Author Topic: 28 Nov 2018 Swansea City 1 Albion 2  (Read 26460 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
Gayle won't play the role in a 4-3-3 as well as J Rod does. J Rod has intelligent movement and can come deep and influence the game.

Gayle can do a job but I'd rather have him on the bench, it's not as if we're impotent without him (six goals in two games) and he's a huge weapon to have on the bench.

he's a huge weapon  has he indeed ??  I didn't think this was that sort of site !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 10:28:33 AM »
he's a huge weapon  has he indeed ??  I didn't think this was that sort of site !

;D

I have a pure mind I don't think of things the same way as you.  :P

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 11:05:55 AM »
Would happily take a point, but after there thrashing at the weekend, I feel they are there for the taking.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 12:15:17 PM »
The longer it goes at 0-0 the more vulnerable we appear to be, especially away (Boro, Wigan, Hull), but, they were so pedestrian for Norwich's early goals on Saturday, we have to go at them from the off. Get an early goal and i only see one winner.
4 at the back, Gayle in for J-rod with Sako on the bench.
1-3 and, sadly, Potter staring down the barrel.

Think I'd be more tempted to have Gayle in for HRK with Rodriguez operating wide right.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
Have to be going for it as others have said. If leeds, norwich and boro all win tonight there will be a gap to that top 3 so its our responsibility to keep in touching distance. That said, im optimistic at least 1 will choke tonight (They all have winnable fixtures truth be told, Hull are in big trouble- Norwich Win, preston are missing their top scorer- Boro win, and i feel leeds might bottle it tonight so i fancy a draw there). As for ourselves, i think an entertaining 2-2 draw, which means we have to show up in both our home fixtures next!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 12:37:49 PM »
Think I'd be more tempted to have Gayle in for HRK with Rodriguez operating wide right.

I agree with you Hull Baggie. JRod is much more likely to get a goal than HRK

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 02:07:30 PM »
If we persist with 433 HRK has to play as a left footer purely for balance, also Rodriguez is awful out wide. I'd also go for Gayle in Rodriguez out.

Got a sneaky feeling we might go back to a 3 though. With Bartley coming in for Tosin and Gayle coming in for HRK with Phillips back RWB.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 02:38:37 PM »
If we persist with 433 HRK has to play as a left footer purely for balance, also Rodriguez is awful out wide. I'd also go for Gayle in Rodriguez out.

Got a sneaky feeling we might go back to a 3 though. With Bartley coming in for Tosin and Gayle coming in for HRK with Phillips back RWB.

Reports are suggesting that Bartley is not going to be fit and without any kind of guideline to when he is expected to be available.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2018, 03:01:45 PM »
Reports are suggesting that Bartley is not going to be fit and without any kind of guideline to when he is expected to be available.

Hopefully the reports are correct  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »
I think we have a terrible recent record at Swansea, don't we?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »
I think we have a terrible recent record at Swansea, don't we?

I only recall the one recent win there when Mulumbu scored.

We should be beating them. Really poor side now, lost any quality in the summer and they are threadbare now

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 08:41:52 PM »

Is Sako left footed? Not sure if he’s fit but maybe drop HRK for Sako & Gayle in for JRod, big risk dropping both & playing 2 guys who haven’t played with each other before.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2018, 06:48:29 AM »
Sako is left footed. Frankly the little I've seen of him I haven't been all that impressed and I wouldn't put him in the team ahead of HRK at the moment. Moore does have to make a choice between Gayle and Rodriguez at Centre Forward there is only room for one in the team. This may have always been the case.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2018, 09:23:57 AM »
Sako is left footed. Frankly the little I've seen of him I haven't been all that impressed and I wouldn't put him in the team ahead of HRK at the moment. Moore does have to make a choice between Gayle and Rodriguez at Centre Forward there is only room for one in the team. This may have always been the case.
Whilst I was impressed with Sako's debut, I agree that HRK should retain his place and that the only change which should be considered is Gayle for Rodriguez. Personally, I would bring Gayle in but would not argue if the same side is retained.
Sako should definitely be on the bench though.

marky

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2018, 10:15:56 AM »
I'd go for the same team with maybe Barry in for Mozza as mentioned up thread.

Is Gayle fully fit? I dont want to start with him and him to be coming back too early. Certainly have him and Sako on the bench as options if we need them.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2018, 04:34:44 PM »
Same team because they won. But bench needs utilising. Barry on for Morrison with 25/20 left if we're winning to help control game. Be looking at getting Gibbs off too if we're in a good position can't have him getting burnt out. Same could be argued for Matt Phillips
O Albion we love you

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2018, 05:12:27 PM »
Same team deserves to start again - the Ipswich performance didn't hit the heights of the Leeds game but we still looked solid and created chances.  Although JRod is only finishing 1 in 3 chances, whilst he takes that one and we win you need to stick with him.  Plus, how must it feel to be a Championship defender seeing Gayle and Sako warming up? 

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2018, 05:17:29 PM »
Need a win tonight and sure we can get it. We have the fire power to put Swansea to bed.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »
With form in mind, i wouldn't be happy with anything less than a win tonight. I think we're 7 points off the top so we need this to stay in touch.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
An unchanged line-up with Gayle once again on the bench

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2018, 06:51:30 PM »
It's the way I said we should go, but substute earlier to give the squad time to rest and also encourage the subs to aim for the coveted starting place.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2018, 07:05:54 PM »
I think I’d have started Gayle  tonight he’l be motivated to show Dave he belongs in the team, I know JRod scored against Ipswich but the 2 chances he missed Gayle would have put them both away.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »
Still no Sako. It's time we learned our lesson and stopped signing these aged sick notes

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2018, 07:28:36 PM »
Still no Sako. It's time we learned our lesson and stopped signing these aged sick notes
Bench a bit weak attacking wise, only Gayle, no Sako or Burke.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
With form in mind, i wouldn't be happy with anything less than a win tonight. I think we're 7 points off the top so we need this to stay in touch.
We're 6 off norwich, a win tonight would put us right back in contention i think!