Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556488 times)

rajesh-wba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8675 on: August 24, 2016, 07:10:17 PM »
Looking back we were so lucky to have Odemwingie. Oh for the days of a front four of Gera, Long, Brunt and Odemwingie. Fluid, inventive and technically sound.

Back on Saido- I'd happily accept around £22m.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8676 on: August 24, 2016, 09:47:45 PM »
Odemwingie and Berahino are both petulant idiots, but yeah at least Odemwingie had consistently proved himself. Berahino gives it the Billy Big Bo**ocks with nothing much to show for it.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8677 on: August 24, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
Certainly some harsh words tonight! Unfortunately he's just a kid....albeit a little thin between the ears. He doesn't appear to have any indearing qualities or charisma which obviously makes him an unlikable character. He has an arrogance that is sadly misplaced....something more akin to a world-beater. There's been so much love and faith placed in him by the fans....craving for him to reciprocate the adoration. Unfortunately, after so many years of hard work by all of the coaching staff, management and all elements of the club staff, we're now left with a technically good player but nobody who'll ever amount to much. I would be thrilled if he could turn it around and make history for WBA over the next few seasons.....sadly history is probably all we'll associate him with.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:30:35 PM by sconesy »

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8678 on: August 24, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »
What? Odemwingie had a stellar career, with a big money move to Russia, where we were only able to sign him due to institutionalised racism. He's captained his country, scored CL goals and appeared at World Cups.

Berahino isn't fit to lace up Peter Odemwingie's boots.

Oh so true. Odemwingie wanted one final pay day at his age. Berahino is just a jumped up little pooh.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8679 on: August 25, 2016, 04:18:50 AM »
Berahino progression as a footballer has stalled under our current head coach. He has handled aspects of it badly and alienated many supporters because of this. Personally, I have some sympathy, football is all about being in the right place at the right time. Under a different coach would he have progressed? Crystal ball time; but Berahino under Pulis was wrong place wrong time and we've all suffered for it.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8680 on: August 25, 2016, 09:29:20 AM »
Mark Hughes..

"There has been a lot of work done on this trying to sign this player [Saido Berahino] and at some point you have to make a decision on what you really want, I'm not sure if this is over yet though."

From today.
http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8681 on: August 25, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »
Mark Hughes..

"There has been a lot of work done on this trying to sign this player [Saido Berahino] and at some point you have to make a decision on what you really want, I'm not sure if this is over yet though."

From today.
http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

We've done well to keep them on the hook for this long. Had I been Stoke, regardless of his ability, I'd have told us to get stuffed by now for dragging it out.

Just please for the love of all things holy sell him and thank your lucky stars you got £20m for a busted flush.

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8682 on: August 25, 2016, 09:49:29 AM »
Can't see the point of keeping him, even if we don't manage to sign another striker. The way he's playing at the moment we'll be lucky to get one goal out of him this season.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8683 on: August 25, 2016, 10:42:42 AM »
Has he gone yet?

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8684 on: August 25, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
Has he gone yet?

whilst we are desperate for new signings? dont hold your breath

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8685 on: August 25, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8686 on: August 25, 2016, 11:20:20 AM »
Certainly some harsh words tonight! Unfortunately he's just a kid....albeit a little thin between the ears. He doesn't appear to have any indearing qualities or charisma which obviously makes him an unlikable character. He has an arrogance that is sadly misplaced....something more akin to a world-beater. There's been so much love and faith placed in him by the fans....craving for him to reciprocate the adoration. Unfortunately, after so many years of hard work by all of the coaching staff, management and all elements of the club staff, we're now left with a technically good player but nobody who'll ever amount to much. I would be thrilled if he could turn it around and make history for WBA over the next few seasons.....sadly history is probably all we'll associate him with.

Sorry, I dont buy the whole hes a kid thing. The lad is 23, he needs to grow up and be a man.
Many players had achieved more than him at this age, hes similar age to Kane and 2 years ago many would argue he was ahead of Kane.

I dont and wont believe this whole ahh but hes only a kid malarky, hes old enough to know how to act, hes been in a good acadamy since he was a kid, and will have been around adults and professionals from the age of at least 15-16, hes been out on loan to professional clubs and hes had over 100 games in the premier league, the lad should know how to conduct himself by now. Hes attitude (and I agree that the club need to hold their hands up with the whole situation) is awful, numerous times hes been in the press for doing things badly outside of football.

We as a club have stuck by him through some bad press and for whatever reason he has remained a WBA player. For me the club need to wash their hands with him, I would never want to see anyone waste their talent, but that talent isnt going to be seen here, he doesnt want to be here, his heart has been set on a move for near on 2 years now, the club need to just cut ties with him and move him on, keeping him in the starting 11 is benefiting nobody.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8687 on: August 25, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »
Sorry, I dont buy the whole hes a kid thing. The lad is 23, he needs to grow up and be a man.
Many players had achieved more than him at this age, hes similar age to Kane and 2 years ago many would argue he was ahead of Kane.

