Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556602 times)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9575 on: December 24, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »
I think money talks.. Especially with him

If it was the money he would of signed a new contract way before now, could of signed one and still been the bell*nd that he has been.

He just wants to play at the highest level, unfortunately for himself he has done everything wrong to make that happen.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9576 on: December 24, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »
If it was the money he would of signed a new contract way before now, could of signed one and still been the bell*nd that he has been.

He just wants to play at the highest level, unfortunately for himself he has done everything wrong to make that happen.

What if we weren't offering him anywhere near what other teams had said to him they would? Imagine we were pitching around 60-70k, what if spurs said they'd give him 100k+? We just don't know the inner details

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9577 on: December 24, 2016, 07:14:13 PM »
What if we weren't offering him anywhere near what other teams had said to him they would? Imagine we were pitching around 60-70k, what if spurs said they'd give him 100k+? We just don't know the inner details

no i understand what your saying totally, but the club made it clear they wasn't letting him go... his options were to run his contract down for the same wage or just sign a new one for more money (im sure the club wouldn't offer a new contract without offering more money)... with a buy out clause in it.. win win for both parties, he shows he has talent, someone activates his buy out clause.. problem solved.

But like you said, we don't know the inner details... all we know is what the media want us to think/believe.. hence why there are 226 pages on here about the guy, i just wish it would get resolved so we can either get him back in the team or get another striker.... i fear for the day rondon gets injured (i pray he don't), but if worst case was to happen, were doomed.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9578 on: December 24, 2016, 07:40:10 PM »
One problem with him getting back in the team for us is that we've settled into a pattern of play with just Rondon up top. If he stays fit then Saido is unlikely to get back in....and how does he get match ready to step in for us ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9579 on: December 24, 2016, 07:53:09 PM »
Also don't think Saido plays the lone striker role well at all, so would have to change the team shape or have him instead of Chadli. As someone suggested elsewhere, maybe thats why we're looking at a more mobile midfielder so that we can play 442. However every time pulis is questioned he just says he's not at the level of fitness they need. How long does it take a young man to get fit

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9580 on: December 24, 2016, 11:23:34 PM »
It's probably already been said but this 'he's in a better place and he just needs games' coincides with the transfer window again.

I suspect we'd accept £10m in this window...if we don't sell him now it's either tribunal or new contract.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9581 on: December 25, 2016, 12:06:35 AM »
It's probably already been said but this 'he's in a better place and he just needs games' coincides with the transfer window again.

I suspect we'd accept £10m in this window...if we don't sell him now it's either tribunal or new contract.

It's funny how we trot out those lines and 'hes a great lad' 'resdy to get his head down and kick on' lines, after we've hung our dirty laundry in public saying he's overweight and had to go on a special training programme. That's got to have put off some buyers, especially the amount of time he's not played for because of it

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9582 on: December 25, 2016, 10:41:04 AM »
I appreciate that there was a lot less tension surrounding every game back then, but I doubt Ron Atkinson would have hesitated about playing Rondon, Berahino and Leko in the same team. And Chadli. With a sound keeper, defence and some hard midfielders why not?

Its such a shame, I still believe that Berahino has the potential to be an extremely exciting player for somebody.

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9583 on: December 25, 2016, 12:32:36 PM »
I think that Berahino was sent to France not only to get fit but also to get away from the bad influences surrounding him. The people responsible for his decline are no doubt hangers on who like his company and money. A reformed Berahino could still make the grade with us because a return to form could save us many millions.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9584 on: December 25, 2016, 12:47:30 PM »
This lad isn't a kid anymore and if the penny hasn't dropped by now then it never will. Think we should except that he will be at a different club next year either leaving in January or running contract down. For me I wish him well in his future career and hope he fulfills his potential as this would be a major plus for academy in future. The only thing that could sour my opinion of him is that he signs for foreign club and then signs for Prem club.

lindenbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9585 on: December 25, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »
Saido could be another Darren Byfield who promised so much at the Villa. As long as we can get about £10M for him, I'd be quite happy as this will keep the Academy going for the next 4-5 years.

For all posters, have a lovely Christmas and New Year.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9586 on: December 25, 2016, 03:36:36 PM »
I think Saido, is/could be, a very good player, but his mindset and application is totally wrong to become a great player.
Maybe if he went to a "top team" he could realise his ambition, but i detest the way he has treated the club who gave him the opporturtunity to fulfill his dreams.
But i do blame Jeremy Peace and his stingy ways for the position we find ourselves in.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9587 on: December 25, 2016, 04:11:44 PM »
There is nothing that can be said about Saido (good or bad) that hasn't been said 100 times already "Que Sera Sera"

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9588 on: December 26, 2016, 11:47:53 PM »
one way or another we need this saga over asap,
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/864803418?-11200:789:0

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9589 on: December 26, 2016, 11:59:36 PM »
one way or another we need this saga over asap,
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/864803418?-11200:789:0

Would be delighted if he went to Everton in January. We get a decent fee as a return on the Academy investment, we get him out of the club so that everyone can move on, he goes to a club which might just manage to get something out of him, and we have money to spend on a replacement.  A win-win all round.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9590 on: December 27, 2016, 12:36:08 AM »
Would be delighted if he went to Everton in January. We get a decent fee as a return on the Academy investment, we get him out of the club so that everyone can move on, he goes to a club which might just manage to get something out of him, and we have money to spend on a replacement.  A win-win all round.

