Author Topic: 4 Mar 2021 Albion 0 Everton 1  (Read 28323 times)

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2021, 11:55:22 PM »
Watched the Diane  goal a few times and I still don’t see how the linesman flagged for offside  because the Everton player was blocking his view and are you telling me the linesman saw his foot was offside. Then we don’t see the full VAR picture . Am I suspicious , yes. All to convenient.

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2021, 02:17:10 AM »
Watched the Diane  goal a few times and I still don’t see how the linesman flagged for offside  because the Everton player was blocking his view and are you telling me the linesman saw his foot was offside. Then we don’t see the full VAR picture . Am I suspicious , yes. All to convenient.

Agree. The hastiness of it and that weird angle they quickly showed leads me to believe they didn’t get a shot of the direct proper line and didn’t want to admit they missed it.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2021, 07:01:26 AM »
Shame to lose after a much better display. Still not enough of a cutting edge though. I thought theirs was a good goal to be honest and don’t go along with the let’s blame Johnston culture.

Many of the goals we concede, it seems the “Let’s blame Johnstone” culture comes into play.

Next Sam Johnstone will be blamed for Diagne being offside which he clearly was with the linesman immediately flagging followed by a clear VAR decision and even Allardyce agreeing he was “millimetres offside”. Someone should teach Diagne the offside rule as it happens often.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2021, 07:15:02 AM »
There goal was a calamity of errors from ours defence and keeper. We cleared straight to the corner kicker who had another stab, not closed down either. Johnstone came and missed the ball, but it looks like he was impeded by one of our own who took him out while trying to challenge for the ball. Can't take away that it was a great cross and great finish.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2021, 07:49:27 AM »
Agree. The hastiness of it and that weird angle they quickly showed leads me to believe they didn’t get a shot of the direct proper line and didn’t want to admit they missed it.
I think it’s all relative as it would’ve been checked anyway given how tight it was

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2021, 11:10:54 AM »
An even game which we were on the wrong end of the scoreline. No doubt that we are now competitive in games, the addition of a defensive midfielder,  who has been excellent, and additional energy in midfield has really helped.

I'm I'm little concerned at where the goals are coming from though, whilst we created chances in the counter vs United and Burnley, we aren't creating much and as a team that is going to need to win games, it is a concern.

I thought Ancelotti did well changing the system to a diamond with his subs, it pinned us back and they scored in that period. Allardyce never really reacted to it and his subs didn't really have a positive influence.

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2021, 12:12:24 PM »
Only complaint tonight was Kanu coming on, no way he should be playing at this level, never in his career has he been this level, awful player.
The rest, fantastic! Great performance considering what's gone before.
The dream is over now, all about next season.
Roll on August.
Who would you have brought on then?

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2021, 12:18:00 PM »
Hinchcliffe is a massive tit.

Everton had a ten minute spell following the introduction of Allan where they grabbed themselves a goal. I certainly wouldn’t say they dominated.

Great sub from Ancelotti as Allan came onto the field and nullified us as at the time of his introduction we were by far the better team.
Well who did Hinchcliffe play for?!!!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2021, 12:18:58 PM »
Who would you have brought on then?

That's our issue, sadly. Snodgrass aside, there was next to nothing on the bench to impact the game. The rest are all Championship and lower.

I know he wasn't on the bench last night but Diangana needs another season in the Championship which he will get next season to restore his confidence and form

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2021, 12:32:30 PM »
Ive seen us get battered this season, and i was gutted, but i havent felt as gutted as i did last night. We didnt deserve to lose that game!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2021, 12:40:54 PM »
Gutted after loss but have to put this game into perspective, played really well against a good Everton side. On another day we would have got a result, still think side can be improved with the inclusion of Snodgrass at expense of Phillips.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2021, 05:47:10 PM »
anyway it was massive improvement on the weekend, well done all involved (including Allardyce)

And Yosulku sold himself tonight, bids will be lining up from all sorts.
Hopefully we are one of the bidders
Albion Pride Of The Black Country