Author Topic: Valérien Ismaël leaves WBA  (Read 481103 times)

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Valérien Ismaël - Head Coach
« Reply #2050 on: December 17, 2021, 10:00:44 PM »
The only reason this guy hasn’t gone is because the standard of the league is so bad, he’s a lower league manager who had a lucky season and our board fell for it.

He’ll stubble to the summer when we’ll remove him for failing to make the play offs.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2051 on: December 17, 2021, 10:05:41 PM »
Time to be calling him into the office and remind him of his (if the top dogs have a clue between them) limited compensation pay off at the very least.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2052 on: December 17, 2021, 10:10:22 PM »
Football he’s producing is worse than pulisball in my opinion, recent up tick in form looks to be due to suspensions and covid outbreak. Will come out with usual bs after game but think time has come to put us out of our misery and get rid of him

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2053 on: December 17, 2021, 10:11:00 PM »
Hope he’s gone by Monday

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2054 on: December 17, 2021, 10:13:56 PM »
No blame on the manager from me tonight.  Was VI crossing the ball in?  Was VI taking those set pieces? 

The team out there tonight was the strongest we can field apart from Hugill for Diangana and Robinson in the middle.

Down to the players tonight IMO.

Defensively we looked solid.  We are a creative player in the middle and a proper centre forward away from seriously pushing the top 2.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2055 on: December 17, 2021, 10:17:57 PM »
No blame on the manager from me tonight.  Was VI crossing the ball in?  Was VI taking those set pieces? 

The team out there tonight was the strongest we can field apart from Hugill for Diangana and Robinson in the middle.

Defensively we looked solid.  We are a creative player in the middle and a proper centre forward away from seriously pushing the top 2.
he picked the turds who produced that pooh and left out  a player that got mom in last two games.so it’s on him.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2056 on: December 17, 2021, 10:25:07 PM »
I do believe any manager needs backing but do we really want another lump of a number 9 to swing crosses at all game ? Boring and predictable , I worry about giving him funds.
Lumping balls forward , aiming for a big lump most of the game , throw ons and crowding the keeper at set pieces....bit more like The Capped One than some would like to accept .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2057 on: December 17, 2021, 10:25:12 PM »
I don't think you can criticise the football. We created more than enough chances to have won that game easily, but the quality in the final third just lets us down time and again.
However, I don't think Livermore should have come in. He creates next to nothing , but his replacement Molumby didn't do much better. TGH couldn't have done much worse than Furlong, but his crossing is not as good as some make out.  Hugill is a lower league striker who huffs and puffs a lot, but is not clinical and has no goal instinct, but with Phillips out, all we have are academy forwards.

We're fairly solid at the back. We just need to work much harder at improving our final pass and finishing.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2058 on: December 17, 2021, 10:27:12 PM »

Sorry mate but he picked Furlong who was doing the crossing you are criticising. And that’s just not the first team. Molumby for Livermore.  TGH for Furlong. Diangana for Hugill. That’s your first team. And let’s not get into the bombing of Snodgrass. This was down. To the manager.

OverLandAndSea

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2059 on: December 17, 2021, 10:32:05 PM »
Miserable football, dour joyless stuff.

If he went tomorrow I would be bothered in the slightest

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2060 on: December 17, 2021, 10:32:36 PM »
I don't think you can criticise the football. We created more than enough chances to have won that game easily, but the quality in the final third just lets us down time and again.
However, I don't think Livermore should have come in. He creates next to nothing , but his replacement Molumby didn't do much better. TGH couldn't have done much worse than Furlong, but his crossing is not as good as some make out.  Hugill is a lower league striker who huffs and puffs a lot, but is not clinical and has no goal instinct, but with Phillips out, all we have are academy forwards.

We're fairly solid at the back. We just need to work much harder at improving our final pass and finishing.
I can find fault with the football , his first plan is dull and is made of working the ball wide for endless swinging the balls in to nobody . His 2nd tactics is long throws / corners while crowding the keeper . Basic , easy to defend against and dull .What annoys me is the two previous games we saw some fresh football , playing to feet and beating the man yet because Mr Stubborn has to play certain players in certain roles we revert back to this again .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2061 on: December 17, 2021, 10:42:22 PM »
To be fair in his post math interview he said he sounds like a broken record. Didnt say he's tactically the same too though.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2062 on: December 17, 2021, 10:42:58 PM »
I can find fault with the football , his first plan is dull and is made of working the ball wide for endless swinging the balls in to nobody . His 2nd tactics is long throws / corners while crowding the keeper . Basic , easy to defend against and dull .What annoys me is the two previous games we saw some fresh football , playing to feet and beating the man yet because Mr Stubborn has to play certain players in certain roles we revert back to this again .
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we created as many chances today as against Reading. We dominated both games, but one chance went in v Reading. A cross in from the left flank. I agree that TGH has better movement and pass on him than Livermore, ( I assume that's what you're complaining about), but I doubt that he makes that much of a difference. Neither do I think Molumby is that special. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2063 on: December 17, 2021, 10:47:38 PM »

We also need wingbacks with pace who can cross a ball. For me we are 4/5 quality players short at this level. Sides can snuff out our attack far too easily. We can be a very dull team to watch.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2064 on: December 17, 2021, 10:49:41 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we created as many chances today as against Reading. We dominated both games, but one chance went in v Reading. A cross in from the left flank. I agree that TGH has better movement and pass on him than Livermore, ( I assume that's what you're complaining about), but I doubt that he makes that much of a difference. Neither do I think Molumby is that special.
We spent the Reading game getting in behind the defence (T.G.H was left wing back not CM ) , threaded balls and some neat football . Tonight reverted back to slow , dour predictable attacks purely because certain players have to play . If you enjoy lofted balls to defenders heads or keepers punching then fair enough but its not for me , I've seen them play better in the last two . Talking of keepers thats another to add to the list for a easy game against us , not good enough .

