Author Topic: 24 Oct 2018 Albion 1 Derby County 4  (Read 55194 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2018, 07:09:59 PM »
Well we've finally broken the 20,000 barrier today. 20,100 sold now. 3,281 tickets remaining.

According to Derby's website they must have had a busy day today as they have only 117 tickets remaining from an allocation of 2,733 which means they must've sold 2,616. That's pretty impressive I must say.

We are looking at an overall crowd of over 23,000 thanks to Derby's sales today.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2018, 11:26:16 PM »
Well we've finally broken the 20,000 barrier today. 20,100 sold now. 3,281 tickets remaining.

According to Derby's website they must have had a busy day today as they have only 117 tickets remaining from an allocation of 2,733 which means they must've sold 2,616. That's pretty impressive I must say.

We are looking at an overall crowd of over 23,000 thanks to Derby's sales today.

And just over 20,000 Albion.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2018, 04:14:47 AM »
Sorry Dan but it'll only be 19,999 Baggies as Im off on me travels with work again  >:(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:18:25 AM by OldburyWBA »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2018, 06:15:26 AM »
Got a bad feeling about this one. Following the defeat and with injuries against a good team I can see us failing to win. What concerns me most is the toxicity that is bubbling under the surface for what reasons I just can’t fathom. Meats could end up getting booed and ‘‘tis forum will explode. Such a shame.

For the record I’d like Field in midfield with Phillips, Sako or Edwards on the right.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2018, 08:16:34 AM »
Got a bad feeling about this one. Following the defeat and with injuries against a good team I can see us failing to win. What concerns me most is the toxicity that is bubbling under the surface for what reasons I just can’t fathom. Meats could end up getting booed and ‘‘tis forum will explode. Such a shame.

For the record I’d like Field in midfield with Phillips, Sako or Edwards on the right.

Levels of vitriol have gone through the roof online.

Some of it's based on reasoned observations but there's been a developing hysteria among many.

Very unseemly and lacking in class for the most part.

As for the Derby game I can see Harper getting the nod over Field as he offers more physicality.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2018, 08:20:39 AM »
Sorry Dan but it'll only be 19,999 Baggies as Im off on me travels with work again  >:(

No worries Frank, such are the pressures of a globetrotting 'Korea'.

Even the best laid plans can go South 😉.

Hope you have a good good one pal 😎 .
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:18:16 AM by OldburyWBA »

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2018, 08:28:19 AM »
Levels of vitriol have gone through the roof online.

Some of it's based on reasoned observations but there's been a developing hysteria among many.

Very unseemly and lacking in class for the most part.

As for the Derby game I can see Harper getting the nod over Field as he offers more physicality.

I must admit to paying no attention to Facebook or Twitter, I am on neither, but the arguments I have read on here with peoples concerns I have felt are extremely reasonable. I do not feel anyone on here has just attacked Darren as a man for no apparent reason, they have, as I have, listed a number of reservations concerning team selections, tactics and inability to affect a game with substitutions.

If we persist with 5 at the back without Phillips when Mears just cannot play wing back, I will be seriously worried, he has already given it five games too many, Dawson should have been switched to right back in a flat back four as soon as Phillips was ruled out for the first time and play to our strengths, which happens to be the sheer volume of quality attacking players we happen to have on the books.

I have no faith in the manager, but the ship has now sailed on appointing the manager I wanted, much like it did with Pulis when Marco Silva was available.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2018, 08:47:17 AM »
I'm not on Facefk or Tw@tter either, although I do read the latter. I also read other Albion forums and can assure you the levels of urine boiling are going through the roof in certain quarters.

Tactical criticism etc is one thing but some of the one eyed, I'll thought out, poorly conceived and highly personal gumph is reaching genuinely daft proportions. Whilst everyone has an opinion I genuinely wish that I could unread much of what I've taken on board over the last few days and even weeks.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
I'm not on Facefk or Tw@tter either, although I do read the latter. I also read other Albion forums and can assure you the levels of urine boiling are going through the roof in certain quarters.

Tactical criticism etc is one thing but some of the one eyed, I'll thought out, poorly conceived and highly personal gumph is reaching genuinely daft proportions. Whilst everyone has an opinion I genuinely wish that I could unread much of what I've taken on board over the last few days and even weeks.

Daft question but why bother reading it in the first place?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2018, 08:50:40 AM »

Simply don't read it then!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2018, 08:54:49 AM »

If you are reading Twitter then you are openly going in with your eyes open as to what you are going to read. Blimey, on Instagram a few days ago someone typed a message to Karen Carney wishing Cancer and rape upon her; this is the level of moron you are dealing with on such platforms.

