Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556596 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9475 on: November 21, 2016, 12:25:37 PM »
Being handed bucket loads of money isn't a cure from suffering from depression though.

I guess the clubs 'duty of care' should come down to hiring a good sports psychologist and creating a stable working environment.

Other than that though it is really up to the employee to seek the professional help he/she needs

No but it buys a better class of misery
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9476 on: November 21, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »
Being handed bucket loads of money isn't a cure from suffering from depression though.

I guess the clubs 'duty of care' should come down to hiring a good sports psychologist and creating a stable working environment.

Other than that though it is really up to the employee to seek the professional help he/she needs
He says he felt depressed not that he has been diagnosed with depression. Two completely different things.

If he has been diagnosed, then he does indeed need support, it is an awful illness, but the standard of Mental Healthcare for the general population is unbelievably poor, so I would imagine a bit of cash will in fact bring a better quality of treatment.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9477 on: November 21, 2016, 01:25:14 PM »
To me it seems like a specially prepared statement to try to get fans back onside to little to late for me

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9478 on: November 21, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »
There is no mention of mental health issues. Readers have jumped to conclusions.

Imagine a new contract will follow but it's going to be very difficult to win back the fans.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9479 on: November 21, 2016, 01:38:39 PM »
It looks to be a statement aimed at paving the way for a rapid about turn and signing of a new contract. Otherwise I don't see why he wouldn'tjust  be shipped off to the French fat camp without the statement. It looks aimed at trying to show a more humble/mature  outlook from him.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9480 on: November 21, 2016, 02:22:46 PM »
That is where I have a problem with your view, lots of people make mistakes, sometimes several, if they are genuinely remorseful both in words and deeds then it is only reasonable that supporters of the club reciprocate.
To do anything else only damages our club.

I do not believe for a second that he is genuinely remorseful. You highlight deeds, what deeds has he done in the 18 months up to now that show his remorse? Issuing a poxy statement clearly written for him by someone else? Blimey, you are setting the bar low if that is your justification for trying to drum up support for him.

I'll stick the 18 months of completely unprofessional behaviour culminating in his being overweight and sent to fat camp twice despite having access to the best fitness facilities money can buy on a daily basis. I keep myself in shape despite working 50 hour weeks in an office position by running of an evening and going to the gym 3/4 times a week. Saido has a far easier opportunity to keep fit than I bloody do.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9481 on: November 21, 2016, 02:25:48 PM »
There is no mention of mental health issues. Readers have jumped to conclusions.

Imagine a new contract will follow but it's going to be very difficult to win back the fans.
He did say that the whole saga had left him feeling depressed, which is what people are focusing on. Whether he actually means suffering from depression or just feeling a bit despondent, who knows?
I still don't know why he has been sent to France, rather than just working on his fitness here, with the help and support of the staff and his team mates who he seems all of a sudden to appreciate. It doesn't add up. Like you, I suspect a new contract is what it's all about but I can't see it all ending well if that is the case.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9482 on: November 21, 2016, 02:50:03 PM »
I do not believe for a second that he is genuinely remorseful. You highlight deeds, what deeds has he done in the 18 months up to now that show his remorse? Issuing a poxy statement clearly written for him by someone else? Blimey, you are setting the bar low if that is your justification for trying to drum up support for him.

I'll stick the 18 months of completely unprofessional behaviour culminating in his being overweight and sent to fat camp twice despite having access to the best fitness facilities money can buy on a daily basis. I keep myself in shape despite working 50 hour weeks in an office position by running of an evening and going to the gym 3/4 times a week. Saido has a far easier opportunity to keep fit than I bloody do.

By deeds, I mean that he plays and gives his all, scores and shows some appreciation to the supporters, none of that will happen if as soon as he steps on the pitch he is booed by a few of our 'supporters'.
Baggie in Southampton

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9483 on: November 21, 2016, 02:54:14 PM »
By deeds, I mean that he plays and gives his all, scores and shows some appreciation to the supporters, none of that will happen if as soon as he steps on the pitch he is booed by a few of our 'supporters'.

Again, he has not done this in the past 18 months so why should supporters believe when he first steps onto the pitch again after that statement that things will be any different?

