Author Topic: Serge Gnabry returns to Arsenal  (Read 124508 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Serge Gnabry Joins on loan
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2015, 04:21:37 PM »
So he is not ready for premier league football according
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »
If I was Gnabry and looked around the dressing room and saw some of our players who are considered good enough by Pulis and he isn't I think i would knock football on the head and find another job.

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
If I was Gnabry and looked around the dressing room and saw some of our players who are considered good enough by Pulis and he isn't I think i would knock football on the head and find another job.
What do you expect , when Pulis think's the only definition of flair is the pyrotechnic kind used in times of distress .

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2015, 10:52:39 PM »
Maybe he isn't quite ready, but it's not as if the team is overloaded with flair players. The creativity from midfield is nowhere near good enough. That is where the chances are set up. Only 8 goals scored from 10 games tells you alot.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2015, 08:10:13 AM »
 Interestingly TP came out with this shortly before Arsene Wenger said similar things about someof his youngsters after the defeat at Sheffield,perhaps Arsenals young uns aren´t as good as they´ve been hyped up to be
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »
Gnabry's a couple of years further on from the ones Wenger was talking about but I guess its a similar problem of knowing when young players are ready.
In Gnabry's case I think the fact he was injured most of last season also comes into it. He may be physically fit now but some players need 8 - 10 games to get back to the level they were at before the injury....and of course you can't get the games if you are being overlooked by the manager.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
If we fancy Matt Phillips come jan does anybody think gnarby might be sent back in favour of that transfer?
O Albion we love you

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2015, 12:13:07 PM »
If we fancy Matt Phillips come jan does anybody think gnarby might be sent back in favour of that transfer?
Yes.
Wenger can't be happy about his lack of game time, so think he will either go back or go somewhere he can kick a ball.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2015, 09:54:03 PM »
Here's my take on it.

Pulis has his favourites, but even by his standards, the treatment of Gnabry is something else. To publicly come out and say he's not good enough and is unfit is quite a negative statement. Even Pocognoli, Gamboa and various other players that he doesn't use have never been blasted in the press by Pulis, usually he deflects and says something cliched like they have a "good attitude" or whatnot.

Read into it what you will but I believe Pulis and don't think he'd openly lie about a players fitness, which hints that Gnabry is taking the pi$$ a bit.

What annoys me is the crying Arsenal fans, we had the same with Wisdom last year. Sorry but if they're not good enough/lazy then that is the players fault.

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2015, 10:00:39 PM »
We saw how good Arsenal Reserve kids are this week losing to Sheffield Wed - 3-0 so it is no wonder he cannot get in our side.
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2015, 10:07:43 PM »
I see those comments from Pulis as a direct challenge to Gnabry.

I may be wrong but I think Pulis may have expected more from him and is trying to give him a bit of a kick up the backside to kick on by making it public like this and waiting to see how he reacts in the next few weeks.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »
It's just been mentioned on Talkplop about the number of Arsenal kids that suffer  injuries.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2015, 07:23:10 AM »
He was nominated for the Golden Boy award when he first broke into Arsenal's side. Pre-Injury this was said;

But Low has now admitted that he has left the door open for Gnabry to make it onto the plane to Brazil.

He said: "The boy is really good. He has exceptional qualities.

"I'm still open [to him making the World Cup squad]. We have an eye on him."

Gnabry captured Low's imagination when he and his assistant Hansi Flick travelled to watch Ozil play for the Gunners against Swansea at the end of September.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443974/Joachim-Low-reveals-Arsenal-s-Serge-Gnabry-could-be-Germany-s-surprise-World-Cup-inclusion

Obviously his injury has seriously effected him and so far it's a loan gamble that just hasn't paid off. Come January 1st if the situation hasn't changed he'll be recalled. Which is a shame as he's clearly a wonderful player. If he's that unfit it does make you wonder why the German U21's gave him two 45 minute outings in their most recent games.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:15 AM »
The BBC news today are reporting that Gnabry is going to be recalled, presumably to cover the injuries they have. However, I wouldnt be surprised if Wenger is getting a little frustrated at the lads lack of playing time.
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2015, 07:45:35 AM »
If its the case when he is recalled he won't be any loss to the team as he's hardly featured.
I just hope we use the loan to get a player in that's fit and able to push for a first team place from the off.
Maybe loan Phillips with an option to buy?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2015, 08:05:10 AM »
The BBC news today are reporting that Gnabry is going to be recalled, presumably to cover the injuries they have. However, I wouldnt be surprised if Wenger is getting a little frustrated at the lads lack of playing time.

He'll have a hard job.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »

Arsene Wenger has said he's staying with us and needs to rise to the challenge.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151030/boss-gnabry-has-to-face-the-challenge
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2015, 12:07:10 PM »
Nice one Arsene,
Its good to see a manager being straight with a player and the fans about a situation.

To mis-quote another great manager,

So, young man, take your hands out of your pockets, stand up straight, get your head down and show me why I'm paying you loads of money!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »
Nice one Arsene,
Its good to see a manager being straight with a player and the fans about a situation.

To mis-quote another great manager,

So, young man, take your hands out of your pockets, stand up straight, get your head down and show me why I'm paying you loads of money!

The same manager that bought Gary Megson and told him he couldn't trap a bag of cement.  :D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
The same manager that bought Gary Megson and told him he couldn't trap a bag of cement.  :D

I can't say i remember ANYTHING about SGM as a player, so Mr Clough may well have been correct.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2015, 12:56:09 PM »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151030/boss-gnabry-has-to-face-the-challenge

Its good too see Arsene saying that if im honest and also stating that Pulis is not happy with him.

If he cant break into our team then he has no chance of breaking into Arsenal's, the lad has too rise to the challenge, if he gets into the side and plays as he can then there is no doubt that we will have some player on our hands and ultimately it will benefit us.

However if he doesnt do enough and is happy at 20 years old picking up his wage every week playing youth and reserve football then id be sending him back as it is a waste of time

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
Megson was average as a player Clough was spot on I saw him play several times.... 100%er though as you might have guessed!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »
Megson was average as a player Clough was spot on I saw him play several times.... 100%er though as you might have guessed!

He always had plenty to say on the pitch and didn't mind leaving his foot in.
From memory he didn't last long at Forest, not sure if he even played?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »

Yes well said Arsene...over to you Serge

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »

They are very good comments from Wenger. Hopefully those alongside what Pulis has already said will be enough to give Gnabry the spark he needs to knuckle down and prove a point to Pulis over the coming months.