Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556537 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10175 on: January 23, 2017, 10:38:16 AM »
all other fans supporters will now realise hes trouble when he beds in with the mighty potters.Other teams supporters might stop blaming our club for stalling his career
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10176 on: January 23, 2017, 10:43:01 AM »
Newcastle Fans Mock WBA Fans Over Berahino On Twitter

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/22/newcastle-fans-mock-west-brom-on-twitter-over-berahino-sale/

Chris Page @ChrisPage_Boz

So West Brom accept £10m bid for Berahino when they knocked back our £20m bid last January! Backwards club them like!! #NUFC #WBA
5:38 PM - 20 Jan 2017

Not at all, Chris. Worth £10m to help send you lot down.

Also worth bearing in mind that he wanted to go to a bigger club........ :)
MAGA!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10177 on: January 23, 2017, 11:13:30 AM »
So by your own admission you dont have an idea what went on?? Then you have the temerity to call other users on here clueless??? Well that can stop instantly.

What we do know is that Berahino couldnt keep himself off social media, commited footballing suicide at this club with his actions after the Spurs debacle and hasnt knuckled down and played to his best until his move materialised...had to be sent to fat camp twice after a hard pre-season where he actually looked fit to go from that to fat camp twice between August and December is nothing more than bad practice.

Im not talking about him personally, I dont know him personally, I can only comment on what I see, what ive seen is a terribly advised but very immature petulant bloke who thinks he is above this club.

Its no suprise that you are in a small majority who have backed him as the majority can see exactly what he was

Ill reiterate my point that im over the moon he has gone, since he has been taken out the side we have gone from strength to strength

If you learn to read, I called people clueless for sharing a link, claiming saido is upto his 'games' again... when the link clearly states STOKE tweeted it.... NOT SAIDO. (JUST ANOTHER REASON TO ABUSE HIM WHEN HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING WRONG REGARDS TO THAT SPECIFIC TOPIC).

You say he hasn't knuckled down since the spurs debacle... now before you or anyone else claim I'm blaming pulis I'M NOT... but you can't exactly believe pulis has gave him the chance to prove himself surely?! ... the amount of times pulis as said things like "his heads in a better place, he's a lot fitter than he was etc etc"... but still continued to not involve him even has a sub to get his "match fitness" up by giving him 15/20 mins every now and then... may I add.. especially at a time where we had lots of fixtures and rondon has looked tired and fatigued... and we're already short on players?

Can I ask where he has said he thinks he is bigger than the club?.... spurs showed interest... he wanted to move on to better himself... EVERY other player at our club would want to move to spurs if they believe they were genuinely interested... I believe he tweeted about peace, not the club... all over his twitter and instagram he was praising #WBA and our players... unless he has taken it down it will be there for everyone to see... but once again, it's not a negative so the bitter people on here won't want to mention that.

I also agree with you, like I said in my previous post... I feel the only option was to part and glad we have and actually got a decent fee from it... but it will be interesting to see if Hughes can get him playing games and scoring.

I had a look on stokes website and do you know how many of them say they appreciate what pulis did for them but the way saido was treated wasn't helped by pulis as he has done.the same there in his time there?  No idea who they are talking about but if the majority are on about it then it does make you wonder.

I won't wish saido well and hope he does on to great things but I definitely won't wish anything bad on him, he no longer plays for us therefore he is just a neutral player in my eyes like everyone else.... it's just amusing how people wanted him gone so badly.. yet they can't stop obsessing over him  ::)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10178 on: January 23, 2017, 11:15:25 AM »
If you learn to read, I called people clueless for sharing a link, claiming saido is upto his 'games' again... when the link clearly states STOKE tweeted it.... NOT SAIDO. (JUST ANOTHER REASON TO ABUSE HIM WHEN HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING WRONG REGARDS TO THAT SPECIFIC TOPIC).

You say he hasn't knuckled down since the spurs debacle... now before you or anyone else claim I'm blaming pulis I'M NOT... but you can't exactly believe pulis has gave him the chance to prove himself surely?! ... the amount of times pulis as said things like "his heads in a better place, he's a lot fitter than he was etc etc"... but still continued to not involve him even has a sub to get his "match fitness" up by giving him 15/20 mins every now and then... may I add.. especially at a time where we had lots of fixtures and rondon has looked tired and fatigued... and we're already short on players?