I dont and wont believe this whole ahh but hes only a kid malarky, hes old enough to know how to act, hes been in a good acadamy since he was a kid, and will have been around adults and professionals from the age of at least 15-16, hes been out on loan to professional clubs and hes had over 100 games in the premier league, the lad should know how to conduct himself by now. Hes attitude (and I agree that the club need to hold their hands up with the whole situation) is awful, numerous times hes been in the press for doing things badly outside of football.

We as a club have stuck by him through some bad press and for whatever reason he has remained a WBA player. For me the club need to wash their hands with him, I would never want to see anyone waste their talent, but that talent isnt going to be seen here, he doesnt want to be here, his heart has been set on a move for near on 2 years now, the club need to just cut ties with him and move him on, keeping him in the starting 11 is benefiting nobody.

There are only 2 people that can be blamed for that,

1) Peace - would not allow him to leave
2) Pulis - puts him in the squad regardless lately

Maybe that has an effect on his attitude?

Since last season the only thing that has happened is the whole snapchat situation which someone on here pointed out that it was being recorded from behind his shoulder so could have been someone else recording it (NO ONE will know exactly how it happened even if some on here think they are mystic meg and know it all)
Apart from that, he's got his head down and put effort in.. yes i agree he's played urine poor so have the rest of the squad, but people are saying he should be growing up he should be realising what he's done...

But since the start of the season he's praised the club on twitter, instagram etc although he does not want to be here, he's had extra training sessions and if he's done anything else stupid (like most people on here probably do) , he's kept it out of the media

But just cause he has not played well in a position he cant play in due to pulis playing him there, we still have a forum full of adults moaning and crying over a 23 year olds past ive witnessed less moaning when my nan has her friends around for a good old nag

He could sign a new contract, score 50 goals per season with us, delete twitter/instagram etc, not be mentioned by media ever again for the next 10 years and some would still be a b!tch about the whole situation.

Personally, i think he's been a complete muppet in terms of off the pitch... worst thing for me is whole drink driving speeding incident a while back im totally against that but people do it and hopefully learn before it harms anyone.

I think its time people just grow up and get over it, you all cry on here saying he needs to grow up but he's at our club regardless what any of us say earning a very good salary, whilst there are grown men on here, some probably without jobs, some with average jobs, some with decent paid jobs... that are spending their free time moaning about a 23 year old....    Makes you wonder who the real immature ones are?  ???

There are players at our club who are far worse than saido even in their natural preferred position... saido is least of our worries in terms of what we need to survive this season.

Before anyone starts jumping down my throat too cause you don't agree with me.... tough sh!t if you dislike my honest opinion  :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:48:57 AM by adamw1109 »

cidhawk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8688 on: August 25, 2016, 11:46:44 AM »
We have to sell him now, he has lost interest/confidence.  He doesn't want to be here suggest the manager doesn't want him so let's take the money and move on.

I do think he will return to being a goalscorer once he moves but that will just support the argument against Pulis not being able to get the best out of him.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8689 on: August 25, 2016, 11:52:21 AM »
It may be one of the reasons that Pulis doesn't want to let him go.
It could show Pulis up to be a very poor manager.
He would have egg on his face.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8690 on: August 25, 2016, 11:53:41 AM »
Personally I would sell him now regardless. His heart is not with us and he is hardly 'bangin' em in'.

To say that we will only let him go when we have bought another striker is a bit strange. We are not playing him as a striker anyway so its not as though we will miss him. We are not going to get £20m for him at the end of the season [the tribunal fee will probably be a lot less] and his value may be a lot less as he may have only scored 3 goals for us all season.

As I understand it he has been offered the big contract and money he so desperately craves and has turned us down. If he wants to play for a bigger club then fine, he appears to have had a choice between Stoke, Palace and Watford - the right move for a player who no doubt sees himself in the Champions League.

Its at times like this I wish that Albion would just take the risk and get rid........[although I do admire JP for standing up to the spuds last year]
MAGA!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8691 on: August 25, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »
Get rid regardless of signing a replacement, at present he is as useless as a chocolate fireguard, nothing to miss or lose,play leko instead

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8692 on: August 25, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »
Berahino just a kid?! I'm only a year older than him but would never consider behaving in the manner he has. He's a grown man with the mind of a child.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8693 on: August 25, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
Berahino just a kid?! I'm only a year older than him but would never consider behaving in the manner he has. He's a grown man with the mind of a child.

