Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2566508 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10150 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »
I expect a re run within 2 years. ;)
Baggie in Southampton

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10151 on: January 22, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »
parading him around pre kick off like hes the savior
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Redditch Baggie Boy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #10152 on: January 22, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »
I was saying to my son yesterday that it's going to go one of two ways with Saido.

Either he'll be a massive flop and be plying his trade at Scunthorpe in 3 years time, or he'll be brilliant and realise he's far too good for Stoke.

Either way, Albion are better off without him in my opinion.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10153 on: January 22, 2017, 08:08:44 PM »
also if he is a flop then we have screwed stoke over for £12-15m, but if he is a star and goes on to get the "BIG MOVE" he wanted then we get another 20% of the fee.... we cant lose....

personally I am amazed that Williams managed to get a minimum of £12m out of stoke for a guy who only had 6 months left, but I am also equally amazed that stoke were that desperate to pay that amount now when they are pretty safe in mid table rather than wait till the summer and get him for peanuts..... unless they feared the tribunal fee would be more ... but I cant see that .

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10154 on: January 22, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »

>:( >:( CLOSE THIS BL**DY THREAD HE`S LONG GONE  >:( >:(

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10155 on: January 22, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
Like it or not, its set to run and run! ;)
Baggie in Southampton

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10156 on: January 22, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »

>:( >:( CLOSE THIS BL**DY THREAD HE`S LONG GONE  >:( >:(
Here bloody here!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10157 on: January 22, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »
Said all along he'd end up at a another prem club..

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10158 on: January 22, 2017, 09:23:04 PM »
Said all along he'd end up at a another prem club..

It's not too surprising, effectively Stoke are buying his potential, which is a high-level Premier League striker with good re-sale value.

What I can't understand is that it wasn't say a 3 year deal, and instead was 5.5 years. It's just stupid risk on their behalf. He is their problem now and not ours anyway, personally speaking I don't think his career will amount to anything simply because of his mentality.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10159 on: January 22, 2017, 09:55:02 PM »
I was saying to my son yesterday that it's going to go one of two ways with Saido.

Either he'll be a massive flop and be plying his trade at Scunthorpe in 3 years time, or he'll be brilliant and realise he's far too good for Stoke.

Either way, Albion are better off without him in my opinion.

Exactly right, almost a lose-lose buy for Stoke

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10160 on: January 22, 2017, 09:58:59 PM »
Hughes saying he is not fit enough to start games. So Pulis wasn't lying.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10161 on: January 22, 2017, 10:03:27 PM »
Hughes saying he is not fit enough to start games. So Pulis wasn't lying.

Why ever did you think he was? :-X
Baggie in Southampton

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10162 on: January 22, 2017, 10:11:34 PM »
Why ever did you think he was? :-X

Because Berahino tweeted that he was fit to play.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10163 on: January 22, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »
Wouldn't it be great to be the last person on this thread?

Shall I turn the lights off on the way out?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10164 on: January 22, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »
So many bitter fans with so much hatred towards a person although no one knows what really went on behind closed doors.

All we have is the media's poor stories (Saw one earlier, trying to slate him because stoke tweeted a picture - worst part is, clueless people on here actually believed it) and pulis' version of it all... he's a great kid, he got sent to france twice, he came back in better shape with a better mindset twice (all according to pulis)... yet it's very clear, regardless if he was fit or not... pulis had no intention of getting him involved with the squad and playing games.

No one got on with him, all the dressing room hated him ... yet all over social media was saido 'sociallising' and praising the club and our players the past few months  ::) (mainly live videos of him with wba players that didn't get mentioned because it aint a negative story about him)

I think it was best for the club and saido to go seperate ways and im very glad we made a bit of money from a player we didn't pay a fee for... the club did well to get anything for him. 

Will be interesting to see how hughes deals with the situation considering perfect pulis couldn't help him.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10165 on: January 22, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #10166 on: January 23, 2017, 12:43:11 AM »
personally I am amazed that Williams managed to get a minimum of £12m out of stoke for a guy who only had 6 months left, but I am also equally amazed that stoke were that desperate to pay that amount now when they are pretty safe in mid table rather than wait till the summer and get him for peanuts..... unless they feared the tribunal fee would be more ... but I cant see that .

I think they were just being honest and knew that they would not be very high on the list of Teams his agent would be talking to on a Free.

For all the "Joy and Happiness" & "Smiling face" we have seen, Stoke is not were I think Saido believes he should be playing...

On a Free (even with a Tribunal pending) I reckon one or two, higher up the food chain, may have taken a punt.
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10167 on: January 23, 2017, 01:40:12 AM »
It's not too surprising, effectively Stoke are buying his potential, which is a high-level Premier League striker with good re-sale value.

What I can't understand is that it wasn't say a 3 year deal, and instead was 5.5 years. It's just stupid risk on their behalf. He is their problem now and not ours anyway, personally speaking I don't think his career will amount to anything simply because of his mentality.

I was surprised at this too, but more from Saido's perspective given his desire to play for the top boys.

Be interesting to find out if his contract has any minimum amount release clauses etc.

