Author Topic: 24 Oct 2018 Albion 1 Derby County 4  (Read 54819 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

24 Oct 2018 Albion 1 Derby County 4
« on: September 28, 2018, 10:57:13 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Derby County

Wednesday 24th October 2018 20.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:58:10 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 11:00:26 PM »

PRICES

Allocation:

£20/£23 Adults, £15/£17 Senior 65, £15 Students + & U23, £10 U18, £5 U11, £10 Disabled

SALE DATES

Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday September 17
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday September 17
General Sale - Wednesday September 19

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 11:06:57 PM by OldburyWBA »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 07:25:49 PM »
I know the game is some way off yet but thought I'd start the sales info now.

19,300 sold in home areas so far. The last time we had a midweek home league fixture was against Bristol City and that resulted in the lowest home support of the season to date (league). Only 20,227 Albion fans made the trip to the Hawthorns on that occasion. We should surely beat that attendance needing to sell less than 1,000 more tickets with ten days to go till the game.

Around 4,080 remaining in home areas.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 11:48:32 AM »
Excellent post, please update as appropriate !
May I suggest you change your handle from Atomic to Attendance-Tick !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 08:14:15 AM »
Referee: Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Michael George
Assistant Referee: Nigel Lugg
Fourth Official: John Brooks

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »
4007 still available as of now.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 08:11:42 AM »
4007 still available as of now.

Oi, this is my job. Do one.  ;)  8)

3,888 available now which means 19,500 sold. Slow sales over the last day or two but that's not surprising with most people concentrating on the Wigan game. I'd expect sales to start to pick up as we near the weekend. 

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:24 AM »

Oi, this is my job. Do one.  ;)  8)

3,888 available now which means 19,500 sold. Slow sales over the last day or two but that's not surprising with most people concentrating on the Wigan game. I'd expect sales to start to pick up as we near the weekend.

Agree with that, a decent win at Wigan should help shift a few more tickets, although there will be plenty of people that can't make it due to travel or work. Is next week half term for schools down there as it is up here, if so we might see more young 'uns in attendance?

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 09:13:04 AM »
I cant make derby game im on nights gutted!!

throstle

• Youth Baggie

Commentary
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »
I cant make derby game im on nights gutted!!

I cor make the Derby game either I will be in hospital recovering from an operation.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:42:08 AM by kc56wba »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »
I cor make the Derby game either I will be in hospital recovering from an operation.
Hope all goes well for you Kev.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 10:51:08 PM »

Take care and all of the best Kev.

I'll get you a pint of lemonade with a cherry and a brolly on top to cheer you up.

Proper Tipton  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 11:11:26 PM »
Take care and all of the best Kev.

I'll get you a pint of lemonade with a cherry and a brolly on top to cheer you up.

Proper Tipton  ;) .

Cheers me mon.  ;D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 10:14:29 AM »
To date we've sold in the region of 19,675 give or take one or two, leaving 3,725 available for sale.

In the last 25 hours we've sold 163 tickets. If that continues day by day up to kick off we're looking of sales of 20,800. I'd expect sales to increase as match day nears but by how much it's difficult to say.

Last home game vs Reading we were a mere 42 tickets short of 22,000 in the home areas. I think it's safe to say we're not going to match that figure which is not a major shock given it's a Wednesday game rather than a 3pm Saturday fixture. I'd expect us to sell around 21,000.

To date Derby have sold just over 1,400 of their total allocation of 2,733. I'd expect they'll sell a few more but it's difficult to say how many.

At this stage I'd estimate an attendance of somewhere in the region of 22,700 - 23,000.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 09:56:08 AM »

I hope all went well and wish you a speedy recovery
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 09:59:25 AM »
Sales in the last 24 hours have been, frankly, pathetic. 46 tickets sold is pretty embarrassing. Yesterday I said I expected us to sell around 21,000 that now looks highly unlikely with the expected rise in sales not materialising, not yet anyway. 19,721 sold at the moment.

Derby have sold 1,464 so far.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »
Recent home crowds have been a bit disappointing considering the low prices and all goals/wins at home.
The crowds started off very encouraging but seem to have stuttered since.
Would have expected the attractive Derby game to be a close sell out.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 02:32:14 PM »
I hope all went well and wish you a speedy recovery

Cheers AlbionFan but don't have op till Monday.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »
Derby are probably one of the bigger attractions and well supported but the fact they as of yet have only sold half their tickets as well as us nowhere near selling out says a lot.