Ball is firmly in Saido's court to prove to the fans he wants to be here and will do what he is paid handsomely to do, which is give his all in an Albion shirt. Any fans cannot be criticised for being skeptical about a PR statement, there is a lot of water (apt given the weather today) under the bridge that he needs to come back from.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9484 on: November 21, 2016, 03:30:12 PM »

He said he was feeling depressed, that is a mental health issue. Coupled with his bizarre behaviour, it's quite clear he has problems.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9485 on: November 21, 2016, 03:34:57 PM »
He said he was feeling depressed, that is a mental health issue. Coupled with his bizarre behaviour, it's quite clear he has problems.

I felt depressed when my alarm went off at 6.30 this morning. Can people please rally round me and show me utmost sympathy.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9486 on: November 21, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »
Pray for Fritzl Palace

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9487 on: November 21, 2016, 03:41:43 PM »
Pray for Fritzl Palace

Thank you Jordie, your support means much to me at this difficult time. I may also require a couple of weeks all expenses paid to France.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9488 on: November 21, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »
Thank you Jordie, your support means much to me at this difficult time. I may also require a couple of weeks all expenses paid to France.

You're on your own with that one chap  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9489 on: November 21, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »
He wants to repay the club and fans, easiest way to do that is get yourself fit and start scoring goals
Baggie Terra

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9490 on: November 21, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
There's a bit of a problem for him now in that even if he gets himself fit he won't start unless something happens to Rondon or Chadli....then he has to keep himself fit while not playing which shouldn't normally be an issue but it sounds as though it is.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9491 on: November 22, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »
If the club still feel he has a future here then they need to ask him straight out what he wants to do, stay or go.
I'm sure he knows that a LOT of fans have had enough of his antics over the last 18 months & if he was to stay he has alot of hard work ahead of him to start to win them back. This will be hard for him to do so he needs to make sure in his mind that he's up for that fight before he signs a new contract.
There was the making of a good premiership striker within him before all this rubbish happened.
A good start could be if he was to sign a new contract could be him dropping his agent & look for a new one, i mean i thought his job was not only getting him the most money & addons  but to look after his welfare to.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9492 on: November 22, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »
suns out and its 20degrees in Monaco today 8)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9493 on: November 22, 2016, 12:08:15 PM »
I think only Saido, the club and those close to him really know whats going on.

It would seem from his past behaviour he has some issues, i personally think since Preseason he hasnt done a lot wrong (i may of missed something) i thought preseason and the start of the season he was trying too hard if anything.

Problem is if he is a bit unstable at the moment, it will only take minor things to throw him back a step. The fans understandably are not 100% behind him, but if he is thinking he does want a fresh start and everytime he makes a mistake he gets jumped on the pitch, that sets him back, but you cant blame the fans as from the outside it looks like he has been an idiot, its a catch 22 situation.

I read the statement as he was admitting he messed up, thank the support he had and acknowledging he needs to sort out a few problems (if he is feeling depressed then that is the main thing)

I think if he is looking at staying when he comes back, he would be best to put out a statement saying so, saying again he has been silly and asking the club and fans for a chance, i think most Albion fans would probably give him the chance and if he performs then things build from there.

At that point its over to him, of course it could all be a big smokescreen and he is leaving anyway!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9494 on: November 22, 2016, 02:45:18 PM »
We should be sending a bill to Daniel Levy for messing with his head and destroying him in the process.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9495 on: November 23, 2016, 10:04:57 AM »
We should be sending a bill to Daniel Levy for messing with his head and destroying him in the process.
I don't think in football terms Spurs did anything wrong, how often have we criticised Peace offering way below the asking price for players and dragging it out for weeks and often losing out on players because of it. Jeff Schlupp apparently really wanted to move to us in the summer and is still keen on the move but haven't noticed him refusing to play or drink driving because of it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9496 on: November 23, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »

I totally agree
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9497 on: November 23, 2016, 12:15:22 PM »
I don't think in football terms Spurs did anything wrong, how often have we criticised Peace offering way below the asking price for players and dragging it out for weeks and often losing out on players because of it. Jeff Schlupp apparently really wanted to move to us in the summer and is still keen on the move but haven't noticed him refusing to play or drink driving because of it.

No, just smashes his Maserati up then tells the old bill 'Oh well I've got three more'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-jeffrey-schlupp-smashes-up-9314976

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9498 on: November 23, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »
Yes he smashed up his car S**t happens but no suggestions of foul play  :D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9499 on: November 23, 2016, 01:13:56 PM »
Yes he smashed up his car S**t happens but no suggestions of foul play  :D

bit of a dick saying that to the copper though!