Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123443 times)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1325 on: December 14, 2016, 11:41:55 PM »
That last header was superb. The others were good but that was something else. Usually a player would either loop it on target with no power or go for power and put it wide, but to do both was fantastic.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1326 on: December 14, 2016, 11:45:58 PM »
Absolutely superb and a really likable lad too from all you see and hear of him. Some superb headers, if we provide the ammunition for him he will put them away

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1327 on: December 14, 2016, 11:57:30 PM »
took me right back to big cyrilles days,have we had better than big Sal since those great days?

Not counting Lukaku and Odemwingie aside we haven't had a striker with the pedigree of Rondon since the early 80s. We've had some great strikers Goodman Taylor Hunt Hughes Roberts Earnshaw Phillips Berahino to name a few but yes Rondon is a better player than any of them.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1328 on: December 15, 2016, 12:59:10 AM »
Not counting Lukaku and Odemwingie aside we haven't had a striker with the pedigree of Rondon since the early 80s. We've had some great strikers Goodman Taylor Hunt Hughes Roberts Earnshaw Phillips Berahino to name a few but yes Rondon is a better player than any of them.
:D Lukaku was pretty handy don't forget even though he was only a season long loan....but Rondon will do me at the moment...he is brutal when he gets good service

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1329 on: December 15, 2016, 06:35:22 AM »
Could have sworn that they said he was only the second player ever to score headed hat trick in the Premier League
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1330 on: December 15, 2016, 07:10:09 AM »
Could have sworn that they said he was only the second player ever to score headed hat trick in the Premier League

Correct - Duncan Ferguson in 1997 against Bolton was the first.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1331 on: December 15, 2016, 07:41:51 AM »
bit of perspective please, rondons decent but he certainly isn't on a par with regis,

There are times he's more like big Cynthia than big Cyrille .

Still got a lot of work to do on first touch and knowing when to win free kicks for me .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1332 on: December 15, 2016, 07:53:44 AM »
There are times he's more like big Cynthia than big Cyrille .

Still got a lot of work to do on first touch and knowing when to win free kicks for me .

you mean cheat?

Not for me
MAGA!

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1333 on: December 15, 2016, 08:20:28 AM »
you mean cheat?

Not for me

It's not cheating it's knowing when to slow the game down to suit our situation .

Robson Kanu did it when we were under pressure in injury time out on the right touchline .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1334 on: December 15, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »
It's not cheating it's knowing when to slow the game down to suit our situation .

Robson Kanu did it when we were under pressure in injury time out on the right touchline .

If you go looking for a free kick and over react to the slightest contact, then for me its cheating. Not a part of the game I like to be honest. You can slow the game down through possession etc

I know its part of the game Mo and know where you are coming from, but when I hear comments from the so called TV pundits saying 'he was looking for the contact etc', then for me that's cheating and I cannot believe it is being condoned.

Its a contact sport, we cannot get away from that, but I am not aware of a rule that says 'if another player touches you, you are entitled to over act the touch, do an Oscar winning dive and win a free kick [or penalty] for your team'.

For me I am pleased Rondon is not like that

Chopper Harris would never last more than 5 minutes a game these days.........
MAGA!

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1335 on: December 15, 2016, 08:44:26 AM »
The lad is fantastic. At times hes unplayable and arguably other than Costa the best "target man" or "hold up player" in the league.

Not many play up top top like he does and not many are as good as him.

Loving him at the club although im now doubting how long we can keep him if he continues this form.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1336 on: December 15, 2016, 08:55:49 AM »
Loving him at the club although im now doubting how long we can keep him if he continues this form.

Now that he's up and running properly I'd give the lad the best contract we can afford with 3 years or so added to it and to be fair to him offer a release clause to Champions League clubs at say £40m (given the market these days).

He's a smart and ambitious guy, so he may wish to move up and I can't blame him. But he's a gem and we need to make the most of that.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1337 on: December 15, 2016, 08:57:42 AM »
Now that he's up and running properly I'd give the lad the best contract we can afford with 3 years or so added to it and to be fair to him offer a release clause to Champions League clubs at say £40m (given the market these days).

He's a smart and ambitious guy, so he may wish to move up and I can't blame him. But he's a gem and we need to make the most of that.

If he carries on like that he can have the keys to my house and the missus...... ;D
MAGA!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1338 on: December 15, 2016, 08:59:06 AM »
If he carries on like that he can have the keys to my house and the missus...... ;D

We're trying to keep him! Don't drive him away! :P :-* ;D
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1339 on: December 15, 2016, 09:17:14 AM »
You can keep your ideye's and berahinos. This guy is the real deal, a properly likeable character, actually smiles unless most premier league robots, but his desire to bring others into play and be our true targetman is paying off. Now whos the best striker in the premier league...

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1340 on: December 15, 2016, 09:22:35 AM »
We're trying to keep him! Don't drive him away! :P :-* ;D

Fair point!!!!!
MAGA!

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1341 on: December 15, 2016, 09:30:13 AM »
Do the bunch of idiots on the local radio still think that guy who plays for the mid table championship side Aston Villa is better?

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1342 on: December 15, 2016, 09:40:27 AM »
All i said is that it was like having Cyrille back not that he was as good as the best centre forward to play for the baggies {AND YES I LOVED ASTLE TO }and I will say it for a third time It was like having Cyrille back.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1343 on: December 15, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »
Fantastic hat-trick last night, love the bloke.

Really likeable character, never stops and always gives his all, but has the quality to match.

Kept his head up after he should have scored first half, the last one was fantastic. Best of the lot.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1344 on: December 15, 2016, 11:59:45 AM »
STATS !!!!!!

Rondon has scored 16 goals in the Premier League since the start of last season - 11 more than any other Baggies player. (James Morrison is on five).
The striker's hat-trick was also the quickest by a Baggies player in the Premier League (13 minutes), overtaking the record set by Rob Earnshaw in March 2005 against Charlton (16 minutes).
Chris Brunt - who assisted twice in this game - has 42 Premier League assists for West Brom, 19 more than any other player for the club.
The Baggies have scored 10 goals in their last three home Premier League games - more than they managed in their previous 10 games at the Hawthorns in the competition (8).

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1345 on: December 15, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »
We'll do extremely well to keep him, people who play the lone striker role as well as him are gold dust. Wouldn't be too surprised if Spurs go for him in the summer.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1346 on: December 15, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »
We'll do extremely well to keep him, people who play the lone striker role as well as him are gold dust. Wouldn't be too surprised if Spurs go for him in the summer.
How ironic.
Will they offer to pay it a pound a week again, like Kays catalogue or the Provvie?  :D

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1347 on: December 15, 2016, 12:15:38 PM »
All i said is that it was like having Cyrille back not that he was as good as the best centre forward to play for the baggies {AND YES I LOVED ASTLE TO }and I will say it for a third time It was like having Cyrille back.

I posted on the match thread that the second goal was like watching Cyrille, body shape and power. Fantastic.

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1348 on: December 15, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk//news/article/wba-albion-album-hunt-2710378.aspx?site=desktop&site=desktop

Anyone remember this? Andy Hunt home debut 7 minute 2nd half hat-trick.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1349 on: December 15, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk//news/article/wba-albion-album-hunt-2710378.aspx?site=desktop&site=desktop

Anyone remember this? Andy Hunt home debut 7 minute 2nd half hat-trick.

Remember it well, still got that shirt!!
MAGA!