The club have done a lot to entice fans back with the prices, entertainment on the pitch but midweek games are going to be a tough sell from now on due to sky introducing the watch every game live midweek facility.

As with most clubs we have a hardcore of fans who will go every game and price, etc isnt an issue as they just want to be there. There are fans who probably quite fancy it especially at the moment but think cold night in October, can get home from work, save the petrol, ticket price, etc and at 8pm put on sky and watch the game live.

Personally i dont think you can beat the buzz of a live match but i completely understand why with this red button option on sky now where you can watch every midweek games, fans are using that instead of going to games.

For the football fan who just wants to see the game whether at the ground or on the tv, the red button thing is a great option, but for midweek attendances its a nightmare for the club, especially with a number of our home games being moved (leeds, brentford and villa upcoming)

At some point i have no doubt sky will do some deal where they show the 3pm saturday games too and that will really be the demise of football ground attendances, like i say you will always get a core who will attend regardless but a big chink of future generations will soon be able to watch football legally whenever they want at very cheap prices, they do even need an adult with them, they can just watch on the tv or tablet which is a shame as they will miss out on that buzz of going to a live game.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
Derby are probably one of the bigger attractions and well supported but the fact they as of yet have only sold half their tickets as well as us nowhere near selling out says a lot.

The club have done a lot to entice fans back with the prices, entertainment on the pitch but midweek games are going to be a tough sell from now on due to sky introducing the watch every game live midweek facility.

As with most clubs we have a hardcore of fans who will go every game and price, etc isnt an issue as they just want to be there. There are fans who probably quite fancy it especially at the moment but think cold night in October, can get home from work, save the petrol, ticket price, etc and at 8pm put on sky and watch the game live.

Personally i dont think you can beat the buzz of a live match but i completely understand why with this red button option on sky now where you can watch every midweek games, fans are using that instead of going to games.

For the football fan who just wants to see the game whether at the ground or on the tv, the red button thing is a great option, but for midweek attendances its a nightmare for the club, especially with a number of our home games being moved (leeds, brentford and villa upcoming)

At some point i have no doubt sky will do some deal where they show the 3pm saturday games too and that will really be the demise of football ground attendances, like i say you will always get a core who will attend regardless but a big chink of future generations will soon be able to watch football legally whenever they want at very cheap prices, they do even need an adult with them, they can just watch on the tv or tablet which is a shame as they will miss out on that buzz of going to a live game.

I think that is a very valid point you make Albion79. It will be interesting to see how our midweek attendances compare to other clubs.

I do blame the club as well to some extent regardless of the slashed ticket prices this season. You have to look at the long term, the bigger picture. Paul Thompson when he was chairman wanted to expand the stadium but his reign didn't last long enough and Jeremy Peace muted the idea but chose to renovate the West Stand instead. That was a HUGE mistake in my opinion. There are times when you have the opportunity to capture new fans, we have never grasped those opportunities. There were seasons in the Premier League where we were virtually selling out regularly, only single, restricted view tickets remaining, that sort of thing. That was the time where a 32,000 stadium would've attracted new supporters who could've attended with families, with good views who would've enjoyed the experience and some of them would've joined the die hard fans you talk about. That gives you a bigger "pool" of support.

Albion have in excess of 50,000 supporters registered on their database and the club is situated in a location with literally millions of people living within an hours travel of the stadium. There is plenty of potential out there for extra support. The likes of Leicester, Southampton, Derby, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Brighton etc have all exploited their opportunities, we haven't we've just been happy to plod along without growing and without improving the image and perception of the club.

The problem we are faced with now is football clubs don't actually need support in order to make money so from the clubs point of view, at this moment in time - what's the point of attracting more supporters to games?

All this said I would've still expected the tickets for this Derby fixture to be selling better than they are.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »
At last there are a few tickets shifting. Approx. 19,950 sold now, 3,445 remaining.

Derby sold 1,527.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
Put ourselves under pressure for this game now. Need to bounce back.
O Albion we love you