Author Topic: Stadium changes over the Summer  (Read 38001 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Stadium changes over the Summer
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »

Agreed.

£25 might be cheap by Premiership standards but it's still a disgraceful price for 90 minutes entertainment. £15 tops would be more like it.

Cheaper than most top gigs though and they are usually around 90 mins long. I paid £25 to see The Stranglers recently (more if you include booking fee) and they played for 90 mins (just). The Specials are playing in Leeds in November and it's £40 plus booking fee.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2014, 10:39:05 PM »
Hope when we are at home  V man city we charge them the same as they charged us at their place ..
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!

kamarasboot

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2014, 11:34:42 PM »
Went to Chelsea last night for their final friendly - got to experience the new 'HD' floodlights. I presume ours will be the same. Great when looking onto the pitch, almost feels like you're watching it in the daytime. When you try to follow the flight of the ball in the air and you feel like your being blinded!
"He can dish it out, but He cannot take it", I once heard someone say of me. And it's true - I serve school dinners and I'm allergic to mashed potatoes.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2014, 01:31:42 AM »
Hope when we are at home  V man city we charge them the same as they charged us at their place ..

Home stand tickets to non season ticket holders would also then have to be charged at £52 so not going to happen.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2014, 10:10:27 AM »
Went to Chelsea last night for their final friendly - got to experience the new 'HD' floodlights. I presume ours will be the same. Great when looking onto the pitch, almost feels like you're watching it in the daytime. When you try to follow the flight of the ball in the air and you feel like your being blinded!

Ours are the same, when they were on on Saturday for the Porto game when I looked up to follow the flight of the ball as I was towards the front of the East Stand I felt like I could still see the lights for 10 minutes after glancing at them. Was like looking at the sun for a second.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
Had a quick look at the available tickets on the ticketing website, shows around 1200 tickets for tomorrow, plus say 100 people on holiday .

Attendance tomorrow 25,000ish . Can't sell out the cheaper games for the opener. No need to expand yet.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2014, 07:09:16 PM »
Had a quick look at the available tickets on the ticketing website, shows around 1200 tickets for tomorrow, plus say 100 people on holiday .

Attendance tomorrow 25,000ish . Can't sell out the cheaper games for the opener. No need to expand yet.
We will sell out if whats on the field of play is worth going for! Simple as!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »

Maybe we need them?  Make us look good and blind them :) don't understand how you can have high definition lights?

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »
I'd like drunken lights! Have 2 to 3 times more players on the pitch :)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2014, 07:20:36 PM »
Newcastle have spent nearly 2 million on extra lights, apparently the best football stadium lighting system in the country
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »
I thought that the PA system in the Brummie Road was awful today. I couldn't hear anything that was said over it. It was never a problem in the past.
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
I thought that the PA system in the Brummie Road was awful today. I couldn't hear anything that was said over it. It was never a problem in the past.
Totally agree, couldn't make out anything from the back of the Brummie.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »
Maybe we need them?  Make us look good and blind them :) don't understand how you can have high definition lights?
They're LED lights. Better viewing for the telly fans, obviously not so good for the viewing spectators. Watched them being installed at Chelsea at both ends of the ground, and thought then that they were very low.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

kamarasboot

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2014, 11:17:13 PM »
There are very low at Chelsea, underneath the stadium roof not on top which seems on. I suppose it's the price you pay for the influx of TV money, more about the experience of the armchair viewer than that of the fan in the stands!
"He can dish it out, but He cannot take it", I once heard someone say of me. And it's true - I serve school dinners and I'm allergic to mashed potatoes.

kamarasboot

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »

I call them 'HD' lights because that's why teams have had them installed, it's to assist watching the games in HD on the telly

NEBaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:55 PM »
I call them 'HD' lights because that's why teams have had them installed, it's to assist watching the games in HD on the telly

I don't know if that makes me a bit sad...teams now actually having to install lights to assist those at home over those actually at the game.  :-[
"Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight."

I guess I'm in love with West Brom...I have been for around 3 months now.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
I don't know if that makes me a bit sad...teams now actually having to install lights to assist those at home over those actually at the game.  :-[
televised games tend to have a larger audience (as they not only cover the nation, but other countries too), so they'd argue that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

FIFA also asked the countries to wear monotone kits during the World Cup, some agreed and some refused. the FA most likely made the lights a rule.

NEBaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »
You make a shrewd point and I totally accept that.

I guess I am just an old soul,hankering for a yesteryear I never knew, really...

"Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight."

I guess I'm in love with West Brom...I have been for around 3 months now.