Can I ask where he has said he thinks he is bigger than the club?.... spurs showed interest... he wanted to move on to better himself... EVERY other player at our club would want to move to spurs if they believe they were genuinely interested... I believe he tweeted about peace, not the club... all over his twitter and instagram he was praising #WBA and our players... unless he has taken it down it will be there for everyone to see... but once again, it's not a negative so the bitter people on here won't want to mention that.

I also agree with you, like I said in my previous post... I feel the only option was to part and glad we have and actually got a decent fee from it... but it will be interesting to see if Hughes can get him playing games and scoring.

I had a look on stokes website and do you know how many of them say they appreciate what pulis did for them but the way saido was treated wasn't helped by pulis as he has done.the same there in his time there?  No idea who they are talking about but if the majority are on about it then it does make you wonder.

I won't wish saido well and hope he does on to great things but I definitely won't wish anything bad on him, he no longer plays for us therefore he is just a neutral player in my eyes like everyone else.... it's just amusing how people wanted him gone so badly.. yet they can't stop obsessing over him  ::)

... :-\

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10179 on: January 23, 2017, 11:15:57 AM »

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10180 on: January 23, 2017, 11:33:01 AM »

In Pulis' first season Berahino was picked 22 times and scored 11 goals. (Boosted by the 4 against Gateshead).

Last season he was picked 35 times and scored 7 goals. (Boosted by 4 in the cups). So there was a definite drop off in form/effort. Rondon was struggling to adapt to the new league and still managed to finish with 10 goals.

Then even this pre season Pulis picked Rondon and Berahino up front in games to try and get them to gel together. By the time the season kicked in he was picked 5 times, scored no goals and even had a penalty miss in the cup.

The numbers say he's got worse and worse. How many more chances should he have had?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10181 on: January 23, 2017, 11:48:57 AM »

There's a couple of options here...

1) Berahino is fit, ready to go and working hard in training.
2) He's exactly where Pulis has said he is, well short of fitness and is head isn't in the right place.

Now, consider these...

* Rondon looked tired
* We're short on players
* It benefits the club if Berahino plays well.
* It would also see his transfer fee go up.

We know Pulis didn't pick him, so which do you think is more likely from the original two points, 1 or 2?  It says more about Berahino that despite the points you make Pulis still felt that he couldn't play him. 

I can't think of a single reason why, given the above, that Pulis would choose not to play him?  Just out of spite?  What evidence is there for that?  Yet we have PILES of evidence that he just wasn't up to much for one reason or the other.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10182 on: January 23, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »
In Pulis' first season Berahino was picked 22 times and scored 11 goals. (Boosted by the 4 against Gateshead). You mean the time he didn't celebrate scoring against a very smaller team due to not getting over excited and showing abit of respect ... which had people moaning about and slating him? yet he's big headed?  ::)

Last season he was picked 35 times and scored 7 goals. (Boosted by 4 in the cups). So there was a definite drop off in form/effort. Rondon was struggling to adapt to the new league and still managed to finish with 10 goals.

Then even this pre season Pulis picked Rondon and Berahino up front in games to try and get them to gel together. By the time the season kicked in he was picked 5 times, scored no goals and even had a penalty miss in the cup.

The numbers say he's got worse and worse. How many more chances should he have had?

Im talking about around the time he was sent to france, pulis kept saying his heads in a better place, he's came back in better shape etc etc... but still didn't play him or even get him on the bench... why if he's in better shape and his minds right at a time we really could of done with giving rondon a rest?

Just saying, people claim he wasn't making the effort or trying to get involved but if the gaffer isnt going to pick you regardless, how can he put the effort in? so he just ended up praising #WBA every game on twitter and instagram. (why aint everyone slating him for that?)

I think the biggest problem is, he was seen as this young lad with so much potential... he then made some completely stupid mistakes - drinking driving and what not... that no matter how much he changed or tried to change, the media will always be against him as he is an easy story and majority of fans will believe everything the media say.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10183 on: January 23, 2017, 11:56:44 AM »

I can read thanks

You call people clueless but then by your own admission state that no one knows what went on...that was what I was replying too

He said in an interview to Sky that he was playing to get a move to a bigger club, so if you learn to read I didnt say he was 'bigger' then the club I said he thinks he is 'above' the club...

