Author Topic: 29 Dec 2018 Albion 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1  (Read 38868 times)

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2018, 05:49:42 PM »
If it is off the ball th n he can bring it back. What was odd was that they got the ball where the incident occurred, despite having a shot at goal via the advantage.

The ref was playing advantage for the initial challenge, then will say he followed the ball and missed the "afters".

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2018, 05:56:37 PM »
I thought the team we started with was pretty poor by big dave. Yes you have to freshen It up but surely there are better ways to do so. Brunt is no cm why not give field or Harper a go. Sako is a wing forward not a cf. what about one of the kids playing wing forward? We lacked pace and energy today.

Having gone down to 10 men rightly or wrongly to then get something out of the game was huge. It's a shame we didn't win today as we would have gone second and been just 3 behind Leeds.

Having said that I didn't expect Leeds to drop points today. We're still unbeaten and we're a point closer to the top 2. Got to follow it up at ewood with a win
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2018, 06:12:59 PM »
I thought the team selection today was wrong. When we're missing important players we can not afford to leave others out.

First half we were poor. Some people have been waiting to see Sako play, I thought he was awful. He received far more of the ball than either of our other two forwards and did absolutely nothing with it. His lack of vision failing to see Harvey Barnes free in about twenty yards of space summed up his performance. Barnes was anonymous so was Rodriguez and there was no tempo or drive to our play.

The goal we conceded was terrible. Adarabioyo conceding a needless corner with an awful touch. We desperately need a right back. Didn't defend the corner well enough but will need to see it back to analyse it further. We need Hegazi back, Bartley is awful. His misjudgement of one particular pass was comical which saw him almost running off the pitch while the ball went in the opposite direction, shocking.

Second half saw an improvement from the off. Barnes started to come into the game more but J Rod getting sent off didn't help our cause. I didn't see the incident at the ground so won't comment yet on whether or not the red card was justified.

Big Dave straight away made 3 subs and they made a difference. Phillips carried us down the right driving at Wednesday and we started getting deliveries into the box. Umpteen corners, most of them poor deliveries but finally one landed to Brunt who with the aid of at least one defender rescued us a point which overall I felt for our pressure, persistence and sheer will deserved in the end.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2018, 06:22:50 PM »
Matt Wilson Twitter account:

#wba will appeal Jay Rodriguez's red card

Moore: "It's a nothing challenge."

Bullen: "I was surprised he held the red up."
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2018, 06:24:12 PM »
Definitely a point gained in those circumstances. Sheff Wed restricted space really well and although we were trying to play wide, we were outnumbered in every pocket of space. Even though we were absolutely awful for the most of it the boys showed a desire and determination to not be beaten, which was pleasing.

The three central midfielders were terrible though. Morrison looked well off the pace and the less said of Brunt in the middle of the park the better.

Also, I said the same thing the last game but, if we do not have a right back ready to go on January the first it could cost us. Tosin looks horribly exposed and is costing us goals with mistake after mistake.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2018, 06:30:40 PM »
From my position saw JRod have a little step on after the initial incident the Lino put his flag up and knew it was going to be a red even if contact was minimal.You can't have those 3 in midfield only Jake got a tackle in him, Mozza did what he does best steal wages for impersonating the invisible man and Brunt is a joke if you going to use the wand at least tell some your going for the back post or beyond.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »
use your bench, Barry our best midfielder should be protected better give him 60 or 70 minutes not 90. Sako not seen in months gets on a head of HRK who Moore has preferred all season and Brunt is not a central midfielder.
Very rare do we agree, but this 100%
I'm not getting on moores back but he does show some naivety and strange decisions , HRK should have started and sako goes on the wing for Phillips

Brunt is finished for us, positional play was terrible, delivery has dropped off
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2018, 06:46:16 PM »
From my position saw JRod have a little step on after the initial incident the Lino put his flag up and knew it was going to be a red even if contact was minimal.You can't have those 3 in midfield only Jake got a tackle in him, Mozza did what he does best steal wages for impersonating the invisible man and Brunt is a joke if you going to use the wand at least tell some your going for the back post or beyond.
watched it on twitter no way is it a booking never mind a red card shocking decision by ref and lines man.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2018, 06:49:44 PM »
I thought the team we started with was pretty poor by big dave. Yes you have to freshen It up but surely there are better ways to do so. Brunt is no cm why not give field or Harper a go. Sako is a wing forward not a cf. what about one of the kids playing wing forward? We lacked pace and energy today.

Having gone down to 10 men rightly or wrongly to then get something out of the game was huge. It's a shame we didn't win today as we would have gone second and been just 3 behind Leeds.