I'd hope for Stoke's sake they'd have loads of disciplinary clauses too.

Not really, I'm fibbing, can't stand Stoke or Mark Hughes so naughty word 'em  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10168 on: January 23, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »
I was surprised at this too, but more from Saido's perspective given his desire to play for the top boys.

Be interesting to find out if his contract has any minimum amount release clauses etc.

I'd hope for Stoke's sake they'd have loads of disciplinary clauses too.

Not really, I'm fibbing, can't stand Stoke or Mark Hughes so naughty word 'em  8) .

Neither can i, its a car crash waititng to happen

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10169 on: January 23, 2017, 08:04:10 AM »

That is indeed a risk on their part, however if he has one good season next year, he'll have an inflated transfer value due to having 4 years left on his contract. Imagine there will be a number of performance-related bonuses too to make sure he's earning the money

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10170 on: January 23, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »
So many bitter fans with so much hatred towards a person although no one knows what really went on behind closed doors.

All we have is the media's poor stories (Saw one earlier, trying to slate him because stoke tweeted a picture - worst part is, clueless people on here actually believed it) and pulis' version of it all... he's a great kid, he got sent to france twice, he came back in better shape with a better mindset twice (all according to pulis)... yet it's very clear, regardless if he was fit or not... pulis had no intention of getting him involved with the squad and playing games.

No one got on with him, all the dressing room hated him ... yet all over social media was saido 'sociallising' and praising the club and our players the past few months  ::) (mainly live videos of him with wba players that didn't get mentioned because it aint a negative story about him)

I think it was best for the club and saido to go seperate ways and im very glad we made a bit of money from a player we didn't pay a fee for... the club did well to get anything for him. 

Will be interesting to see how hughes deals with the situation considering perfect pulis couldn't help him.

So by your own admission you dont have an idea what went on?? Then you have the temerity to call other users on here clueless??? Well that can stop instantly.

What we do know is that Berahino couldnt keep himself off social media, commited footballing suicide at this club with his actions after the Spurs debacle and hasnt knuckled down and played to his best until his move materialised...had to be sent to fat camp twice after a hard pre-season where he actually looked fit to go from that to fat camp twice between August and December is nothing more than bad practice.

Im not talking about him personally, I dont know him personally, I can only comment on what I see, what ive seen is a terribly advised but very immature petulant bloke who thinks he is above this club.

Its no suprise that you are in a small majority who have backed him as the majority can see exactly what he was

Ill reiterate my point that im over the moon he has gone, since he has been taken out the side we have gone from strength to strength
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10171 on: January 23, 2017, 10:01:39 AM »
hes trouble outside the football stadium and in, he needs help

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10172 on: January 23, 2017, 10:03:32 AM »
Newcastle Fans Mock WBA Fans Over Berahino On Twitter

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/22/newcastle-fans-mock-west-brom-on-twitter-over-berahino-sale/

Chris Page @ChrisPage_Boz

So West Brom accept £10m bid for Berahino when they knocked back our £20m bid last January! Backwards club them like!! #NUFC #WBA
5:38 PM - 20 Jan 2017

Not at all, Chris. Worth £10m to help send you lot down.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10173 on: January 23, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
So by your own admission you dont have an idea what went on?? Then you have the temerity to call other users on here clueless??? Well that can stop instantly.

What we do know is that Berahino couldnt keep himself off social media, commited footballing suicide at this club with his actions after the Spurs debacle and hasnt knuckled down and played to his best until his move materialised...had to be sent to fat camp twice after a hard pre-season where he actually looked fit to go from that to fat camp twice between August and December is nothing more than bad practice.

Im not talking about him personally, I dont know him personally, I can only comment on what I see, what ive seen is a terribly advised but very immature petulant bloke who thinks he is above this club.

Its no suprise that you are in a small majority who have backed him as the majority can see exactly what he was

Ill reiterate my point that im over the moon he has gone, since he has been taken out the side we have gone from strength to strength

I agree with you there.  It is a shame as he really had a lot of potential but, even only taking what we know at face value, he's clearly difficult to manage.  It's not like we didn't have warnings, he scored 4 in 8 appearances for Brentford yet they STILL opted to send him back to us.  He's lurched from one social media issue to another.

I think Pulis has given him every chance to turn things around here but he's just not taken them.  The few games he's played he's looked awful, you couldn't keep picking him when his performances were so poor.

Despite us sending him to the conditioning camp a couple of times, and him knowing that he wants a move, he's still nowhere fit enough to play, just look at Hughes' comments about him.  Pulis said the same thing and it was "throwing him under the bus".

The most annoying thing is, even with a breakdown between club and player, it was better for everyone all around to have a fit and scoring Berahino.  We'd benefit as a club with goals and he'd get the move he wanted.  Only his petulance has stopped this.

You just KNOW he'll score against us though.  Grrr

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10174 on: January 23, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »

You seem to have totally ignored the the bust up at Brenford with Uwe Rosler, the drink driving, the photo on the plane intended to wind up fans. This from an employee under contract to play football for our club who will earn more this year than you will in your life time.

Baggie in Southampton