Stick to reading this forum whereby, generally, you will get a balanced view on people's thoughts. In game threads are always risky as people are reacting as it happens, but after match debates I find on here to be generally well reasoned and the staff, much as they frustrate at times in removing certain posts that should not be removed, do a good job in ensuring those who cannot give a reasoned argument no longer post on here.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2018, 08:56:54 AM »
Daft question but why bother reading it in the first place?

Tw@tter and other forums can be very funny, unfortunately I don't know what I'm going to read before I've read it. Same as here on occasions.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »
Simply don't read it then!

Sorry chap, my balls are made of meat and not crystal.

If I didn't read other people's points of view I wouldn't know what they were.

Psychic filtering would be good though.

I'll put one on my Christmas list so long as it's not too early to mention the 'C' word of course.

And if it is well I'm afraid you've already read it 😉 .

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
If you are reading Twitter then you are openly going in with your eyes open as to what you are going to read.

Very true sir. But as for just sticking to one forum or platform that's a bit like telling someone to only eat a certain brand of baked beans because the 'after' smell's more palatable. It's not that I have no interest in the opinions of other's, it's just that certain people are lamentably lacking in any kind of consistency. Up in the clouds one minute, down and dirty in the sewer the next.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:18:24 AM by SmethDan »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:12 AM »
At home we are a match for anyone so no reason why we can't turn these over. That being said, there will come a time when we lose 2 in a row and, on the back of Saturday, it could be tonight. If we do get beat, it will be Darren's biggest test to date as he may need to make some decisions which he has been able to avoid so far, due to the quality of our results. Among these would be: dropping Mears, dropping / moving Brunt from CM, giving the likes of Field, Burke and Edwards more opportunity, especially from the bench. Maybe even reverting to a back 4 when Phillips not fit.
Personally, I would like to see some of these changes starting tonight (Mears and Brunt out) but, other than those enforced by injuries / suspensions, I don't expect to.
We'll still have enough though 2-1.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »
At home we are a match for anyone so no reason why we can't turn these over. That being said, there will come a time when we lose 2 in a row and, on the back of Saturday, it could be tonight. If we do get beat, it will be Darren's biggest test to date as he may need to make some decisions which he has been able to avoid so far, due to the quality of our results. Among these would be: dropping Mears, dropping / moving Brunt from CM, giving the likes of Field, Burke and Edwards more opportunity, especially from the bench. Maybe even reverting to a back 4 when Phillips not fit.
Personally, I would like to see some of these changes starting tonight (Mears and Brunt out) but, other than those enforced by injuries / suspensions, I don't expect to.
We'll still have enough though 2-1.

Just in case you, or anyone else, is headed to the Shrine tonight....the game is tomorrow  ;)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2018, 11:37:06 AM »
No worries Frank, such are the pressures of a globetrotting 'Korea'.

Even the best laid plans can go South 😉.

Hope you have a good good one pal 😎 .
Shanghai this time mate
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2018, 11:39:12 AM »
Just in case you, or anyone else, is headed to the Shrine tonight....the game is tomorrow  ;)
That's a fair point, well made mate.
I'm sure if you leave it long enough though someone will even argue with that! :)

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2018, 11:56:24 AM »

It's a symptom of modern life people let rip on the internet for the most trivial of reasons football is no exception when we lose a game I give the media a miss until people have got over their hissy fits.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2018, 02:02:52 PM »
That's a fair point, well made mate.
I'm sure if you leave it long enough though someone will even argue with that! :)

Pedant alert

If you do leave it long enough, it Will be tonight !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2018, 02:59:21 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
Matt Phillips fit and available for tomorrow according to Express and Star:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/10/23/matt-phillips-fit-and-available-for-west-broms-clash-with-derby/

The Bham Mail has him both fit and unfit so doubt if anybody except Moore and Phillips know if he's available or not.
I'm as much concerned about not yet seeing Sako at least making the bench.

Just seen this not a confirmation but apparently we might see him in a game at long last

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/23/darren-moore-says-bakary-sako-could-make-west-bromwich-albion-de/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:20:07 PM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »
Well at least we've beaten our home attendance for the Bristol City game which was the last midweek league fixture. We have sold just over 20,300.

There are no tickets for sale for Derby now so I presume they've sold the last few tickets on offer to them.

Attendance will be just over 23,000.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2018, 10:41:56 PM »
I really hope that Phillips is ready for this one. Playing the system we do he is a must, especially for home games.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2018, 12:51:42 AM »
Just like to see a 90 minute performance from the team with mears and Brunt no where near the starting line up.