Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854491 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #4125 on: June 30, 2023, 08:21:14 AM »
Chansiri has spoken on Moore's departure.

Darren Moore asked for a 400 percent pay rise at a minimum, on a 3 year deal.

Chansiri offers a payrise but not at this figure,Dave declines so they agree on mutual split.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4126 on: June 30, 2023, 02:50:06 PM »
Chansiri has spoken on Moore's departure.

Darren Moore asked for a 400 percent pay rise at a minimum, on a 3 year deal.

Chansiri offers a payrise but not at this figure,Dave declines so they agree on mutual split.

It's tough to imagine Darren demanding a 4x pay increase, but say he was on £2k a week, going to £8k isn't unreasonable, I don't think.

Ultimately, it's unlikely DM will say anything in response, so we will only have one side of the story.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4127 on: June 30, 2023, 02:56:18 PM »
It's tough to imagine Darren demanding a 4x pay increase, but say he was on £2k a week, going to £8k isn't unreasonable, I don't think.

Ultimately, it's unlikely DM will say anything in response, so we will only have one side of the story.

Chansiri has released it in public via official statement and explicitly stated DM payrise and contract request so if it's untrue it will be very easy for DM to take legal action surely?

No shame in asking for a payrise but as you say it depends what was he on prior to the discussion.  If it was a reasonable amount then 400% is a joke but if DM was underpaid then it's only right.

On Twitter there was something saying that the average L1 manager gets around 150k a year and an average champo manager gets about £650k a year. Maybe that's what DM was basing his 4x payrise request on. Thing is DM hasn't done anything at Champo level as a manager other than fail here so he needs to reign himself in a bit if that's what it's based on.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:00:19 PM by gazberg »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4128 on: July 01, 2023, 08:43:59 AM »
Chansiri has released it in public via official statement and explicitly stated DM payrise and contract request so if it's untrue it will be very easy for DM to take legal action surely?

No shame in asking for a payrise but as you say it depends what was he on prior to the discussion.  If it was a reasonable amount then 400% is a joke but if DM was underpaid then it's only right.

On Twitter there was something saying that the average L1 manager gets around 150k a year and an average champo manager gets about £650k a year. Maybe that's what DM was basing his 4x payrise request on. Thing is DM hasn't done anything at Champo level as a manager other than fail here so he needs to reign himself in a bit if that's what it's based on.

I disagree
If he took a job based on a contract that he had negotiated then those are the terms.
If he isn’t savvy enough to put in an increase in the event of promotion then more fool him and his representatives.
Does anyone belive that Corberan wouldn’t have inserted such a clause?, anyone thinks that Kompany is on the same this week that he was in January?
If it’s true then it shows that he really should have been cleverer when signing.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4129 on: July 01, 2023, 09:25:23 AM »
I disagree
If he took a job based on a contract that he had negotiated then those are the terms.
If he isn’t savvy enough to put in an increase in the event of promotion then more fool him and his representatives.
Does anyone belive that Corberan wouldn’t have inserted such a clause?, anyone thinks that Kompany is on the same this week that he was in January?
If it’s true then it shows that he really should have been cleverer when signing.

That's why i said no shame in asking for a payrise based on the successful season. Doesn't mean he's automatically entitled to 400% though if true.

Sounds like Chansiri was happy to give him a payrise and new deal just not at 400% from his old deal.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4130 on: July 01, 2023, 10:01:28 AM »
Yeah, entirely depends on what Dave's wage was before.  400% means nothing unless you know that.

I would be incredibly surprised if he's suddenly become a greedy, money based manager.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4131 on: July 01, 2023, 12:48:08 PM »

I read an article which outlined the back and forth of their contract negotiations. I was left with the impression that Chansiri should change his name to Chancer. It read like utter bull shine.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4132 on: July 01, 2023, 04:28:53 PM »
I read an article which outlined the back and forth of their contract negotiations. I was left with the impression that Chansiri should change his name to Chancer. It read like utter bull shine.

Got a link please Dan?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4133 on: July 01, 2023, 04:38:33 PM »
Got a link please Dan?

Read the official statement from Chansiri and hear it from the horses mouth

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4134 on: July 01, 2023, 04:40:37 PM »
Read the official statement from Chansiri and hear it from the horses mouth

Oh that. Well, like I say if it's wrong DM can take action to prove it.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4136 on: July 01, 2023, 04:41:47 PM »
Cheers Dan, have read it. Thought there was something different.

Hopefully DM takes legal action to prove hin wrong.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4137 on: July 01, 2023, 04:45:25 PM »
Cheers Dan, have read it. Thought there was something different.

Hopefully DM takes legal action to prove hin wrong.

Even if he is telling the truth it seems wrong to broadcast it all, no? Should be private.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4138 on: July 01, 2023, 04:51:59 PM »
Even if he is telling the truth it seems wrong to broadcast it all, no? Should be private.

The back and forth vagueness leads me to politely suggest there's a whiff in the air....

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4139 on: July 01, 2023, 05:06:16 PM »
The back and forth vagueness leads me to politely suggest there's a whiff in the air....

Of bull shine

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4140 on: January 29, 2024, 12:33:04 PM »
Sacked by Huddersfield now.

3 wins in 23.

As I said when he was here, superb bloke, poor manager.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4141 on: January 29, 2024, 01:01:27 PM »

3 wins in 23.

I would say he is a good manager based on what he achieved at Sheffield Wednesday however I would say at lower level League 1 and below

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4142 on: January 29, 2024, 01:15:05 PM »

3 wins in 23.

Fully agree. Love the bloke but not a champo level manager sadly

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4143 on: January 29, 2024, 01:32:33 PM »
In fairness although he chose to take both jobs I can't imagine the owners of Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield being dream employers. And while I felt he underachieved with the resources at his disposal here neither is Lai.

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4144 on: April 19, 2024, 10:10:17 AM »
I haven't seen loads of Leicester in their recent run of form but did watch them against Plymouth where they were vulnerable in transition and especially behind the full backs.

Corberan likes to setup 442 out of possession so with that in mind, I'd like to see two of of Wallace, Diangana, Fellows or Johnston as the two with Phillips in one of the wide positions.

Personally I wouldn't mind to see us set up 433/451 with maybe Phillips in central midfield like we did against Leeds under Darren Moore, we were very good in transition that night.

Moore did show a bit of tactical awareness didn't he? What happened? Too much reliance on his coaches?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4145 on: April 19, 2024, 10:47:53 AM »
Moore did show a bit of tactical awareness didn't he?

I must have missed that game  ;D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4146 on: April 19, 2024, 10:50:13 AM »
Moore did show a bit of tactical awareness didn't he? What happened? Too much reliance on his coaches?

He just wasn't very good

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4147 on: April 19, 2024, 10:59:26 AM »
He just wasn't very good

Maybe, but he was better than anything before him since Clarke in my opinion. We were a busted flush by then, and with a decent squad too.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4148 on: April 19, 2024, 11:04:54 AM »
Maybe, but he was better than anything before him since Clarke in my opinion. We were a busted flush by then, and with a decent squad too.

He should never have been appointed. He wasnt ready and it was obvious l. Still it was a relatively cheap and easy option for Lais boys setting the standard for years to come

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4149 on: April 19, 2024, 11:06:08 AM »
He just wasn't very good
not sure, Succeeded at Doncaster and Wednesday (despite issues with the owner) but he failed badly with Huddersfield and is struggling with Port Vale. With his time with us being decent if unspectacular overall (context wise he did a great job and we could’ve done MUCH worse) he’s been more of a success than a failure so is it issues at the last 2 clubs or a general trend? We’ll have to find out.