But does he want to go to everton?

People are forgetting he's going nowhere unless he also agree's to it and considering the club still want him to sign a new contract... the power is in his hands.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9591 on: December 27, 2016, 03:27:03 AM »
But does he want to go to everton?

People are forgetting he's going nowhere unless he also agree's to it and considering the club still want him to sign a new contract... the power is in his hands.

If he doesn't he's a bigger idiot than anyone thought...

Also think you're reading too much into the contract offer, it's purely been made to secure a fee for the waster...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9592 on: December 27, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »

Also think you're reading too much into the contract offer, it's purely been made to secure a fee for the waster...

Totally agree. If he wants a big club then Everton or West Ham are the biggest that he can realistically hope for.  Can't see Spurs coming back in for him but you never know.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9593 on: December 27, 2016, 02:11:54 PM »

I agree, anyone with an ounce of common sense would snap at the chance... but it's saido were talking about...

Also, people are just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10.
The only facts we have is that pulis and the club want to keep him (pulis has openly said that) although we see one weak story from a scrappy writer in the papers and then everyone comes up with 2 stories each as to why and how it's going to happen. 

Everyone claimed he was gone how many transfer windows ago, yet he ain't even playing games and he's still here... any player with any sense would leave for game time regardless of what club comes in for them ( look at the likes of poco/gamboa/anichbe etc) but let's not forget that this is the baggies and saido, anything is possible...even the unexpected.

It's just a bit strange how pulis does his all to try and get him fit and upto scratch when there ain't no certainty we will benefit from it, surely it would be easier to freeze him out completely let him get 'fat', soon as the end of the season comes it's all done and dusted we move on? (He wouldn't be the first academy product we have lost for nothing and he certainly won't be the last)

There's obviously more to it than we are seeing, like any other business with the club.. no one at all really knows what's going on till the minute it's happened.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9594 on: December 27, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
Pulis and the club want`s the idiot out what`s they supposed to say we don`t want him here get rid now and watch his value drop to nothing . I know his value has dropped but if they do and say the right things he will hold some value and will be sold as an asset .But in the end its totaly up to Bera if he stays this window or holds out four 6 more month`s of not playing or being involved

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9595 on: December 27, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »
Pulis and the club want`s the idiot out what`s they supposed to say we don`t want him here get rid now and watch his value drop to nothing . I know his value has dropped but if they do and say the right things he will hold some value and will be sold as an asset .But in the end its totaly up to Bera if he stays this window or holds out four 6 more month`s of not playing or being involved

Do you have any links with proof that pulis or the club want him gone? Or is it just another one of your crazy opinions with completely no evidence whatsoever to back it up...

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9596 on: December 27, 2016, 10:10:14 PM »
just wait and see ;D ;D

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9597 on: December 28, 2016, 12:10:04 AM »
just wait and see ;D ;D

was told that about 2 transfer windows ago  ::)

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9598 on: December 28, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »
just wait and see ;D ;D
I have to back you up fella. He's completely despised on many levels within the club and I assure everyone that the best offer we get....we'll take. His enthusiasm/work rate/dedication/application and desire has left all members of the Albion coaching staff frustrated and bitter to the core.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9599 on: December 28, 2016, 10:11:58 AM »
I agree, anyone with an ounce of common sense would snap at the chance... but it's saido were talking about...

Also, people are just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10.
The only facts we have is that pulis and the club want to keep him (pulis has openly said that) although we see one weak story from a scrappy writer in the papers and then everyone comes up with 2 stories each as to why and how it's going to happen. 

Everyone claimed he was gone how many transfer windows ago, yet he ain't even playing games and he's still here... any player with any sense would leave for game time regardless of what club comes in for them ( look at the likes of poco/gamboa/anichbe etc) but let's not forget that this is the baggies and saido, anything is possible...even the unexpected.

It's just a bit strange how pulis does his all to try and get him fit and upto scratch when there ain't no certainty we will benefit from it, surely it would be easier to freeze him out completely let him get 'fat', soon as the end of the season comes it's all done and dusted we move on? (He wouldn't be the first academy product we have lost for nothing and he certainly won't be the last)

There's obviously more to it than we are seeing, like any other business with the club.. no one at all really knows what's going on till the minute it's happened.
Pulis tried to get rid in his first transfer window. If he truly wanted him to be in the first team he would be.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.