Author Topic: Ishmael Miller  (Read 7908 times)

mulumbuman

Ishmael Miller
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
I have got a forever growing feeling that Miller will be of substantial benefit to us in this upcoming season...a sort of pheonix from the flame like style..

anyone agree...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:17:17 PM by Political Cake »

CrackedLCD

Re: Good Old Ishmale
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
Yeah... His transfer fee will come in handy...

mulumbuman

Re: Good Old Ishmale
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:18:05 PM »
Yeah... His transfer fee will come in handy...

haha... -_-  no, I can really see him performing exceedingly well this season....

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Ishmael Miller
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 07:25:14 PM »
I disagree unfortunately. The time out injured has ended any chance of him making it as a decent enough player at Premier League level, he was only just starting to improve as a player when he got his injury and he still had a very long way to go even then. I doubt he will play much of a part next season in all honesty, if he does I can only see it being a bit part role off the bench.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
I have got a forever growing feeling that Miller will be of substantial benefit to us in this upcoming season...a sort of pheonix from the flame like style..

anyone agree...

No sorry don't agree in the slightest. 

More like bambi on ice.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 07:29:25 PM »
He's missed a few years of development and unfortunately why he's stalled our club has moved forward and we're now currently needing better. At the time, Ishmael Miller was what we needed, however, we've gone up a level or two and we're now needing to improve on him. His chances of first team football are very bleak in my opinion. If we add another striker over the summer that will only weaken his chances of featuring in the first team.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BaggieBoiJono

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »
He isnt good enough, with all the will in the world.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
To be fair to him, he had just hit some real form at the top level when he got injured.
Missing two years  for a young player hoping to make it at the top level is probably a bridge too far and he looks average Championship at best now.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:00:46 PM »
Injuries have played a significant part in his career here no doubt but he is one footed and his heading ability is non existant for a player of his size., very lazy at times (sitting on the floor sulking about not getting a free kick in one game springs to mind) Running down the right drifting in on his left foot he's fantastic but he can't do it all the while.

I'd love him to prove me wrong and be a success but I think a move away is the best thing for us and him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 08:51:14 PM »
I'd keep him, with a full pre season on top of the spell he had at QPR he should be quite sharp and we should be able to make a proper judgement on him. He has for a short time at least, shown he can hack it at the top level, so he's worth a chance.

Rich99

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 09:31:10 PM »
From what I've seen of him in the  friendly games so far, he isn't looking too hot.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:33:51 PM by Rich99 »

DudleyDan

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »
I'd keep him, with a full pre season on top of the spell he had at QPR he should be quite sharp and we should be able to make a proper judgement on him. He has for a short time at least, shown he can hack it at the top level, so he's worth a chance.

When has he ever shown he can hack it at the top level? He was pretty poor for QPR to be honest.

People look back at the TM season before his injury with rose tinted glasses. He missed everything for 7-8 games and get a tap-in against Newcastle and an ok goal against Blackburn - that was it.

Rich99

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 09:43:50 PM »
He used to be very pacey, if he can't get that back I fear he may be doomed as a Prem' quality striker at least....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:45:36 PM by Rich99 »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 10:15:54 PM »
I think we have already seen the best of Ishmael Miller, thanks a lot you were handsomely paid time to move on
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »
Can someone tell me why we gave him a new contract while he was still injured?

I can only think JP was hoping he to negotiate the contract while he was injured to keep wages lower.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
He used to be very pacey, if he can't get that back I fear he may be doomed as a Prem' quality striker at least....
Doomed as a footballer, more like.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
Injuries have played a significant part in his career here no doubt but he is one footed and his heading ability is non existant for a player of his size., very lazy at times (sitting on the floor sulking about not getting a free kick in one game springs to mind) Running down the right drifting in on his left foot he's fantastic but he can't do it all the while.

I'd love him to prove me wrong and be a success but I think a move away is the best thing for us and him.
...and when playing away to Bristol Rovers in an FA Cup game...

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 11:03:37 PM »
more chance of bednar having a role dependant of if and what type of striker we buy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:20:08 PM by B_H_Baggie »

Beddoe121

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »
Hoping that we sell him off, had a good season few years back, ive never really rated him at all, but if we want to move forward then i think his transfer fees will be more use than his playing ability.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 11:46:01 PM »
Hoping that we sell him off, had a good season few years back, ive never really rated him at all, but if we want to move forward then i think his transfer fees will be more use than his playing ability.
Is a ten-bob note still legal then? :D

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 12:03:21 AM »
I've got a soft spot for Miller but its time for him to move on. Would love him to do well somewhere else he seems like a good guy.

Beddoe121

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 12:24:18 AM »
Is a ten-bob note still legal then? :D

Would have to be ;)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 01:06:32 AM »
For me he's missed the boat.
He was bought in with Dorrans and Mulumbu. At the time he was easily a head of them. Now they're miles ahead, and all of a similar age. It shows how much they've developed, and if anything he's got worse over the years, due to losing pace after the injury - which was one of his best attributes.

It's no secret I'm a fan of Bednar, and I'd like to see him kept over Miller - as he seems much better at finishing. I do think Miller could get maybe 10-15 goals at Championship level, but he's too undeveloped and isn't good enough in the air or with his right foot.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 01:14:39 AM »
When has he ever shown he can hack it at the top level? He was pretty poor for QPR to be honest.

People look back at the TM season before his injury with rose tinted glasses. He missed everything for 7-8 games and get a tap-in against Newcastle and an ok goal against Blackburn - that was it.

Just read this. My above opinion shows I'm not exactly a fan of Miller but come on...give the man some credit. His Blackburn goal was absolute quality. Probably our best goal of the season in fact! He at least deserves that.

Sussex-Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »
I don't think he is good enough to perform consistently in the Premier League, so he would be the first striker I would try to get rid of this summer if an acceptable offer comes in for him.

When we got promoted in The Championship under Roberto Di Matteo, I remember Ishmael Miller playing reasonably well for a handful of games around March. However, that is the last time I can remember him getting even close to replicating his form of our previous campaign in The Championship, which unfortunately suggests that injuries have probably taken their toll.

He did have all the attributes to cause Premier League defences problems with his pace and power, but I think the best outcome for all concerned would be for him to join a club in The Championship this summer.