He said he wouldnt play for Peace, however he never played for Peace he played for the club....so if he doesnt play for Peace he doesnt play the club, its the same thing he was just being cute

Nice rant though

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10184 on: January 23, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »
Adamw your the one obsessing over him because your still writing about about your buddy I will say this again

>:(  He`s not worth the effort CLOSE THIS BL** dy thread lets get back to normality  >:(

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10185 on: January 23, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »
There's a couple of options here...

1) Berahino is fit, ready to go and working hard in training.
2) He's exactly where Pulis has said he is, well short of fitness and is head isn't in the right place.

Now, consider these...

* Rondon looked tired
* We're short on players
* It benefits the club if Berahino plays well.
* It would also see his transfer fee go up.

We know Pulis didn't pick him, so which do you think is more likely from the original two points, 1 or 2?  It says more about Berahino that despite the points you make Pulis still felt that he couldn't play him. 

I can't think of a single reason why, given the above, that Pulis would choose not to play him?  Just out of spite?  What evidence is there for that?  Yet we have PILES of evidence that he just wasn't up to much for one reason or the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFZYcWtawg

Pulis words - "Having been away for a week and speaking to him yesterday, he looks mentally much better, prepared, physically he's cut a little bit... but he hasn't played a game for nearly three months, so that's the next step now trying to get him integrated in games"

That should answer your question.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10186 on: January 23, 2017, 12:06:38 PM »
Adamw your the one obsessing over him because your still writing about about your buddy I will say this again

>:(  He`s not worth the effort CLOSE THIS BL** dy thread lets get back to normality  >:(

I'm replying to peoples posts, I'm entitled to ain't I?

Not my problem if it bothers people so much you are not forced to read the thread  ;)

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10187 on: January 23, 2017, 01:06:26 PM »
Funny reading the comments on the Oatcake, they seem uncertain whether they have signed a striker or adopted a puppy, rescued from the evil West Brom.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10188 on: January 23, 2017, 01:11:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFZYcWtawg

Pulis words - "Having been away for a week and speaking to him yesterday, he looks mentally much better, prepared, physically he's cut a little bit... but he hasn't played a game for nearly three months, so that's the next step now trying to get him integrated in games"

That should answer your question.

It doesn't though.  How did the next step go?  What was his attitude like when he was back at the club?

As I said, I can't think of a single reason that we'd keep Berahino out of the side if his attitude and fitness were pretty much there.  All the evidence points to Pulis being correct.

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #10189 on: January 23, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
From the articles that i have read it seems that Mark Hughes is concerned about Berahino's fitness. Now there's a surprise!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10190 on: January 23, 2017, 01:18:27 PM »
From the articles that i have read it seems that Mark Hughes is concerned about Berahino's fitness. Now there's a surprise!

I'm not paying too much attention to those comments, he may be physically fit but he needs to get match sharp and that only comes with game time so I expect them to sort some friendlies out and bring him through slowly.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10191 on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »
I just wish this thread would end and we can all move on.......
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10192 on: January 23, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
Funny reading the comments on the Oatcake, they seem uncertain whether they have signed a striker or adopted a puppy, rescued from the evil West Brom.

I wonder if he's going to drop his sh it all over the place  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10193 on: January 23, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
I just wish this thread would end and we can all move on.......

Why is it continuing? Usually threads are closed the second a deal is done?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10194 on: January 23, 2017, 01:47:49 PM »
leave it open i say, at least untill he moves to Newport county

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10195 on: January 23, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »
so mark bowen reckons he needs a tin hat for his return, i sit just behind the away bench. i might just have a few pre match drinks

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10196 on: January 23, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »
leave it open i say, at least untill he moves to Newport county
Hey! my missus is from Newport & all her family are County fans so I suppose they are my 2nd team! What have they done to deserve that wished on them! >:( ;D
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10197 on: January 23, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »
Hey! my missus is from Newport & all her family are County fans so I suppose they are my 2nd team! What have they done to deserve that wished on them! >:( ;D

ok sorry, colwyn bay then :)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10198 on: January 23, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »
Just had a read of the oatcake  ;D

They think they are a level above us?? check the table

Moved to a bigger club??...check the history books

It was all the clubs fault for his actions??

Think we are playing Pulisball still?? I believe we are playing better football than them right now

There are some posters on there who do seem to get it...but they get shouted down with swear words and oh dears

And no we cant swear on this forum...why?? because its a decent forum thats why  8)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10199 on: January 23, 2017, 02:17:03 PM »
any stokies reading this we have won 6 more trophies than you, been in englands top flight many more years than you. you are a city and deluded