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2065 on: December 17, 2021, 10:54:01 PM »
Sorry mate but he picked Furlong who was doing the crossing you are criticising. And that’s just not the first team. Molumby for Livermore.  TGH for Furlong. Diangana for Hugill. That’s your first team. And let’s not get into the bombing of Snodgrass. This was down. To the manager.

Is Molumby better than Livermore?  Not convinced.

Diangana has been woeful this year.  Not much worse than Hugill.

I want to see how we are after the next window.  This is a poor league.  With a couple of good additions we are capable of top 2.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2066 on: December 17, 2021, 10:56:32 PM »
We spent the Reading game getting in behind the defence (T.G.H was left wing back not CM ) , threaded balls and some neat football . Tonight reverted back to slow , dour predictable attacks purely because certain players have to play . If you enjoy lofted balls to defenders heads or keepers punching then fair enough but its not for me , I've seen them play better in the last two . Talking of keepers thats another to add to the list for a easy game against us , not good enough .

This is it - this is the post.

Reading, against all odds, was progressive. Short, sharp football, creating lots of chances.

Tonight, yes we had some chances - not the endless number many on here think we had - but, due to the team selection, we went back to the same uninspiring performances pre-Coventry.

Worrying (again).

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2067 on: December 17, 2021, 11:15:20 PM »
VI seems to be just a continuation of managers at our club who will only utilise players from a select small group and/or has his own personal favourites irrespective of their form. Livermore is the perfect example, I think he recently said he is always the first on the team sheet when fit.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2068 on: December 17, 2021, 11:19:36 PM »
VI seems to be just a continuation of managers at our club who will only utilise players from a select small group and/or has his own personal favourites irrespective of their form. Livermore is the perfect example, I think he recently said he is always the first on the team sheet when fit.
is there still a click of senior player’s at club who have too much influence over coach?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2069 on: December 18, 2021, 07:03:24 AM »
We had more than enough chances to win but we just don’t take them. When performances are boring fans will only will really accept it when winning and for the last 10ish games it’s been inconsistent with a winless run in there too.

Furlong and Hugill absolutely must be dropped. It takes a miracle for Furlong to put a good cross in and a miracle for Hugill to put one away - what’s a double a miracle - impossible?

So what are the alternatives? Well it’s TGH and Diangana who looked much better last night.

If he doesn’t change it up going forward then it’s his own stupid fault. If Furlong comes in at RWB when we have 3 games in 7 days then I get it, but not when games are 7 days apart and TGH has had 2 MOTM performances so I take back what I said in the pre match thread about managing him, just trying to see it from Val’s perspective but when Furlong cut in on his unflavoured foot when he had a massive sighted on his right that was it for me.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2070 on: December 18, 2021, 07:28:42 AM »
Even after night sleep still miffed by team selection and performance, posters saying give him a couple of windows to stamp his mark on team well is there players out there that can trap a ball being fizzed into them at waste height or sprint after balls that are being ballooned over there heads? I’d give Ishmael a chance if he good get the basics right like having players pass to one another consistently and be tactically aware when teams sit in and frustrate. But like picking the same personal I don’t think he’s got what it takes to  bring us to next level.

OverLandAndSea

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2071 on: December 18, 2021, 08:23:06 AM »
The thought of him being allowed to spend what little money we have scares the life out of mr tbh

It’ll be one paced cloggers all the way

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2072 on: December 18, 2021, 08:39:33 AM »
Last night was miserable for sure. Despite this I am still a bit shocked by the number of people demanding that VI is sacked. 7 points from last 3 games, should have been 9. He will not be sacked anytime soon. That said I agree that he selected wrong team last night. The selection of Furlong ahead of TGH is especially annoying. Get a centre forward in at start of January. Then let’s see.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2073 on: December 18, 2021, 08:41:53 AM »
Last night was miserable for sure. Despite this I am still a bit shocked by the number of people demanding that VI is sacked. 7 points from last 3 games, should have been 9. He will not be sacked anytime soon. That said I agree that he selected wrong team last night. The selection of Furlong ahead of TGH is especially annoying. Get a centre forward in at start of January. Then let’s see.
I think we all agree about the CF but we also need to provide better quality service from the left and right wings. Fullbacks with pace who can put quality balls into the box.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2074 on: December 18, 2021, 08:45:26 AM »

Cannot see him going anywhere soon given our lofty position.

I will admit to having doubts about allowing him to buy players given who he is happy fielding at the moment. My problem is that he will buy player to suit his style, leave, and we will be left with a few 'not very skilful' players
MAGA!