Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556652 times)

collins101

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9050 on: September 12, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
I was listening to WM on the way home from work on Friday and they had a 'super-agent' on the phone (sorry can't remember his name) and he was saying there is a Premier League player who could have moved in the Window but the clubs couldn't agree a fee after being 3 to 4 million apart on the fee, the player in question is out of contract next year and will now sign a pre-contract agreement with a European club and will then be loaned back to a Premier League club.  Paul Franks asked if this was Saido but the agent wouldn't confirm it.

Didn't the exact same thing happen with Ezekiel Fryers, I can see it happening again.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9051 on: September 12, 2016, 11:46:23 AM »

Didn't the exact same thing happen with Ezekiel Fryers, I can see it happening again.
is that the Fryers who was on loan at Ipswich last season? Great decision that was...

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9052 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:36 AM »
I think the point above was more the fact if he goes to a European club we get £0.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9053 on: September 12, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »
I think the point above was more the fact if he goes to a European club we get £0.

Both Jeremy Peace & Nick Hammond have reputations for maximising the profits on player sales, can't imagine Saido's value will slip away that easily.

I think I've said before, Evening Mail, Daily Mirror & BBCWM all have reputations for sensationalism, designed to get listeners or click bait. I never take a blind bit of notice.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9054 on: September 12, 2016, 12:13:42 PM »
Both Jeremy Peace & Nick Hammond have reputations for maximising the profits on player sales, can't imagine Saido's value will slip away that easily.

You have to remember the money we have saved on a strikers' wages over the duration of this contract. He is on a reported 15k a week so we will have saved a few million just having him on his current deal. Any striker at this level would be on at least double that i would guess.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9055 on: September 12, 2016, 12:18:42 PM »
You have to remember the money we have saved on a strikers' wages over the duration of this contract. He is on a reported 15k a week so we will have saved a few million just having him on his current deal. Any striker at this level would be on at least double that i would guess.

Agreed, & the rest.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9056 on: September 12, 2016, 12:37:17 PM »

I think I've said before, Evening Mail, Daily Mirror & BBCWM all have reputations for sensationalism, designed to get listeners or click bait. I never take a blind bit of notice.

He'll be a free transfer end of this season. If he goes abroad we get nothing for tribunal money at all. Only if he goes to English clubs, be interesting to see what happens.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9057 on: September 12, 2016, 12:42:42 PM »
He'll be a free transfer end of this season. If he goes abroad we get nothing for tribunal money at all. Only if he goes to English clubs, be interesting to see what happens.

I was reading a story in the paper/internet last week by an agent who was saying that he thought Berahino would end up going abroad in January and then being loaned back to a Premier League club until the end of the season.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9058 on: September 12, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »

Pure speculation on my part, but he also said he wouldn't play for Jeremy Peace, hopefully at the end of this week, he won't have to.

Make of that what you will.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9059 on: September 12, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »
I was reading a story in the paper/internet last week by an agent who was saying that he thought Berahino would end up going abroad in January and then being loaned back to a Premier League club until the end of the season.

Do you know what, & I'm seriously not being cryptic here, it's just the way the forum is laid out, but you have just said, almost letter for letter, exactly what was posted about 10 to 15 posts back.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9060 on: September 12, 2016, 12:52:09 PM »

From what I read he would see out the current season with us but agree a pre-contract with a foreign club in January, meanwhile a Premier League club would already have a deal agreed to sign him from the foreign side for a knockdown price. That way the Premier League club don't have to pay over £15m in compensation, the foreign club gets a few million for doing nothing and Saido spends one day at most at a foreign club before getting the move he wanted while we receive something daft like £400k compensation.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9061 on: September 12, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »
From what I read he would see out the current season with us but agree a pre-contract with a foreign club in January, meanwhile a Premier League club would already have a deal agreed to sign him from the foreign side for a knockdown price. That way the Premier League club don't have to pay over £15m in compensation, the foreign club gets a few million for doing nothing and Saido spends one day at most at a foreign club before getting the move he wanted while we receive something daft like £400k compensation.

Nice theory, but what would Saido gain by doing that? His dispute was supposed to be with Jeremy Peace, & hopefully, he'll be long gone by January.

I would suggest it's more likely to be, wait until the new owners are in place, then we'll have a chat about you're future.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9062 on: September 12, 2016, 01:09:14 PM »

Nice theory, but what would Saido gain by doing that? His dispute was supposed to be with Jeremy Peace, & hopefully, he'll be long gone by January.

I would suggest it's more likely to be, wait until the new owners are in place, then we'll have a chat about you're future.