Having said that I didn't expect Leeds to drop points today. We're still unbeaten and we're a point closer to the top 2. Got to follow it up at ewood with a win

Sako played on the left and right wing for all the time he was on, save for five minutes when he and Rodriguez swapped in the first half.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »
watched it on twitter no way is it a booking never mind a red card shocking decision by ref and lines man.
that view on Twitter is totally different to what anyone in the brummie saw, there was a clear flick out after jumping over him.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »
that view on Twitter is totally different to what anyone in the brummie saw, there was a clear flick out after jumping over him.

Looked like a flick from the Smethwick too.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2018, 07:39:53 PM »
Awful selection
Awful performance
Awful red card decision
Fantastic result

Shows that we have just as much resilience as Norwich and Leeds and are very much in this title race but, please Darren, no more Brunt in the centre and get in a right back and a centre forward.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2018, 08:21:45 PM »
26,548 at the game today. That is the highest gate of the season. 2,720 from Sheffield. 23,828 Albion behind only 24,450 v Wigan and 23,896 v Villa.

matt_wba912

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »

agreed, from Brummie it looked a deliberate kick out at the player

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »
too many changes upset our rhythm. Brunt and Morrison who've barely played for a month suddenly get thrown the fray! Brunt in CM is never going to work it's  been tried far too many times and proved to be a poor decision too many times to be tried again.Morrison unfortunately had one of his anonymous displays so he'll probably be MOTM next outing. we've got no one who can replace Phillips so we lost a major offensive player. looked more like a team picked in hope it could work rather than one that will work.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2018, 08:59:34 PM »
Abject, lacklustre display yet again.

Take the I point and move on. We just do not have tactics or motivation so unless you have Gayle and Barry with their far superior quality, we’ll struggle with this manager

Is this a joke? We are unbeaten in 9 and just won 4 in a row.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »
Not a vintage performance but saving a point when down to 10-men will do us for now, particularly when Leeds & Norwich have slipped up today. We have to be careful now though as Sheff U only 2 pts behind us!

For their goal, the boy made a mistake conceding the corner but I think people on here forget that he IS still a boy (and playing out of position). Johnstone also at fault for me as rooted to his line once again for the entirety of the phase of play after the corner - redeemed himself somewhat with the 2 saves in the first half after that though it must be said.

Would much rather have seen Tosin partner Dawson in the middle than the woeful Bartley (more on him later), could've stuck Gibbs at right back for the day and Brunt left back maybe (he was also woeful in CM again despite his goal)

At the end of last season I thought we'd seen the last appearance of Barry after the Taxi incident, but I can now honestly say that I think he's redeemed himself for us this season; as we look lost at times when he isn't in the middle to pull the strings for us; with it being the same again today. We took control even down to 10 when he came on.

Bartley....what can I even say, mistakes were a constant again and then lashed out verbally at the others around him each time he made a new mistake. Very telling that Gibbs went right back at him, told him not to talk like him to that and called him a 3rd rate amateur; with some choice expletives in between; (If you were close enough to them in the Brummie road when they were chippy with each other then you'd also have heard the exchange). So they seemingly dislike each other based on that exchange; which is not a good sign if we are wanting a cohesive defence; The sooner Hegazi is back the better as we missed him today.

All of the above said, we dug deep and snatched a draw out of the jaws of a defeat so we'll take it, move on and go again! We showed great resilience and it could end up being a vital point come the end of the season...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:15:46 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2018, 09:36:38 PM »
Two points dropped by coach and his team selection and inability to rotate squad

There you have it, the squad isn't good enough to rotate.
The first eleven virtually picks itself when everyone is fit, the problem arises when we have enforced changes.
The weakness in this team is the bench.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2018, 10:12:09 PM »
so is it officially a Brunt or an own goal?
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2018, 12:06:20 AM »
Love Darren Moore but hmmmm today.  Selection was wrong, unbalanced and lacking threat.  Brunt in CM no no no no no no positionally poor and the wand is no longer magic.  Sakho a massive disappointment and offered less than HRK, 0a lack of match sharpness or best day's behind him? Bartley puts the team on edge when he is on the ball, a better second half but not by much.   

I thought that today was proof that we are a play-off rather than top 2 side but then the top two lost.  Anybody's title but we do need to strengthen.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2018, 01:02:27 AM »
It’s to be expected from Fritz. I wrote a response then deleted it. No point and a waste of my time.

Can never be a waste of time replying to someone who is more often than not correct. I was correct in the time we should have removed Pulis, I was correct that 5 at the back was seriously holding us back, that Brunt is never a central midfielder etc...

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2018, 02:00:08 AM »
Can never be a waste of time replying to someone who is more often than not correct. I was correct in the time we should have removed Pulis, I was correct that 5 at the back was seriously holding us back, that Brunt is never a central midfielder etc...

Your comment was "abject, lacklustre display yet again".  That is incorrect...

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2018, 02:12:58 AM »
I feel I should point out that many others have voiced the same opinions on those obvious matters.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
I am with Fritzi's comments generally speaking. I also think many posters really believe that Darren is running the show. I think that Mr Jones is the real leader.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride