, another few million on Osborn, then add on top wages per player of around £40k per week. That's around £65 million plus wages of around £10 million a year on the new signings alone.

Eye watering amount of money when you look at the finances of championship clubs.

Boing Boing