A big fat signing on fee?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9063 on: September 12, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »
A big fat signing on fee?

Wouldn't he get that anyway?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9064 on: September 12, 2016, 01:24:52 PM »

He may have the beef with JP, but can you honestly not see him doing all he can to **** the club over before he finally leaves?

I blame Saido for a lot of things, the fact he stopped playing for us 18 months ago being the main one, but for us not realising the maximum value for him I can only blame the club. We have had ample opportunity to bog him off for a value way over what he should be worth given his lack of ability and we have held on to him for some bizarre reason.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9065 on: September 12, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »
He may have the beef with JP, but can you honestly not see him doing all he can to **** the club over before he finally leaves?

I blame Saido for a lot of things, the fact he stopped playing for us 18 months ago being the main one, but for us not realising the maximum value for him I can only blame the club. We have had ample opportunity to bog him off for a value way over what he should be worth given his lack of ability and we have held on to him for some bizarre reason.

Seriously don't want to get into a long & protracted argument on this one, a lot's been already said, but I think it was Divinewind who made a comment this morning on another thread, it went something like this "What we are seeing is only the symptom of the problem, it might not be the root cause"

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9066 on: September 12, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »

He gets the move he wants. Would a club want to pay over £15m compensation or get him for say around £7m by doing it this way? As I said it looks like a complicated deal but it is possible, he will feel he owes us absolutely nothing and as always will be looking out for only himself.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9067 on: September 12, 2016, 01:48:13 PM »
He gets the move he wants. Would a club want to pay over £15m compensation or get him for say around £7m by doing it this way? As I said it looks like a complicated deal but it is possible, he will feel he owes us absolutely nothing and as always will be looking out for only himself.

Does it have to be European, or can he sign in January for a team like Celtic?

Could easily see him going Celtic for a year, smashing in the goals, playing a little bit of european football, rebuilding his reputation and then moving back to the Premier League.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9068 on: September 12, 2016, 01:50:31 PM »
Does it have to be European, or can he sign in January for a team like Celtic?

Could easily see him going Celtic for a year, smashing in the goals, playing a little bit of european football, rebuilding his reputation and then moving back to the Premier League.

I believe its possible that the compensation is minimal to go to Scotland but there's no way they would be able to pay the wages he is likely to demand and easily get at another Premier League club.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9069 on: September 12, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »
Wouldn't he get that anyway?

Of course but he may get even more if he moves for nothing. I don't think he'll sign a new deal with a low release clause either as it will restrict his options. The club have made a huge mistake by keeping him.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9070 on: September 12, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »
Spoke to a mate at work who is a Stoke fan and they have a good friendship with Orlando City in the US and he thinks he could sign a pre contract agreement with them in January then move to Stoke in the summer

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9071 on: September 12, 2016, 02:38:43 PM »
Spoke to a mate at work who is a Stoke fan and they have a good friendship with Orlando City in the US and he thinks he could sign a pre contract agreement with them in January then move to Stoke in the summer

I could wrong, but I think the states is the one place this wouldnt work. I think the MLS actually owns the players. Would they want to get involved in something like this for the benefit of Stoke City?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9072 on: September 12, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »
I could wrong, but I think the states is the one place this wouldnt work. I think the MLS actually owns the players. Would they want to get involved in something like this for the benefit of Stoke City?

Scroll down past the video link up.

"ORLANDO, Fla. (May 6, 2016) – Orlando City SC and English Premier League side Stoke City FC have entered a multi-faceted affiliation initiating a forward-thinking partnership, the clubs announced today. The affiliation will ignite shared brand awareness and collaboration opportunities across the business and competition for both sides, with unique opportunities to enhance the fan experience.  The Citys will work together on player-exchange opportunities, accessibility to shared scouting and player-recruitment systems".

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/05/06/orlando-city-sc-announces-formal-affiliation-english-premier-league-s-stoke-city-fc

Just saying...........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9073 on: September 12, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »

Could see it working a lot easier for a Watford/Udinese Chelsea/Vitesse type deal.

Further to my Celtic post, he wouldnt need to demand a high wage, hes only on 15k here, so if he went to Celtic for 1 year he could easily be offered 35k and still be laughing.

Speaks volumes this thread does about the player, that the last time we were discussing his football performance (in a good way) is more than likely around a year ago.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9074 on: September 12, 2016, 02:45:31 PM »

Would he want to go to Stoke?
As a free agent, regardless of whats happened here the last 2 years, I imagine there would still be a good 5-10 prem teams willing to take the punt on a freebie.