Spot on.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8694 on: August 25, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »

Since last season the only thing that has happened is the whole snapchat situation which someone on here pointed out that it was being recorded from behind his shoulder so could have been someone else recording it (NO ONE will know exactly how it happened even if some on here think they are mystic meg and know it all)
Apart from that, he's got his head down and put effort in.. yes i agree he's played urine poor so have the rest of the squad, but people are saying he should be growing up he should be realising what he's done...

But since the start of the season he's praised the club on twitter, instagram etc although he does not want to be here, he's had extra training sessions and if he's done anything else stupid (like most people on here probably do) , he's kept it out of the media

But just cause he has not played well in a position he cant play in due to pulis playing him there, we still have a forum full of adults moaning and crying over a 23 year olds past ive witnessed less moaning when my nan has her friends around for a good old nag

He could sign a new contract, score 50 goals per season with us, delete twitter/instagram etc, not be mentioned by media ever again for the next 10 years and some would still be a b!tch about the whole situation.

Personally, i think he's been a complete muppet in terms of off the pitch... worst thing for me is whole drink driving speeding incident a while back im totally against that but people do it and hopefully learn before it harms anyone.

I think its time people just grow up and get over it, you all cry on here saying he needs to grow up but he's at our club regardless what any of us say earning a very good salary, whilst there are grown men on here, some probably without jobs, some with average jobs, some with decent paid jobs... that are spending their free time moaning about a 23 year old....    Makes you wonder who the real immature ones are?  ???

There are players at our club who are far worse than saido even in their natural preferred position... saido is least of our worries in terms of what we need to survive this season.

Before anyone starts jumping down my throat too cause you don't agree with me.... tough sh!t if you dislike my honest opinion  :P

frankly thats a bit of a childish rant too! However,

If he did smarten his act up and perform for the club, the fans would embrace him. My god we need something to rally around at the moment. He is "one of our own" he could have become a club legend if he'd kept his focus on footy. I would love to see it happen, but its REALLY the last chance saloon now and I'm not holding my breath.
My opinion and likewise tough ....
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8695 on: August 25, 2016, 01:00:37 PM »

frankly thats a bit of a childish rant too! However,

If he did smarten his act up and perform for the club, the fans would embrace him. My god we need something to rally around at the moment. He is "one of our own" he could have become a club legend if he'd kept his focus on footy. I would love to see it happen, but its REALLY the last chance saloon now and I'm not holding my breath.
My opinion and likewise tough ....

Childish rant? not really... its what some of our 'fans' our like.

and when he was put back in the squad and scored a one or 2 goals... people were still moaning (like some still do with odemwingie)

he didnt do jack pooh against northampton like most of our squad, he never scored his penalty like morisson didnt.... yet he's our worst ever player to hear some speak

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8696 on: August 25, 2016, 01:13:14 PM »
Childish rant? not really... its what some of our 'fans' our like.

and when he was put back in the squad and scored a one or 2 goals... people were still moaning (like some still do with odemwingie)

he didnt do jack rubbish against northampton like most of our squad, he never scored his penalty like morisson didnt.... yet he's our worst ever player to hear some speak

I think the gap between "potential and actual" is what grinds peoples gears. Add in a history of "petulance' and people get annoyed, it really isn't surprising.
I think WBA fans are as tolerant as most to be honest. time will tell.

I do admire (not understand) your "loyalty" to him though, I imagine its because he wears the stripes rather than a personal thing, correct?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8697 on: August 25, 2016, 01:19:51 PM »
I think the gap between "potential and actual" is what grinds peoples gears. Add in a history of "petulance' and people get annoyed, it really isn't surprising.
I think WBA fans are as tolerant as most to be honest. time will tell.

I do admire (not understand) your "loyalty" to him though, I imagine its because he wears the stripes rather than a personal thing, correct?

I wouldn't even call it loyalty to him, personally i couldn't care less if he's at our club or not, but for the time he's out our club i will stick by him the same goes for any other player even if i feel they don't deserve to be for whatever reason.

People are quick to judge him for what he's done at 'our club' yet they are happy to speak the way they do about our players,  pretty embarrassing really.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8698 on: August 25, 2016, 01:40:32 PM »
I would celebrate him leaving our club more than I would a win over the vile.

What he has done to damage the reputation of our club over the last season and half has been disgusting and I honestly can't wait to see the back of him...

Apart from his attitude, morals and actions I don't think he is anywhere near as good as people think. Personally I would honestly rather have Leko starting in his place.

If some one does pay £20ish then they will really have had their pants pulled down

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8699 on: August 25, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »

It actually is the fault of only 2 people...

1. Saido Berahino

2. Daniel Levy
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.